Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

trapezoid sounds good to me.

it's a bit nippy in the florida panhandle too. have to admit, i like it. i find a break from the florida heat and humidity welcome :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Y'all Panhandle folks ought to visit Saltwater Cottage in Navarre. If you do, tell Julie that Terry from Oklahoma says "Hi".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
mary platz hughes wrote:
Does VW make a sleigh?

Rudolph the red nosed microbus, had a very shiny upside down triangle! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 am

ArloNetizen

17F in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We won't see the really cold weather for another month or so. It will be warmer when the Folksinger visits in May. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:04 am

The Folkslinger

15 in Danbury, CT this morning on the way to the city. BTW we are gonna to do the tree lighting ceremony at Lincoln Center (or near there) on Monday evening. So after Carnegie Hall we'll have a day off in NYC to chill (as it were). Then Monday we'll sing a few songs with the family before heading off in all directions for the holidays. It's been a pretty good year considering all we've been through. And I'm looking for forward to a little break. I know I could use one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:30 am

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:
15 in Danbury, CT this morning on the way to the city. BTW we are gonna to do the tree lighting ceremony at Lincoln Center (or near there) on Monday evening. So after Carnegie Hall we'll have a day off in NYC to chill (as it were). Then Monday we'll sing a few songs with the family before heading off in all directions for the holidays. It's been a pretty good year considering all we've been through. And I'm looking for forward to a little break. I know I could use one.

Enjoy!
{ <3 }

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:45 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Sassy, if you'll google map the corner of Pittsfield Avenue and Packard you'll see where I lived from 1954 through 1959. I looked it up a couple of years ago and was totally shocked the house was even still there, much less the tree in the front yard that I used to climb.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Pulp wrote:
Y'all Panhandle folks ought to visit Saltwater Cottage in Navarre. If you do, tell Julie that Terry from Oklahoma says "Hi".

Sounds like a good destination for the spring. I'll be sure to say hello to Julie from you. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

adg wrote:

Have fun in NYC. :) Stay safe and get good rest. Love to you and the family. Hope next yr is a better one for you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

adg wrote:

Enjoy , you and the family have earned it .Arlo I did happen to drive by the Center (Church) Thursday and all I could think to myself was that sure as hell isn't a VW mini bus!(it's gorgeous) ,again thank you for everything you and the family do .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:19 am

ArloNetizen

Pulp wrote:
Sassy, if you'll google map the corner of Pittsfield Avenue and Packard you'll see where I lived from 1954 through 1959. I looked it up a couple of years ago and was totally shocked the house was even still there, much less the tree in the front yard that I used to climb.

Hello Pulp,

I am fairly familiar with that area as I live in Georgetown, off of Packard and King George Blvd.
I have only lived here since 1989 but I now consider myself a townie. I am sure you would not recognize A2, as it has changed so much since I have moved here. The University more then dominates the town and Main Street has turned into a restaurant row.

Nice to chat with an Arlo fan.

Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:37 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Lot's of good memories from living there. Ice skating, sledding etc. My dad taught ROTC at the University. When he retired we moved back to Oklahoma, been here ever since. I'd kinda like to go back, just to see it again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 pm

ArloNetizen

Pulp wrote:
Lot's of good memories from living there. Ice skating, sledding etc. My dad taught ROTC at the University. When he retired we moved back to Oklahoma, been here ever since. I'd kinda like to go back, just to see it again.

Hi Pulp,
I retired from the University Hospital recently. ROTC is still fairly strong on campus. Where in Oklahoma? I have a good friend that lives in Fairfield.

Sassy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:54 am

BlunderVirgin

I see the California dates are in April next year. I have been trying to get to one of your concerts for years and it always seems that something comes up. I have had tickets twice and had to give them away!! Not this time, my wife and I are definitely going to make it to one of the shows. Looks like the closest is in San Rafael. We live in Livermore, CA and you have come to the Burbank Theater twice in the last two or three years (I think). Any plans on returning during the second half of the year (2014)?

Although probably younger than most of your fans (me - 44 and my wife - 33), I have been listening to you since junior high school (yes, all of my friends initially thought it was weird when they were into Metallica and I was blasting the Motorcycle Song from my car, they eventually came around and at least appreciated your music). I have also seen Simon & Garfunkle, Everly Brothers, etc., so my music taste is much older than my years.

I see that you will be performing in Helena, Montana at the Junior High school. I chuckled when I saw that. I used to be a professional wrestler and back in 1997 I wrestled in that same venue. I am sure you will have a bigger and more respectful turnout of fans than we did!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Sassy Ginger Head wrote:
Pulp wrote:

Hi Pulp,
I retired from the University Hospital recently. ROTC is still fairly strong on campus. Where in Oklahoma? I have a good friend that lives in Fairfield.

Sassy

Fairfield is up in the northern half, quite a bit west of Tulsa. I'm WAY down in the SE corner, about 6 miles north of that river that separates good folks from Texans :wink: (Red River), and 30 miles west of Arkansas.