Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:07 pm

BlunderVirgin

This proposed pipeline would bring fracked gas through the Berkshires and across northern Massachusetts. Surveyors are already out there. I have suggested that if approached, landowners should sing a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walk away. Please help us fight this!

More info:

http://www.nofrackedgasinmass.org

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Fracking seems to be the "solution" all over at the moment. I live in the northwest of England, and though Blackpool is prime for Wind power the energy companies are pushing on with Fracking... by the way all the recant 'minor' tremors are purely coincidence...... thank god!!! as long as pumping trillions of liters of water into the ground to make it unstable to release toxic gas is safe that's ok by me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:39 pm

BlunderVirgin

beverleyknowles wrote:
Fracking seems to be the "solution" all over at the moment. I live in the northwest of England, and though Blackpool is prime for Wind power the energy companies are pushing on with Fracking... by the way all the recant 'minor' tremors are purely coincidence...... thank god!!! as long as pumping trillions of liters of water into the ground to make it unstable to release toxic gas is safe that's ok by me.

For some reason I thought fracking was a uniquely American enterprise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Nope, if the energy companies get their way according to the proposals it seams like they will basically Frack the whole of the UK. ?!?

If you see me sinking throw me a line please.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:05 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

kreggie wrote:
This proposed pipeline would bring fracked gas through the Berkshires and across northern Massachusetts. Surveyors are already out there. I have suggested that if approached, landowners should sing a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walk away. Please help us fight this!

I would need to know more ,I'm not saying yah or nah to anything just need more info .

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:25 pm

BlunderVirgin

Giantone wrote:
kreggie wrote:

I would need to know more ,I'm not saying yah or nah to anything just need more info .

Info is on the website (nofrackedgasinmass.org) -- but we really should be investing in truly clean energy, not more fossil fuel infrastructure, and fracked gas in particular has to be sent through at higher pressure than more traditional gas (which seems to be the cause of a recent huge increase in pipeline accidents), AND in allowing it and using the gas we would be aiding and abetting fracking, which is, you know, poisoning wells and causing earthquakes in other parts of the country and world, and all kinds of mean nasty ugly things.

I've been thinking a lot about that Blunderites t-shirt I had in high school -- "We know it's stupid, that's why we're here." Still here, and it's still stupid.