Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Arlo ,Thank You.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

So for the very first time in my 60 plus years I got to see Arlo last night in South Orange NJ !He,they ,it was great Sarah Lee came out first and could of gone all night that is how much she swayed the crowed she was great!
Arlo was in great form did many of the old songs and did not disappoint.My brother and I were there and we were talking on the ride home about what we liked best and we both agreed we could have just listen to Arlo's tell stories about his family and his life all night.Honesltly the three big highlights of the evening were Arlo phenomenal tribut to his late wife Jackie and Arlo himself, he did such a great job even if he hadn't done Alice's I would have loved the evening (lol) but he did do it and it was great!
Alice's Restaurant has a special meaning for me as I'm sure it does for many people and it just meant so much to actually hear and see Arlo perform it.The stories about Officer William J. Obanhein (Obie) and Stockbridge hit home my brothers and I have spent many a summer in the Berkshires and knew the quirkiness of the towns people all to well!
I'll end with a very grateful Thank You and may you stay well ,you and all your family.

Sincerely
G1

Post subject: Re: Arlo ,Thank You.
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 9:47 pm

BlunderVirgin

G1.. wrote:
So for the very first time in my 60 plus years I got to see Arlo last night in South Orange NJ !He,they ,it was great Sarah Lee came out first and could of gone all night that is how much she swayed the crowed she was great!
Arlo was in great form did many of the old songs and did not disappoint.My brother and I were there and we were talking on the ride home about what we liked best and we both agreed we could have just listen to Arlo's tell stories about his family and his life all night.Honesltly the three big highlights of the evening were Arlo phenomenal tribut to his late wife Jackie and Arlo himself, he did such a great job even if he hadn't done Alice's I would have loved the evening (lol) but he did do it and it was great!
Alice's Restaurant has a special meaning for me as I'm sure it does for many people and it just meant so much to actually hear and see Arlo perform it.The stories about Officer William J. Obanhein (Obie) and Stockbridge hit home my brothers and I have spent many a summer in the Berkshires and knew the quirkiness of the towns people all to well!
I'll end with a very grateful Thank You and may you stay well ,you and all your family.

Sincerely
G1

My wife and I were there too. While I have seen Arlo several times she had never seen him before. The concert was great and we both enjoyed Sarah Lee very much. As ever, the stories are wonderful and I hope that one day my son and daughter have the opportunity to see this legend in person. I am a little older than Arlo but if he can keep going so can I.