OMG i can SO relate
i know i am just a fan, not even expect Arlo to even get this, but no matter
Cheers to you bro, i am very glad this song is in my collection

Michael G Simpson
731-592-0853
mikesimp58@gmail.com

i am from Small town in North West
Tennessee (union city)
i so much enjoy playing your song at local bar Bottom's Up (for 2 reasons) i love it, and it pisses off the yupies

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Neat story. Hope Arlo sees this. :)

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:05 pm

BlunderVirgin

I wanted to relate a story from my past that I told my daughter the other day while we were watching the 50th anniversary on PBS. I made her watch it for the Massacree, since she was still upset about the election and I hoped a lesson in some of the absurdities of life might let her laugh.

I never realized just how cool my music teacher in grade school was until I was in college. Mrs. Askins was an older woman (and fiercely Irish; St. Patrick's day was not to be trifled with at my school!). Anyway, she would play what she called "popular" music to us every so often, and we would bang wood blocks or blow kazoos and what not to the music. We didn't think she knew what popular music was since she was old and it was the late 60's and early 70's and it wasn't what we heard onWLS or the other radio stations. When I got to college I met a few people and got into folk music. That is when I found out she had been playing us Pet Seeger, The Weavers, and Woody Guthrie.

The point of this story is that she made us learn This Land is Your Land including the "No Tresspassing" and "Freedom Highway" verses. Pretty cool for an old music teacher at that time, looking back on it.

This Land is Your Land had just been playing when I started to relate this to her. I finished this story to my daughter (who is a sophomore in college) by explaining the reason I told her all this was because I was 10 years old before I realized that This Land is Your Land *wasn't* the national anthem. All that time, to me, it just made sense that it would be the anthem for America. Sometimes I really miss that innocence.

I just hope Arlo might read this sometime to let him know I have been listening to him (and unknowingly for a while) his dad most of my life and is part of the soundtrack of my psyche. Thanks.