Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds as if this will be in the political debate, or rather more useless rhetoric words in the next couple of years. After a year or more of babble about Healthcare, and the ACA bs they came up with, figure it will take the people with a united message on empowering communities to be able to take care of themselves to fix this important issue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/single-payer-faq

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Interesting link Aganes and makes me want to find out more about Belgium's not for profit (I believe.) system which costs Marie and me a 100 euro a year with reasonable co-pays. Free Lawyer for our appeals to stay ain't bad either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Before we get to meeting everyone's needs Leo we need to meet everyone's need for a safer planet to exist on and it would appear that even some wee Atomic Scientists are foretelling that stupid humanity is closer to doomsday again!

This is the message from the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists, which moved its iconic Doomsday Clock up two minutes on Thursday. The clock now stands at three minutes to midnight, the "latest" it's been since 1984, when the Cold War between the U.S. and Soviet Union was a major issue. Nothing changes but the ticking of the clock.

Greed and the lust for power continue to plague humanity - naturally...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Without peace we will never end poverty.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"The choice is ours to ignore or to serve; to fight or befriend; to fear or to love." - ADG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

With a slick corporate owned media, dividing the people, the choice for some is not so easy to make. But I do like the times when pulling into town there were places to lay my head. http://youtu.be/2WmlUXsjSv8
Nobody sings shelter from the storm like Rodney Crowell and Emmylou Harris in this video. http://youtu.be/z8N6lrDiKuI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

leoburg wrote:
With a slick corporate owned media, dividing the people, the choice for some is not so easy to make. But I do like the times when pulling into town there were places to lay my head. http://youtu.be/2WmlUXsjSv8
Nobody sings shelter from the storm like Rodney Crowell and Emmylou Harris in this video. http://youtu.be/z8N6lrDiKuI

Nice one Leo. That version of "The Weight" brill! Love that song man. :)
I also like Bob doing his thing as well as the slides that come with this version of Shelter from the storm.

http://youtu.be/tZQR-o4nO1E?list=RDtZQR-o4nO1E

(sometimes it doesn't take much to touch the spirit but uplifting another's spirit - that's magic to spread Leo)

Thank you
Peace and understanding

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Tribute 2 3 chiefs is playing now so here is the copy and paste about Red Cloud, Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse. Prophets killed by white man', who broke ever treaty ever signed whit the Natives. We now are at the time Crazy horse said, the 7th generation, (is that born again stuff, or reincarnation stuff,) would lead the world into one that can survive.

"Upon suffering beyond suffering, the red man will arise and be blessing to a world full of separation, selfishness and greed. But the 7th generation is here and needs the people to take control of the media, in the name of the 7th generation.
http://youtu.be/m5NwzNQFIYg No cross no crown,

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

On the day that people of peace and goodwill remember the Nazi Holocaust of six million Jewish men women, children and babies along with the Roma, the gay, the disabled and so many more. Not to forget that this mass murder was carried out in an efficient, industrial scale by one of the so called 'civilized' peoples and assisted by others. On this day Leo, your choice of 'Tribute to the 3 Chiefs' is a very fitting reminder to Americans that they too have a past that includes their very own wee homegrown holocaust. The mass slaughter of innocent men, women and children by the 'civilised ' American state on belalf of an elite.

Peace and goodwill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We could ask forever what would happen had white man come in peace. That is an old battle cry of mine, while passing through towns and bars. Figure the Red Man would have given them cities and farm lands. I ask what does the Red Man want now? And we better give it too them. It would only be to live as one, and as one with mother earth. Have sent a letter to the President asking as much. As Marty Stuart sings in Badlands, ''I hear voices in the wind telling me the 2rd coming of the Red Man is closer than it has ever been.'' http://youtu.be/2_mmR9hxRw8

Last edited by leoburg on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
On the day that people of peace and goodwill remember the Nazi Holocaust of six million Jewish men women, children and babies along with the Roma, the gay, the disabled and so many more. Not to forget that this mass murder was carried out in an efficient, industrial scale by one of the so called 'civilized' peoples and assisted by others. On this day Leo, your choice of 'Tribute to the 3 Chiefs' is a very fitting reminder to Americans that they too have a past that includes their very own wee homegrown holocaust. The mass slaughter of innocent men, women and children by the 'civilised ' American state on belalf of an elite.

Peace and goodwill

Tell me, what tribe or race or nation has not practiced some form of genocidal intolerance at some point during the existence of civilized man? Including the indigenous peoples of America. I am unfamiliar with those people!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Raise your glass to the sky and celebrate your freedom why there is time. http://youtu.be/7mX93wRKpfg Just because we have always killed don't mean we always will. If you are banking on tomorrow's sun to raise, in the morning you may be in for a big surprise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

Peace and goodwill

Tell me, what tribe or race or nation has not practiced some form of genocidal intolerance at some point during the existence of civilized man? Including the indigenous peoples of America. I am unfamiliar with those people!

i have supposed that probably the native americans as well, even before the europeans arrived, had their own struggles and conflicts from time to time. not to say that the europeans arriving did not have a profoundly disruptive (not to understate) effect on the lives of the native peoples after they arrived. (and i didn't read your comment as saying that either). basically i think what you are saying is valid, heraclitis.

still, to acknowledge that - (that all peoples have probably had struggles and conflicts) is not the same as saying, that humans are not capable of becoming less and less violent. still, meanwhile there are people being beheaded and burned alive, by those coming across as having a pure thirst for what they are doing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

still, to acknowledge that - (that all peoples have probably had struggles and conflicts) is not the same as saying, that humans are not capable of becoming less and less violent. still, meanwhile there are people being beheaded and burned alive, by those coming across as having a pure thirst for what they are doing.

it is more like all people have had fears, greed and paranoia...

as for the comment

they are capable of less violence

I have not witnessed that in my life?