Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:58 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Dear Arlo,

You probably may have heard that Gareth Brooks was a coming to Croke Park, Dublin for a couple of wee concerts over five nights and the Dublin gig was to be his born-again, come back Gareth event. (approx 400,000 tickets sold so nearly as big as Woodstock 69 butt on seats - not grass 8) ).

Well, due to a wee failure of communication on someone's part, only three gigs were approved and Dublin City Council are not for a budging. Gareth, in response, has let it be known that it's five gigs or none, so we appear to have a wee bit of problem for all concerned. A bit of a wee pickle, you might just say! (I'm not a Gareth fan but our banjaxed, banana republic could do with cheering up)

Arlo, any chance of intervening in order to promote better relations between the wee boys so that those poor Gareth fans will not be disappointed? Or better still, how about offering to do three 'Here comes the Kid and family' gigs in place of Gareth? :D
(A film crew has already been booked and his many containers are already on the way to our fair shores from your homeland. Anyhow, I'm sure your fellow countryman would probably appreciate you stately intervention before those containers have to turn around and go all the way back across the wee pond)

And Arlo, if you do happen to do those three gigs instead of Gareth I'll buy a few tickets for each night and bring our wee 'Arlo' along for a photo opportunity.

Yours in anticipation with Peace, love and lots of warm Irish hugs.

:mrgreen:

Ps. Your may have to sing a few wee Gareth songs but I'd be willing to endure for sure :roll:

Last edited by woodstock69 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 am

Senior ArloNetizen

woodstock69 wrote:
Dear Arlo,

You probably may have heard that Gareth Brooks was a coming to Croke Park Dublin for a couple of wee concerts over five nights and Dublin was to be his born-again come back event. (approx 400,000 tickets sold so nearly as big as Woodstock 69 but on seats - not grass).

Well, due to a wee failure of communication on someone's part only three gigs were approved and Dublin City Council are not for a budging and Gareth has let it be known that it's five gigs or none so we appear to have a wee bit of problem for all concerned,

Any chance of intervening in order to promote better relations between the boys so that Gareth fans will not be disappointed or how about offering to do three gigs in place of Gareth. (His containers are already on the way and I'm sure he would probably appreciate you stately intervention before those containers have to turn around)

If you happen to do those three gigs instead of Gareth I'll buy a few tickets for each night and bring our wee 'Arlo' along for a photo opportunity.

Yours in anticipation with Peace, love and lots of warm Irish hugs

Why would you still want Mr Brooks if he is being a horse's ass (and he is) ?Fathers of Dublin seem pretty smart ,I would stay out of it myself ,why get them pissed at me ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I say let Arlo come over there. He will get a better concert turn out I bet. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:16 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I say let Arlo come over there. He will get a better concert turn out I bet. :)

Your on the ball Cheryl but its also a matter of quality not quantity and Arlo got the hair for that!

Peace and a big Irish hug to ya

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Dear Arlo,

Thought I'd just update you folks re those Garth Brook's concerts: ALL cancelled. The 'Horse's Ass' has bolted and the fans….well….I can't say cause I'm not one of his.

Keep smiling…..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:28 am

Senior ArloNetizen

woodstock69 wrote:
Dear Arlo,

Thought I'd just update you folks re those Garth Brook's concerts: ALL cancelled. The 'Horse's Ass' has bolted and the fans….well….I can't say cause I'm not one of his.

Keep smiling…..

Its on our national news this morning that our Taoiseach Enda Kenny (Irish Prime Minister) is now involved with this Mexian standoff and there is now even talk on the Irish airwaves that President Obama is going to be asked to have a word with Garth (and maybe get a couple of free tickets but no cowboy Boots on the ground!)
Arlo, there is still time for you to offer your services and hopefully You got friends in Higher places!

Peace and Goodwill ye all :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I heard on radio 4 that the council have bent and said they will allow two more afternoon performances and are waiting to see if he will except the offer?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

beverleyknowles wrote:
I heard on radio 4 that the council have bent and said they will allow two more afternoon performances and are waiting to see if he will except the offer?

Yes they did but last I heard was that Garth still wants/requires/insists/will swim/crawl etc etc and even speak to our Taoiseach to make sure those five nights happen. So while the ship is on the way over and sanity has gone overboard the concert is on in Limbo awaiting absoultion, redemption and the nod from our smiling Prime Minister who has just completed his Cabinet shuffle - nothing to ruffle or truffle about.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The Garth Brooks No-Show show goes on and on and there's no such a thing as 'bad' publicity for some folks. :P

Yes, there really was a pro-Garth Brooks rally in Dublin today but still waiting for the black smoke to turn white….

There's still time Arlo to intervene and shoot at this wee pickle or maybe even an 'appropriate' song to sing…. :wink:

Peace and another new year reached Arlo G.