Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Arlo's Restaurant

Post subject: another thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 am

BlunderVirgin

Howdy Arlo, and his friends,
I just wanted to stop by and thank Arlo for creating one of my most memorable moments.

I used to play in a band based out of Roanoke, VA (Radar Rose) who was fortunate enough to be booked as the opening act for an Arlo Guthrie show. It was in Richmond VA. at the old Flood Zone. That show was one of my favorite moments on stage. Arlo even signed our lead singer's guitar.

However, this thank you is not really about that. Well, not only about that:
About a year later, Radar Rose was scheduled to play a festival in Birmingham, AL (City Stages). I was hanging out back behind the Songwriter Stage, with a few old friends of mine from my high school (Leeds - right outside B'ham), who had never seen my band perform. I had helped them get backstage for a short visit before we played.

Right then a bus pulled up backstage - ARLO's bus! There I was, hoping against hope that Arlo would somehow remember me and my band - just a little bit, at least. (hope, hope hope).

Well, the door opens, Arlo steps out, walks straight over to us and says: "Radar Rose - Sonny! Good to see ya'll again"! He then proceeded to talk a bit about how much he enjoyed our show when we opened for him.. Man, was I ever just about the happiest I had ever been in my life. To have Arlo Guthrie remember me and legitimize my work and efforts right in front of old friends who had never heard, or seen my band perform was incredibly satisfying.

Well, I realize I rambled a bit here, but I wanted to give all of ya'll a little taste of how humble, REAL and thoughtful Arlo Guthrie is - at least my experience with him.

Thanks so very much Arlo - for being YOU, and for giving me such a wonderful moment in my life.

Sonny Campbell
Roanoke, VA

Post subject: Re: another thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:29 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

sonnysmile wrote:
Howdy Arlo, and his friends,
I just wanted to stop by and thank Arlo for creating one of my most memorable moments.

I used to play in a band based out of Roanoke, VA (Radar Rose) who was fortunate enough to be booked as the opening act for an Arlo Guthrie show. It was in Richmond VA. at the old Flood Zone. That show was one of my favorite moments on stage. Arlo even signed our lead singer's guitar.

However, this thank you is not really about that. Well, not only about that:
About a year later, Radar Rose was scheduled to play a festival in Birmingham, AL (City Stages). I was hanging out back behind the Songwriter Stage, with a few old friends of mine from my high school (Leeds - right outside B'ham), who had never seen my band perform. I had helped them get backstage for a short visit before we played.

Right then a bus pulled up backstage - ARLO's bus! There I was, hoping against hope that Arlo would somehow remember me and my band - just a little bit, at least. (hope, hope hope).

Well, the door opens, Arlo steps out, walks straight over to us and says: "Radar Rose - Sonny! Good to see ya'll again"! He then proceeded to talk a bit about how much he enjoyed our show when we opened for him.. Man, was I ever just about the happiest I had ever been in my life. To have Arlo Guthrie remember me and legitimize my work and efforts right in front of old friends who had never heard, or seen my band perform was incredibly satisfying.

Well, I realize I rambled a bit here, but I wanted to give all of ya'll a little taste of how humble, REAL and thoughtful Arlo Guthrie is - at least my experience with him.

Thanks so very much Arlo - for being YOU, and for giving me such a wonderful moment in my life.

Sonny Campbell
Roanoke, VA

Thanks for sharing and welcome .