Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: I need help please
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:52 pm

BlunderVirgin

Alice's Restaurant disc says not registered for viewing in your area. Please remove disc.
For Christmas my son Kirk found the movie for me. I have wanted it for years. Everyone I know is younger than I and it really is a must see in this lifetime. What can I do?
I cannot let at least my grandboys and grandgirl grow up without seeing this movie.
Terre Knoll in smalltown Kansas

Post subject: Re: I need help please
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Sorry. I went to amazon to search for some helpful info.

This info is posted below the $8.99 price

Region 2 encoding (This DVD will not play on most DVD players sold in the US or Canada [Region 1]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region DVD player and compatible TV. More about DVD formats.)

This is posted if you follow the link about dvd formats...

About DVD and Video Game Region Specifications

Global region codes identify specific DVDs and Blu-ray discs that are compatible with the players typically sold in that region. The majority of these titles play in only one specific region unless otherwise noted.

The following are the different regions and their corresponding numerical equivalent:

Standard DVDs
• Region 1: U.S., U.S. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda
• Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and the Middle East, including Egypt
• Region 3: Southeast Asia, East Asia, including Hong Kong
• Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean
• Region 5: Former Soviet Union, Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia
• Region 6: China

Blu-ray Discs
• Region A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia
• Region B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand
• Region C/3: India, Nepal, Mainland China, Russia, Central and South Asia

Note: Most of the DVDs and Blu-ray discs sold by Amazon.com are encoded for Region 1 (for standard DVDs) or Region A (for Blu-ray discs) only and may not work on DVD or Blu-ray players in other countries.

That is the extent of what I can share about that. My guess is its about licensing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Can't you just go on line (Youtube) and download it then burn a DVD ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I bet he got a disc that is not for his region. Here is is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jfwlWD ... pzTTUuNfRt

Hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I bet he got a disc that is not for his region. Here is is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0jfwlWD ... pzTTUuNfRt

Hope this helps. :)

Yep, sounds like someone got stung by a flying b of a disc, butt no matter Cheryl, thanks for the link. I purchased me own A disc from Amazon, butt, one never knows whats gonna fly into yer eye from one year to the next. (could even be a pig) Arlo, the latest mutt, might even grab my DVD of AR and think it's a bone of contention but that's what puppy kids do right, so even wee i may have recourse to watch the movie on the link you gave but I probably enjoy Arlo more elsewhere. It was his bark rather than his bite that hit the right spot if you follow my collar rather than lead. Anyway Cheryl thanks for the 'help'. You are a star!

Peace and love thoughts for 2014 and beyond and here's a couple of flying huggggies just for you!
Hug Hug :mrgreen: and :mrgreen: Hug. (Please dump if necessary girl!) :wink:

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Love and peace to you and everyone else on here. I had the movie on vhs but I think it got lost or accidentally put in the auction sale when Mike passed and I moved in with my folks back in 2009. When I saw it on dvd Arlo was having the boycott of it so I could not get it. After he abandoned the boycott, I have not seen it on dvd since. I need to find a dvd of it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I am such a show-off sometimes. Just couldn't resist........

Attachments:
Alice DVD ~ Signed 2013-10-28 002 (120x90).jpg
Alice DVD ~ Signed 2013-10-28 002 (120x90).jpg [ 95.13 KiB | Viewed 7288 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Love and peace to you and everyone else on here. I had the movie on vhs but I think it got lost or accidentally put in the auction sale when Mike passed and I moved in with my folks back in 2009. When I saw it on dvd Arlo was having the boycott of it so I could not get it. After he abandoned the boycott, I have not seen it on dvd since. I need to find a dvd of it.

Thanks Cheryl and I'm sure you didn't intentionally dump or sell Arlo on, perhaps 'lost' but I'm sure you'll find a dvd, maybe Arlo will send you one, maybe he won't but one never knows with Arlo, or maybe one does.
But Cheryl, I'm just wondering about Arlo having a boycott of his famous 'x' movie and more importantly why did he abandon the boycott? Like, was he forced too? :wink:

Hope god turns the heat back on for you folks over there and turns the water tap off here!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

I think what happened was he wanted to sell the dvd's but they would not let him have them at whole sale so he could sell them for what the stores sold them for to make a profit. He would've had to charge more than the stores did in order to make a profit on them. I forget why he abandoned the boycott tho.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:57 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
I think what happened was he wanted to sell the dvd's but they would not let him have them at whole sale so he could sell them for what the stores sold them for to make a profit. He would've had to charge more than the stores did in order to make a profit on them. I forget why he abandoned the boycott tho.

Well, I never….

Thanks Cheryl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

Glad to share. Hope I got it right.