Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:48 pm

BlunderVirgin

I am at my wit's end!
Dear Arlo, fans, and anyone who will be so kind to respond on his behalf:

I am a fan of Arlo Guthrie's and the film Alice's Restaurant and I am looking for a catalog of the songs Arlo performs throughout the film, and whether or not they are available for sale.

One song in particular, found at about 27:25-28:00 in to the film, he is performing in a small club accompanied with a stand up bass player, a punchy little tune that I always get stuck in my head. I'd love to know what this song is called.

Also, another song I'd like to know is the instrumental he performs with "Roger" at about 6:35 in to the film both playing kazoos.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I thought I would go right to the talent and wish you continued success, thank you for so much wonderful music over the decades, and hope you can answer my questions so I can search for the songs and hopefully find them to purchase. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Marlana wrote:
I am at my wit's end!
Dear Arlo, fans, and anyone who will be so kind to respond on his behalf:

I am a fan of Arlo Guthrie's and the film Alice's Restaurant and I am looking for a catalog of the songs Arlo performs throughout the film, and whether or not they are available for sale.

One song in particular, found at about 27:25-28:00 in to the film, he is performing in a small club accompanied with a stand up bass player, a punchy little tune that I always get stuck in my head. I'd love to know what this song is called.

Also, another song I'd like to know is the instrumental he performs with "Roger" at about 6:35 in to the film both playing kazoos.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I thought I would go right to the talent and wish you continued success, thank you for so much wonderful music over the decades, and hope you can answer my questions so I can search for the songs and hopefully find them to purchase. Thank you!

i am not qualified to speak for arlo, but arlo said once that the kazoo thing was "the cafe harris rag" available on the alice's restaurant soundtrack CD (not on the vinyl as far as i can tell)

so there's that

the other one sounds like you are talking about the "wanna ball you right now rag" song?

dunno where that might be available for sale. (dunno if it is or isn't)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

And there was a song about my hands to the water and the land and it will go to the sand I'm going home or some such. Good one too. Wish they had put those on the soundtrack album. :)