Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 am

BlunderVirgin

Excited to see Arlo tonight in Port Washingtion, New York. I grew up in Coney Island not knowing that Arlo and family where only a few blocks away. To my surprise the house a grew up in was featured on the cover of "Billy Bragg & Wilco Mermaid Avenue" Album Cove.
Apparently my house looked very much like the house that Arlo and family lived in

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Arlo Fanatic

coneyisland1952 wrote:
Excited to see Arlo tonight in Port Washingtion, New York. I grew up in Coney Island not knowing that Arlo and family where only a few blocks away. To my surprise the house a grew up in was featured on the cover of "Billy Bragg & Wilco Mermaid Avenue" Album Cove.
Apparently my house looked very much like the house that Arlo and family lived in

wow, that is pretty cool. i have that CD and it is pretty good (still don't have the second one, though). it is a nice CD cover but i really hadn't given it a whole lot of thought, but i can see why you really would! anyhow, so now i got to wondering whereabout woody and them might have actually lived? saw this and thought i would add it here, gets into a lot of detail about this and that and there is a really great photo of marjorie and cathy ann somewhere in the middle of it, you'll see it there, and all sorts of other piecing of things together. if you haven't already seen this you might find it interesting (it is interesting either way, i guess), you as well as others may find it interesting for that matter

http://www.popspotsnyc.com/mermaid_avenue/

anyhow, i just got a kick outta that, 'hey i used to live in that house!' , that is pretty neat

oh, and have fun at the show!

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

just a bit of an aside

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?. ... =106644797

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... db3245.jpg

but back to the opening post, that is a pretty cool story. i guess i am just imagining how startled i would be to discover such a thing.

edited to add: i don't think anyone is obviously credited for the artwork in the links, but to the best of my knowledge it is christian schloe. and no, i have no connection to them (him/her?). i just like the pictures

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cool, I have that CD, haven't listened to it in forever though.

P.S don't want to 'Bragg' Agnes, but I have the second one too (some where).

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:06 pm

Arlo Fanatic

beverleyknowles wrote:
P.S don't want to 'Bragg' Agnes, but I have the second one too….

tee-hee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 am

BlunderVirgin

coneyisland1952 wrote:

___
We lived a mile away in Bensonhurst. Then we moved to the Bronx. There was a bad kid in the apartment opposite ours, so bad he was expelled from elementary school. Wondered what happened to Stevie Tallarico; learned recently he changed his name to Steven Tyler and founded Aerosmith.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

npn wrote:
coneyisland1952 wrote:

___
We lived a mile away in Bensonhurst. Then we moved to the Bronx. There was a bad kid in the apartment opposite ours, so bad he was expelled from elementary school. Wondered what happened to Stevie Tallarico; learned recently he changed his name to Steven Tyler and founded Aerosmith.

wow!