Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:12 pm

BlunderVirgin

...I hope you're all surrounded by loved ones, and enjoying a Thanksgiving Dinner That Can't Be Beat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Thankyou, jwbonz. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Yep, stuffed with stuffed cabbages. LOL. More to come and watching Alice's Resturant as I type. When the kid comes back upstairs from taking his shower, we'll be doing the green bean casserole and stuffing. Ham's already done and waiting then he's gonna be making pie. I suppose it's pumpkin but I don't really care. I love pie and a lot more than other deserts. I never feel guilty about eating pumpkin pie cause it's full of fiber (I think) and is good for ya. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:48 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dragonfly wrote:
Thankyou, jwbonz. And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Yep, stuffed with stuffed cabbages. LOL. More to come and watching Alice's Resturant as I type. When the kid comes back upstairs from taking his shower, we'll be doing the green bean casserole and stuffing. Ham's already done and waiting then he's gonna be making pie. I suppose it's pumpkin but I don't really care. I love pie and a lot more than other deserts. I never feel guilty about eating pumpkin pie cause it's full of fiber (I think) and is good for ya. :D

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Right on Dragonfly... and you know - if I've read the Rising Son tour page correctly - that there will be an airing of a show from Arlo's tour
aired on PBS tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes!!! I came back to mention that. I am on central time and it appears it's going to show on PBS out of Cedar Rapids at 8:30pm, tonight. I can't wait! There is an hour long music program right before that and I think it's folk but not positive.

Yippee!!! Unfortunately, I can't tape it or TEVO it or anything like that. My old TV in my bedroom isn't set up or hooked up properly right now to tape anything and the DVR or cable box or whatever it is out here on the Blu-ray is too old??? or something to that effect, to be able to use with the newest programming. Maybe my son can catch it with one of his Xbox deals. He's got a 360 and an X-box One. I think one of those might be able to do it but I'd only ever be able to watch it when he's not using it which is always, even when he's sleeping. ROTFLOL. We shall see. :D 8)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

BTW, talking with a friend in St Louis at the moment and she says her channel lineup says this:

ALICE'S RESTAURANT 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT

Arlo Guthrie performs his classic "Alice's Restaurant Massacre" song in its entirety. Also in the set: "Chilling of the Evening"; "City of New Orleans"; "Coming Into Los Angeles"; "Highway in the Wind"; "I Hear You Sing Again"; "The Motorcycle Song"; "My Peace"; "Pig Meat"; and "St. James Infirmary."

Sounds good to me! :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:23 pm

BlunderVirgin

ALICE'S RESTAURANT 50TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT

its no now ...And we need it , with its message of peace , for today, from the Grope W bench ...