Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:55 pm

BlunderVirgin

Dear Arlo,

Well I really screwed up. After missing your show a couple of times for the Admiral Theater in Bremerton, WA., I finally got tickets this year. Then the tsunami hit me. I have to take my daughter Gabz and two of her friends to Sakura Con Japanese anime convention in Seattle and I booked a room in a hotel. I can't leave them alone in the room because they're all minors. So I called the theater to see can I get a refund. I already knew the answer but the young lady that answered the phone said her name was "Hope", so I thought I might have a chance. I did not have a chance. Hope explained that there was something she could do and then promptly said that she was wrong and couldn't help. She said I could "donate" my tickets or use it as a contribution to the Admiral Theater. So I'm out $58 and missing a show that I've waited a long time to see.

I'm sad to miss the show but I'm happy that you're still around performing and your family goes with you sometimes. Touring around can make a body weary and I hope you get to take a break here and there, as you cross our dysfunctional country.

I wish you all the best in 2014. May you be happy, well and free from suffering.

Sincerely Yours,

Jeffrey S. Green
Port Orchard, WA.-Where the salmon swim very fast and are very happy because of all the caffeine and antidepressants being peed into Puget Sound. (True Story)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:33 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Any way to get three more tickets? I'd bet the girls would enjoy the show as much as you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:26 am

BlunderVirgin

That's unfortunate, you could try another one of his shows in WA this month.
Ill be at the Spokane one for sure, and I may try to get to Portland. Hope it works out for you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Next time take girls to the show and then go to the con afterwards. Hope you get to see him soon. It's a fun show. :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I hope you find a taker for your Tickets, it would be a shame to let them go. I have only once had tickets I've not been able to use and felt bad ( well felt really high in truth ) about not being able to let someone else use them.

Me and Alan had gone to see Dwezil Zapper in Manchester, and Alan went marching off down the cannel tow path in a hurry to get there, despite my insistence I'd seen a set of stairs leading up to the venue, and I slipped and badly broke my coxes. As it was for a fathers day/Birthday gift I'd got pre-show meal tickets and me being me insisted I'd be fine after a drink. I was sat(ish) in a very fancy restaurant annoyed with myself with the amount of pain I was in, but still insisting I would be fine but Alan took me to A&E, I had a long flowing dress on and bent over huffing and puffing they were trying to direct me to maternity :lol: I don't know what they give me, but it was gooood :wink: I wanted to see if we could catch the second half but I think Alan was feeling bad that he'd marched off down the tow path and not listened and insisted we went home.

still wish someone could have used the tickets though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am

BlunderVirgin

Sad indeed about the show...I am a musician (accordion) (www.robertludgate.com) and I do a show evry Fri and Sat night in Auburn CA...when I heard he was doing a show in Grass Valley, where I live, I cancelled mine immediately. How many chances am I ever gonna get to see someone who is not just a legend in his own mind, but a livin breathin legend in our time, right?
I also play guitar and am taking mine with me to the show ...talked to the production manager and she said if i would drop it off early, she would ask him to sign it for me...what are the chances, but hell, I'll enjoy the show either way!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

Cool! You're gonna enjoy the show. Welcome to the site. :)