Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Hershey's V Cadbury
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Don't rock my boat and i'll float along besides you.

However in light of my thread regarding American sweets at Halloween, the news item about this seemed very unfair. I am not a very big chocolate eater I do like Cadbury's. When I came over to Massachusetts I did try Hershey's, and I am sorry but it did taste like dog chocolate, so in in the fairness of fair choice I and posting this to Maryland tomorrow for Alan's son.

I have a feeling it may not get through customs. But if it makes it, there were three others in the packet if any one is interested :wink:

Attachments:
051.jpg
051.jpg [ 159.06 KiB | Viewed 8587 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Hershey's V Cadbury
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

beverleyknowles wrote:

that makes me think of when i would come in here and be compelled to say, "and don't anybody kick me!" haha….

but anyway, i don't really like to eat a lot of sweets, an occasional bit of chocolate not out of the question, though it has been a while….anyhowz….as milk chocolate goes, when i was growing up i would eat hershey's and i liked it over nestle's,,,,but when i tried cadbury…..cadbury was my favorite hands down. more recently (a few years back) i discovered lake champlain chocolate. really good! been a while since i had it though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
beverleyknowles wrote:

that makes me think of when i would come in here and be compelled to say, "and don't anybody kick me!" haha….

but anyway, i don't really like to eat a lot of sweets, an occasional bit of chocolate not out of the question, though it has been a while….anyhowz….as milk chocolate goes, when i was growing up i would eat hershey's and i liked it over nestle's,,,,but when i tried cadbury…..cadbury was my favorite hands down. more recently (a few years back) i discovered lake champlain chocolate. really good! been a while since i had it though.

Cadbury is owned by Kraft and manufactured and distributed by Hershey.

Just thought I would throw the corporate answer out!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
beverleyknowles wrote:

Cadbury is owned by Kraft and manufactured and distributed by Hershey.

Just thought I would throw the corporate answer out!

i had no idea….interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1huMecdiXQ

nor did i know about the current cadbury/hershey debacle!

all i know is, pears soap ain't like it used to be….at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I agree about the pears soap. I have used it for years and noticed a difference and when I looked there has been a change of hands and a change of recipe.

I knew Kraft had taken Cadbury over, a year or so ago, but it just seemed a little peevish of Hershey to state they were changing the recipe because it would create brand confusion?!? I can understand different countries have different general tastes but come on. If you prefer one food brand over another it is usually, if not price, because of taste differences, that is why different brands have developed and exists! you could use bread in the same argument, all bread has now to be white sliced, to stop brand confusion.

brand confusion.... the wolfs are scared their sheep will wander too close the the other wolf's dinner plate.

any how I found this, so I suppose it works both ways not that I frequent the establishment for many many reasons but..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Fm-LYJ91k

to make clear, the "weird BBQ sauce" would be HP and the "not bacon" is what we would refer to as bacon, I think US bacon would be what we call "Back bacon", but I'm not going to get into a bacon discussion.

But if anyone is up for the free Cadbury bar I will tape a cafe sashay of HP to it so you can try HP with your Bacon sandwich, the two complement each other well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

pears soap: it wasn't broke, they did not need to fix it.

p.s. i noticed the extended pinky nuance during the espresso segment of the vid.

i remember my best friend from school and her family making fun of me (not mean) and my extended pinkies while eating an ice cream sandwich. (i am not exactly sure where that came from, and i had been completely unaware of it) ?
but (brought to my attention) they pretty much looked like goal posts.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:05 am

ArloNetizen

So Beverley I didn't know you went to Massachusetts. I'm sensing a good story here! Did you go to a certain old church that most of us on here would like to visit someday?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Going to the church was the whole point of my trip, I spend a week in Great Barrington, but as I couldn't drive then I walked from my B&B to the Church every day. I loved it and had loads of fun; I couldn't have made it there though without the help of many people for which I am grateful and one day would love to come back, but prices have gone up a whole lot in ten years. Hope you make it over there some time deeyak.

My goal post came from my nana saying it was what polite lady's do when drinking tea, I never got rid of the habit, only tease days if people make fun I tell them it makes the whisky taste better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:45 pm

ArloNetizen

Thanks for the story Beverley! That sounded almost exactly like my plan, hopefully in the next 2 years. It's fun to plan ahead.