Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Well it's official. I won't be able to go to Arlo's gigs in Rocky Mount, VA next week due to my moms fall last week. She was gonna go with me and stay in the bed and breakfast we were staying in while we went to the shows. She is still not feeling well nor up to going to the drs so I am taking care of her. I can't go for 3 nites (We were leaving Sun and coming home on Wed) and leave her alone. So trip is out. No Arlo, no eating at a neat sounding restaurant made out of an old drug store in Gretna, VA on the way up. no going to a neat sounding knitting store there in Rocky Mount. And a skein of yarn, I saw on their website called to me and made me want it. :( A heartbreaking week for me next week.
I called to see if I could get a refund on the tix and sadly you can't. It's sadly that way at a lot of places. You not only get a broken heart but are out of money too. I asked them if I could give the tix to someone else and they said I could. I'd just have to call them and tell them the name of the person. And they would put their name down and I guess print new tix for them or something.
So if anyone wants free tixs to both nites shows in Rocky Mount, VA next Mon and Tues just let me know. I only have 1 ticket for each nite tho as I as I was the only one going to the show and my mom was staying in the bed and breakfast while I was at the show. If I can't go and have joy, then someone else deserves it. I hate to see good tix wasted. This might be a good road trip for Sue or someone else. :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:28 pm

ArloNetizen

That is so nice of you. We live too far away and can't miss hospital visits. I hope someone gets to enjoy them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:34 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks. So far no takers. Empty seats I guess. Sad, cuz I really looked forward to going so bad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 pm

BlunderVirgin

Ah, a shame that you have to miss the gigs: I know, by my own excitement about the April show in AZ and my love of Arlo, how badly you want to go. But of course Mama is very important and you are important to her. Tis a noble and loving sacrifice you're making for her. There's not much that could keep me from going to the Mesa show, but if my 89 year old Mama needed me, I'd be there for her. She lives nearby, but my crazy schedule doesn't allow me much time to see her. I did, just last night, take her out to Red Lobster for a nice dinner... She does love her Lobster!
I hope your mother recovers soon from her fall, and that you get a chance to catch another show when he comes back down the line...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl, call the local DAV office. There might be a disabled vet around there that would like to see Arlo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wish I'd seen this post in time. Hopefully the folks there had a great time at the show. I didn't cuz I was stuck here at home. Yuck. At least myom is doing better and is now able to go out to eat with me now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:56 pm

BlunderVirgin

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Wish I'd seen this post in time. Hopefully the folks there had a great time at the show. I didn't cuz I was stuck here at home. Yuck. At least myom is doing better and is now able to go out to eat with me now.

I can relate to your pain Cheryl... in the past 6 weeks my dear ol' Dad (89) up in WA state fell and broke his hip... Then Mom (also 89) here in Phoenix ended up in the ER with what started as a simple (if anything at 89 is simple) case of bronchitis, but grew into other issues. It was three (4?) weeks ago today that she went to the ER and she has been in the hospital and various care centers ever since... Hopefully soon to go home. I've been getting up earlier than I'm used to everyday to go spend time with her. Oh yeah, I had a minor kidney procedure in this time frame as well... I'm toast!
Glad to hear that your dear Mama is feeling better and getting out...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks. Hope your folks are doing better abnd you too. I had a kideney surgery in the early 70's once and thankfully that was the last time I was in a hospital.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:35 pm

BlunderVirgin

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Thanks. Hope your folks are doing better abnd you too. I had a kideney surgery in the early 70's once and thankfully that was the last time I was in a hospital.

...And thank you, my friend. Both of my parents are back in their respective homes now and doing well.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

So good to hear. Hope they are doing better. :)