Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:33 pm

BlunderVirgin

Loretta wrote:
Hi everybody - I'm new on ArloNet but an Arlo fan from way back :wink: in the day. Finally got on here after almost a year of trying.

Anyway, I am the originator of a grass roots movement working to let the Kennedy Center know how much Arlo Guthrie deserves to be honored for his lifetime achievements as a folk musician. It only takes a few minutes of every Arlo fan to visit the Kennedy Center's nomination page and fill out a short form including the reason Arlo should be recognized for this honor. Like I said, it's just a little ol' movement...

The Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement, you say in a questioning tone of voice. Yep. That's right.

See if I did it, and you do it, and you share this with your sister's mother's brother and he does it, that's three people who did it.

And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people a-clickin' on the link while they are singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant or Comin' into Los Angeles or City of New Orleans - and fillin' out the form and hittin' the "Send" button. They may think it's an Organization.

And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, a-clickin' on the link while they are singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant or Comin' into Los Angeles or City of New Orleans - and fillin' out the form and hittin' the "Send" button. I said fifty people a day.

Friends, they may think it's a movement.

And that's what it is, the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement, and all you got to do to click on the link and do what is says and then join in and sing it the next time it come's around on the Guitar - with feeling.

SO, SEE, THIS IS A LITTLE GRASS ROOTS MOVEMENT, FOLKS BUT IT COULD MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE.
IF ANYONE CARRIES THE TORCH FOR FOLK MUSIC THAT PETE AND WOODY PASSED, IT'S BEEN AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO BE ARLO.
IF YOU WANNA JOIN ME AND THE NOMINATE ARLO FOR KENNEDY CENTER HONORS MOVEMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND FILL OUT THE FORM. IT'S AS EASY AS THAT.

The link for the Kennedy Center Honors Recommendation page is:
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/ ... istory.cfm

The link for the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors on Facebook is:
http://www.facebook.com/nominateArlo

Hope you join us! We're almost up to 200 members on FB but I'm hoping we can get 2000 (or more!) to nominate Arlo.

Thanks so much. - Loretta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:09 am

BlunderVirgin

mikey wrote:
Just submitted a recommendation with a brief (very) writeup. Thanks for letting us know about this. Maybe we can start a movement!

We do have a movement...the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honor Movement!

Thanks, Mikey, for joining and submitting a recommendation for Arlo...
8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We support the cause. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 am

BlunderVirgin

Well, folks, The Nominate Arlo Gurthie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement is sad to report that we didn't sufficiently influence the Kennedy Center to recognize Arlo this year, we will continue on to next year!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:12 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Loretta wrote:
Well, folks, The Nominate Arlo Gurthie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement is sad to report that we didn't sufficiently influence the Kennedy Center to recognize Arlo this year, we will continue on to next year!!

Good , and I mean no disrespect to this years nominee's but Al Green , really ???

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:32 pm

BlunderVirgin

8) Just wanted to update everyone (I lost my password :roll: and it took me a while to work through the system to get a new one lol to log back in) that the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement Facebook page is still very much alive. The Movement continues! We are almost at 1200 "members" and continue to submit our nominations for Arlo to the Kennedy Center! If you haven't heard of us, please visit our page for the link to the Kennedy Center public nomination page or follow the link below. When you get on the Kennedy Center page, go to the bottom of the text and click on the link that says "Recommend an Honor". Click on this and a form will drop down. It's fast and easy to fill out the form and then you get to tell them why Arlo deserves this honor.

Our FB page link is:
https://www.facebook.com/nominateArlo/

The link to nominate Arlo at the Kennedy Center site is:
http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/ ... ts/honors/

Please share the Nominate Arlo links with other Arlo fans.

Hope to see some folks at the 2016 HD Walk this coming May 15th, 2016 at the Church - it won't be long!! - and the Spring Revival! Anybody hear Revival Concert dates yet BTW?

We'll just keep singing that chorus every time it comes around!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:55 pm

BlunderVirgin

G1.. wrote:
Loretta wrote:

Good , and I mean no disrespect to this years nominee's but Al Green , really ???

We're just gonna keep singing the chorus every time it comes around and eventually, The Kennedy Center is bound to get the :idea:

Please make sure to go in and nominate Arlo again for this year! I'd say we have until about the middle of June to shower them with nominations for Arlo. They made the announcement of last year's recipients very early - and one spot it already taken up with the Eagles because they opted to wait for this year's show due to Glen Frye's health.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 pm

BlunderVirgin

Just an FYI if you are trying to nominate on the Kennedy Center site. The links I posted do work but the site is down for some reason. I'll keep checking in on it and post when it opens up again. There has been something going on with it for the past two days. All the recommendations for Arlo must have overtaxed it! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:38 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Loretta wrote:
Just an FYI if you are trying to nominate on the Kennedy Center site. The links I posted do work but the site is down for some reason. I'll keep checking in on it and post when it opens up again. There has been something going on with it for the past two days. All the recommendations for Arlo must have overtaxed it! :lol:

Yea, getting an error.

"404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I voted last year. I'll keep voting until he gets it because for goodness sakes, he deserves it!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Still not working. I left a message over there, too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:33 pm

BlunderVirgin

Happy to report that the link is up and running again!

Click on the link below, scroll half way down, and see "Recommend an Honor". Cllick on that and a form will drop down.

The process is very brief and only takes a couple seconds except for the spot where you tell them why you are nominating Arlo. You can make that as short or long as you want it.

Join the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement on Facebook and help us sing really loud - 'cause nobody deserves this honor more than our favorite legendary folk musician, Arlo Guthrie.

The Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement is a grassroots campaign by Arlo fans to the Kennedy Center for Arlo is receive this prestigious annual award.

http://www.kennedy-center.org/pages/spe ... s/#history

:wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:54 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I was able to vote for Arlo when the link finally worked a night or two ago. Thank you for posting it!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:36 pm

BlunderVirgin

The link is down again (oh, the joys of the internet) but it has been officially reported and acknowledged. For those who want to an activist, there is a contact link that I have been reporting the situation to and that individual is forwarding the nominations to the correct office ;). Gotta sing loud.

The link is http://www.kennedy-center.org/contact

The response back to me was pretty quick:

<LABaird@Kennedy-Center.org>
To sweetloretta55@verizon.net
Today at 12:58 PM
Hello, I have forwarded your nomination to the correct office and also reported the Honors portal being down again. Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix. Thank you for letting us know.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:25 am

BlunderVirgin

The link for Kennedy Center nominations is back up and running now after some repeated malfunction at some junction.

Keep nominating Arlo - we know he deserves it - and let's see what the Kennedy Center does this year!

Gotta sing loud!

Here's the link for to nominate Arlo for Kennedy Center Honors: http://www.kennedy-center.org/pages/Spe ... mmendation

And here's the one for the Nominate Arlo Guthrie for Kennedy Center Honors Movement FB page: www.facebook.com/nominateArlo

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Okay , 7:19 pm on Friday 5/20/2016 and I just put in my nomination for Arlo no one is more deserving!