Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2001 7:12 pm

It's that time of year again to:

Watch corn grow
The CornCam has returned from its winter hibernation. Farmer Jim Greif
plans to plant this field on his farm near Prairieburg, Iowa, Saturday, May
5. It's possible wet weather may delay planting a day or two.
This field sets adjacent to last year's CornCam field. Soybean stubble
from last season's crop covers this field. Last year's CornCam field will
become a soybean field, soon to be visible on SoybeanCam. Soybean
planting is expected in about a week.
http://www.iowafarmer.com/corncam/corn.html

Watch soybeans grow
The SoybeanCam is setting in the same plot as the CornCam during the
2000 growing season. Farmer Jim Greif will plant soybeans into this corn
stubble around the middle of May.
http://www.iowafarmer.com/soycam/index.htm

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by janet on May 04, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2001 11:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Ah ha! ... I knew it!
For every farmer, there's a farmer's daughter !
I could use some tractor driving lessons.
I've ear-mailed the farmer to request he aim the CornCam on this corn fed honey
and also set the image update interval to every 5 seconds !

<center><FONT COLOR="#000080">--- Edited 1 times, lastly by Levi on May 04, 2001 ---</FONT></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 2:03 pm

Yikes! There's a big bug on the camera lens taking up most of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 2:09 pm

Levi -- This might be Jim's reply to your request:
http://www.prairieviewag.com/corncam.ivnu
(click on the smut page icon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 2:13 pm

Bug's gone now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 5:15 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Janet, anytime you see a bug, let Dave know about it right away, he's good at getting rid of bugs. That smut link was one of the first links I went to the first day. You too, huh? Actually, I just got an Ear-mail reply back this morning from the farmer's daughter's pa...... Here's what he had to say:

Dear Levi:

I received your Ear-mail in which you requested that the CornCam be aimed on my daughter, the cute gal you see pictured sitting on the 60JD tractor.
However, please try and understand that your request simply cannot be granted, for the CornCam has its intended purpose, and that I would be more persuaded to aim my double barrel shotgun on you in the event you Ear-mail me requesting any other corny-horny ideas of yours concerning my daughter. If you are interested in dating my daughter, this is fine, however keep in mind I have 10 simple rules for which you or anybody must follow.

1. If you pull up to the farmhouse and honk, you'd better be delivering a package because you're sure not picking something up.

2. You do not touch her in front of me or even when out of my sight. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck.
If you cannot keep your lusting eyes or hands off her, me and my boys will remove them!

3. I am aware that it is considered fashionable for guys like you to wear your Levi's so loosely that they appear to be falling off your hips. Please do not take this as an insult, but you and all your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue. You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your Levi's 10 sizes too big and I will not object. However, in order to ensure that your Levi's do not come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric nail gun and fasten your Levi's in place to your waist.

4. I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Understand this, when it comes to sex........
I AM the barrier and I WILL KILL YOU !

5. It is usually understood that in order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about corn and soybean prices or how to overhaul the engine in a F20 Farmall tractor. Please do not do this. The only information I request is when precisely, do you plan on having my daughter home safely back at the farm here and the only word I need to hear from you is "early" !

6. I have no doubt you are pretty popular with other country girls. This is fine with me as long as it's OK with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with her, you will continue to date no one else until she is finished with you.
If you make her cry, I will make you cry!

7. As you stand on my front porch waiting for her to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh or become impatient. If you want to be on time for wherever it is you're taking her, you should not be dating.
When women put on their makeup, it can be a time consuming process that takes longer than what it takes to milk a whole herd of cows, or plowing the south 40, or shuckin' 27 bushels of corn (by hand). Instead of just standing around while waiting for her, making yourself useful such as changing the oil in my tractor would be a suggestion.

8. The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter.
Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than an old antique iron tractor seat. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or partying. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to entice her to wear short, short, Levi's blue jean cutoffs, tank tops, halter tops, tube tops,
midriff T-shirt or anything other than overalls and a heavy turtleneck sweater.
Concerts that have strong sexual content and/or lyrics are to be avoided.
ACDC, Ted Nugent, Def Leppard, Poison, Quiet Riot, and Warrant are just a few examples. Concerts with chainsaws may be OK.

9. Do not lie to me. I may appear to be a potbellied, balding, over-the-hill, dim-witted, has-been farmer, but when it comes to my little girl, I am the god of your universe. If I ask you where you are going and with whom, you'll have but one chance to tell me the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
If not, I will declare it harvest time for you for I have several shotguns, plenty of shovels and rakes and other implements of destruction and over 720 acres in which I can easily dispose of your body.

10. Be afraid, very afraid. It would take very little for me to mistake the sound of your 55 Chevy pickup, for a John Deere 9750 STS Combine pulling up the driveway. When my pesticide methyl parathion starts acting up, the voices in my head tell me to double check the chambers in my shotgun as I wait impatiently for you to bring my daughter home safely.
(This concludes my list of do's and don'ts with my daughter).

An exception will be made to all these rules if you were to take my daughter to an Arlo Guthrie concert. In which case, you can both stay out late and have a good time. When you both get back, please come on in and give us a setlist and full detailed report while ma serves fresh cornbread muffins and I'll fetch some good ol' homemade corn liquor.
I'll be wanting to know if he sang the Garden Song!
p.s. .... I thought all my life that AG was the abbreviation for Agriculture, now I realize it stands for Arlo Guthrie !

Sincerely,
the farmer's daughter's pa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 5:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

So...Pa...I suppose a "Monica Lewinsky" is out of the question then...right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 6:25 pm

Arlo Fanatic

ROTFL! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 7:23 pm

Very funny letter, Levi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:26 pm

Harvest may begin today or tomorrow.
http://www.iowafarmer.com/corncam/corn.html