Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: Me And My Goose
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Is this song a true story? :shock: If so, I had similar happen with 3 ducks. :( I wanna know if it's true that Arlo's mom served the goose for dinner.

Post subject: Re: Me And My Goose
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:00 am

The Folkslinger

No it is not true for me, although it's true for others. My father called my mother "The fastest can-openner east of the Mississippi." She was known for a lot of things but being a good cook wasn't one of them. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:31 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Hahahahahaha, "fastest can opener east of the Mississippi". She must have known my grandma. My dad said my grandma could make a complete meal out of nothing. :D

But, yea, my brother and I had 3 ducks. Probably cost about the same as that goose. When they grew up, in town I might add, the neighbors started complaining because they were quacking like mad at 5am every morning, trying to fly. The leader of the group, named Moe, would be quacking and flapping and running the length of the yard, back and forth, back and forth and the other two would be following in formation but they never could get off the ground.

One day we came home from school and my mom had the 3 of them in a box in the car and off we went - to a butcher shop :shock: There went my ducks. Boooooooo!!!! I still remember em and that was back in the 50s when I was in grade school. <sigh> Loved them ducks. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Hey, dragonfly, I see you're in Iowa City. My wife's sister lives in Nichols, and we're contemplating a trip up there the 1st week of November. Will you be at the 11/3 show?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Heyyy, mikey, yes I am in Iowa City and YES, I will be at that show on the 3rd. :) My birthday is the day before so this is the perfect birthday present for me! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dragonfly wrote:
Heyyy, mikey, yes I am in Iowa City and YES, I will be at that show on the 3rd. :) My birthday is the day before so this is the perfect birthday present for me! :D

Nice, Kathie! Won't know if we're going for a while, but I'll keep you posted on here if we go. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

mikey wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:

Nice, Kathie! Won't know if we're going for a while, but I'll keep you posted on here if we go. Enjoy!

Yes, please let me know. I will be with my son and ex husband but if you go, we gotta meet up if only for a bit. I think we are going to take a taxi down there because parking is on the street or what looks like an awfully long walk and I have very bad knees and can't walk a long distance, let alone stand. I plan on us arriving right when it's time to be able to go inside and get to our seats so I can actually make it TO my seat. Hahahahaha!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:24 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Oh, I am not originally from here, nor do I know my way around this town very well, let alone this state. I was born in Illinois, lived there most of my life but spent a good deal of time in 2 cities in Missouri and Tulsa, Oklahoma. I know my way around there just fine but not here - not yet. I have no idea where Nichols is. :oops:

I know Arlo is also playing in Des Moines, the night after, if I remember, correctly. When I looked about a month ago, it appeared they were nearly sold out, there, but not here and I am here, not there. LOL. Here, it was still looking pretty good for gold seating, about a week ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:
No it is not true for me, although it's true for others. My father called my mother "The fastest can-openner east of the Mississippi." She was known for a lot of things but being a good cook wasn't one of them. :)

Thanks so much for the info hon. I always thought that was a true story. :)