Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Legends of Folk Music

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2000 10:18 am

Hi folks! I host a radio show called "Shout Brother Shout" every Saturday from 8a-11a on 91.7FM WXCI in Danbury, CT. We try to focus on folk/blues from the 20s-50s. But, its really just the music we love- jugbands, hokum, delta, bluegrass--if its good we play it. This Saturday we're keeping with our tradition celebrating an artists birthday with an hour tribute (no, an hour isn't enough). But, from 10a-11a on July 1 we salute Mississippi John Hurt. Also, we're planning a helluva show for Woody's birthday which we'll do on July 15. We may do our whole 3 hours of Woody. If all this sounds appealing, you can listen online at www.wcsu.edu/wxci We're there (almost) every Saturday. Email requests (shoutbrothershout@hotmail.com), give us call (203-837-WXCI)- It's always great to know someone is listening. Thanks! Take care everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2000 12:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

thanks brian... while you're at it, throw in some stuff from that other folksinger guy who has a birthday a few days before his dad's!!!

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Arnie on Jun 30, 2000 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2000 1:43 pm

Well, technically Arlo is a little too young for our show. But, I was listening to Arlo's music a long time before I started to listen to Woody and Pete. So, I have him to thank for opening me up to all the music thats out there. All the Guthrie's have been making great music for a longlong time. I should just make the whole show on the 15th open to all Guthrie's!...thanks for the wakeup call, Arnie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 10:45 am

It's official. Our July 15th show (8a-11a) will be entirely dedicated and consisting of the Guthrie family's music. See the link above to listen online. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2000 5:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wow, can ya re-run that one on another date? Image (Can it be archived online? I don't dare suggest this to Dave or he get t'd off LOL! At me for suggesting more work for him! ) July 15 isn't convienient for me. LOL! We're going that day to see my cousins gospel group sing in Williamsburg, VA. We're making a day of it, going to the pottery & outlet mall & eating out. If it were re-run those who missed it could hear it. Sounds like fun & GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOW! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2000 12:12 pm

I was planning on taping the show on cassettte. A re-broadcast is pretty unlikely, but I'll try to make copies available to those interested.