Forums » ArloNet Main Forums » Legends of Folk Music

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Last night I had a dream that an old friend I've not seen in a couple of years came back to our house and we all had a joyful reunion.

He played a song on guitar that I did not remember. One line of it was still in my head when I awoke. So I went to the computer and searched based on the line I could remember.

I found the song was Peter, Paul and Mary - 500 Miles. I loved listening to it.

Wow, I'm sure I must have heard that song growing up, but when the last time I heard it was too long ago to remember. And I am quite sure I never heard my friend play it.

The sleeping brain is an amazing thing.

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:51 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Wow, I dreamt an old friend visited overnight and after she left I realized I had accidentally left $500,000 in her suitcase. So maybe this is something I could actually unwittingly be remembering?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Doug wrote:

"The sleeping brain is an amazing thing."

Everything about the brain is amazing to me. To our knowledge, it's the most powerful "machine" in the universe......perhaps because it embodies the universe, and/or is the "observer", the factor which holds the unimaginable truth, provided by Quantum physics, that merely by observing an event we dramatically alter it......Also, our brains contain a "spiritual aspect" which is not quantifiable. Maybe try this: get a map and, using your bed as the center, take a compass and draw a circle extending out to a 500 mile radius and see where the line intersects everything 500 miles away.......you might find something interesting, significant or symbolic. Then again, it may be just a cool old folk song that swam through your dream pool......

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My husband, in years past, would be (before going to bed) mulling over a seeminglly impossible to solve software glitch at this one job he had, and would frequently wake up in the morning with a solution...and it would work.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

sue wrote:
My husband, in years past, would be (before going to bed) mulling over a seeminglly impossible to solve software glitch at this one job he had, and would frequently wake up in the morning with a solution...and it would work.

6 of wisest word to speak in the English language:

I need to sleep on it .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I remember that song. I've dreamed of Arlo singing songs I never heard before. I must've written them in my sleep lol. I also have alot of dreams where I go to neat places like restaurants and shopping that are like what they had int he 60's & 70's. Guess I want to go back to those days. I love the dreams where Mike is still alive & we are going shopping & eating out & doing things together. So sad when they end. I hate the dreams where he dies, then comes back to life & dies again. They are such terrible nightmares...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl ; I just want you to know how lucky you are to have experienced a love like you had with Mike. Please write whenever and whatever comes to your mind about Mike and I promise to be listening.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Cheryl, I am happy when I hear of you dreaming of Mike and you together. I hope you have these dreams often.

Who knows what the next phase of us will bring. I hope we are all reunited with our loved ones.

Imagine you and Mike together again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DRR wrote:

The sleeping brain is an amazing thing.

Doug

I like my sleeping brain too. Trouble is you gotta wake it up once in a while. It's a shame George W. didn't seem to know that. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks ya'll. He was the only man I ever loved, the only guy I ever went out with more than once & my only boyfriend. When I first met him I thought I wasn't in love but time changed things & he grew on me. Thanks to Mike & Arlo, it has helped me mature & grow up more...