Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: PBS Arlo concert
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:01 pm

BlunderVirgin

Just tuned in the concert...remembered all over again that I love you, Arlo....and have since the 60s. Now I AM in the 60s...time passed but we all stayed true to ourselves. Hapy Thanksgiving to you...and Alice :D

Post subject: Re: PBS Arlo concert
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Rock solid, Arlo. Really. You guys cooked. Brought back folk rock in one. Terry, Abe and Bobby ...) wow. Solid. Tasty. Figured out. And loose. That was brilliant guys. Slick!!

Proud to be a fan.

Nice room. The Blundernation. Familiar faces. A lotta love in that crew and you be thar captain and shepherd. Well done. Just beautiful.

Who was the bass player? The credits on PBS go small and fast.

:)

len

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:12 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Yea! Just finished showing, here in Iowa, too. Brought back memories of the concert earlier this month. Just wondeful. This was truly an Alice's Restaurant Thanksgiving and I am still lovin every moment of it!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:14 pm

BlunderVirgin

Arlo on PBS. Great show. Seen Arlo in St. Louis I think it was 2005. He played Alices Restaurant in full for the first time in years, since 1995, for the 40th anniversary. That too was a great show. I have been an Arlo fan since the 60s, as I am in MY 60s, have seen Arlo every time he has been in St. Louis and in Jacksonville Fla. in 1978 while serving in the Navy. I hope I get to see him again next year at the Touhill in St. Louis Feb 16. Have all his music and as I play music myself have ALWAYS played the Motorcycle Song, from the 1968 "Arlo" LP, in my family gatherings and with friends. Used to play Alices Restaurant too, but my fingers don't work as well as they used to. Have been to the Church in 1978, when our ship was in Boston, went to Alices Restaurant...but it was closed that day. Went to the "scene of the crime" have some photos of that too. So sad to hear that Arlos wife is not with us. The song really meant something to me as well as the song about his Mother. Tears to my eyes. Arlo has a way with words that can make you think. This is my first time on here and really new to the "Computer Age". So my wish to all Arlo fans everywhere is to God Bless you, and God Bless Arlo, my MOST favorite musican for the past 48 years. :D Sparky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Great show! Thought the highlight was his tribute to Jackie. We saw him in concert just a few months after she passed, but I guess it was "too soon" for him then. Also, the song about his mother was sweetness.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:39 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yea, the tribute to Jackie is really nice. It's very nice to see photos of her and Arlo together during their marriage. It's apparent they were perfect for eac other.

Hear You Sing Again is very beautiful. I love it very much and it does remind me of my own mother, then I cry. But I don't care because it's too beautiful not to listen to. I sing along with it. The sad part, I guess, is that I can't remember my mother's voice and that's disturbing for me. She died in November of 1981 and within 5 years, I couldn't remember the sound of her voice, anymore. I don't understand it, either. We were like best friends during the last 10 or 15 years of her life. I don't get it. But I miss her, so, and wish I could remember.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:10 am

BlunderVirgin

len wrote:
Rock solid, Arlo. Really. You guys cooked. Brought back folk rock in one. Terry, Abe and Bobby ...) wow. Solid. Tasty. Figured out. And loose. That was brilliant guys. Slick!!

Proud to be a fan.

Nice room. The Blundernation. Familiar faces. A lotta love in that crew and you be thar captain and shepherd. Well done. Just beautiful.

Who was the bass player? The credits on PBS go small and fast.

:)

I wasn't able to catch the PBS broadcast... was on the road to Las Vegas heading to a Dead & Co. Show (the current reincarnation of the Grateful Dead) but that's another post on another website I suppose. But it was great! My daughter, however - as I type - is seeing Arlo in Carnegie Hall... She sent me a snap shot of the playbill for tonight's show. On bass tonight is one Darren Todd. Not sure if he's the same bassist on the Broadcast Show... but seems a good bet.
Peace, please...

len

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:36 pm

BlunderVirgin

Caught the PBS show.....really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yes, that was Darren Todd playing bass on the broadcast.