Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 am

BlunderVirgin

Arlo
I hope you are having a good day and also happy belated birthday. This is quite the longshot, but hey, a girl has to try :D

My family and I have been fundraising for Huntington's disease. My stepdaughters' mother is in a nursing home and was diagnosed 8 years ago. She is 44 yrs. old. My stepdaughters are 20 and 17 and I couldn't ask for better stepkids. My husband and I have been staying positive for the girls as they struggle with getting tested in years to come before they decide to start a family. The girls decided over a year ago that they didn't want to dwell on this but to turn their energies into positive ones and that's when they decided to start fundraising. My husband and I have supported them in anyway possible. We started with a fundraiser last year and now this year we are having a "Strike out HD", "bowl for a cure".

What is really ironic is that you will be performing at the Palace Theater, Greensburg, PA on Oct. 2. Our fundraiser is on Oct. 4 and not that far from where you will be performing. Again, this is a long shot but we would love for you to make an appearance. The members of the Western, PA HDSA chapter will all be present and just for a few hours we will be having fun while raising money for such a worthy cause. While I know there are other fundraisers across the country that make more money than I could ever think of, I like to think every little bit helps. My stepdaughters' attended the HDSA National convention and Dallas, TX this year and they returned home with renewed spirit and spunk and ready to get out there and raise awareness!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for your consideration.

Leeann Wood
"Wood's Warriors for HD"