Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:33 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
"According to the "Support Darren Wilson" page, another rally was set up over the weekend on a bridge that connects Illinois and Missouri. And in a recent post on the page, the group is preparing for another rally this week."

Lets hope peace and justice prevails. Lets hope those in positions of power, influence and leadership will save America from itself before it just implodes bit by bit, road by road, race by race, colour by colour, creed by creed and all the other crap that divides neighbour from neighbour. The barbed wire of me, me, me!

Mr President, America needs peace, justice and equality boots on the ground. America needs revival!

Peace and justice to all of goodwill

:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
Offline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:53 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Feb 19, 2008
Posts: 560
"Boots on the ground" is a horrible and dehumanizing term for PEOPLE put in harms way! (We can ad terms to the dictionary why can't we take them out too?)

If implosion is what is needed to move 'murica out of our bi-polar society, I'm for it. We will be stronger when we are all on the same page.

We are a country of haves filled with hate and fear vs have nots. It's far from over. Poverty causes way more problems than being wealthy.

"Nobody can f*%#ing fix anything" (Elvis Costello)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:07 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
The tongue is mightier than the pen sometimes and "Boots on the ground" sounds softer than the blood, sweat and courage of our children on the ground of bloody war. Saying, "Bare feet on the ground" out loud becomes a fact of life in this world of hatred and destruction. Yet, if we all decided to be on the same page I wonder which Book we would all belong too? America cannot save itself, how can it save the world?
(And then there's volcanoes, earthquakes and Ebola rumbling, shaking and a spreading like wild fires but what's all the fuss about when we danced on the Moon????!!)

We all need to sing and dance together even if it's only in our mind's eye. Even if it's only in Black and white for a start - it's still a start.

And stuff the begrudgers! Let them figure it out themselves.

Hugs and love with peace and goodwill - Lets sing and dance!!!
:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:56 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
The story goes on and the riots as forecasted. Bring in the Feds. Bring in Truth & Justice. Move on in togetherness and equality. Mabye 'Rome' should be remembered before its too late to change the future for the US?

'All we are saying is give peace a chance....'


"Sorry, the world is nuts. It can't be helped." - ADG

Yes it can! :wink:

:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:03 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
The reaction to this tragic event is absolutely ridiculous.

People burning buildings and cars and shit...idiots?

They have just set racial tolerance back 40 years. White racists can point at them and say "look proof, black people are crazy and dangerous"! You can't argue with them (those racists)?

stupid, incredibly stupid


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:47 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
heraclitis wrote:
The reaction to this tragic event is absolutely ridiculous.

People burning buildings and cars and shit...idiots?

They have just set racial tolerance back 40 years. White racists can point at them and say "look proof, black people are crazy and dangerous"! You can't argue with them (those racists)?

stupid, incredibly stupid


I agree. Those folks did the racists a favour but hopefully something much better will arise from the ashes of (any excuse) wanton destruction - Peace with justice bringing all folks of goodwill together in spirit and deed.

Peaceful Thanksgiving to all of goodwill no matter colour, class, creed, gender, etc etc.

:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
i am curious to know if the looters in ferguson were actually from ferguson, or if they were burning down someone else's town?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
Looters are looters. Loosers are Loosers. The law is the Law.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:13 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
did i say looters weren't looters? no.

did i in any way praise them? no.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:52 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
agnes wrote:
did i say looters weren't looters? no.

did i in any way praise them? no.


Thanks for clarifying that Agnes but you seem to have gotten the wrong end of your own stick, perhaps? Who knows where they came but I'm sure the law will catch up on some of them, somewhere, someplace. Black or white the law is the law for the lawless in every walk of life - or is it?

Have a peaceful and joyfull Thanksgiving ye all (and have a care for the nation of turkeys being gobbled up!)

:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
woodstock69 wrote:
agnes wrote:
did i say looters weren't looters? no.

did i in any way praise them? no.


Thanks for clarifying that Agnes but you seem to have gotten the wrong end of your own stick, perhaps? Who knows where they came but I'm sure the law will catch up on some of them, somewhere, someplace. Black or white the law is the law for the lawless in every walk of life - or is it?

Have a peaceful and joyfull Thanksgiving ye all (and have a care for the nation of turkeys being gobbled up!)

:mrgreen:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiz80CuDN8Y


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:33 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
Let sleeping pussys rest - i suppose?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:14 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
maybe that made you feel better, but your little outbursts to me still don't make any sense in relation to what i said.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:30 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
agnes wrote:
maybe that made you feel better, but your little outbursts to me still don't make any sense in relation to what i said.


Wrong end of the stick again. I liked the wee pussy cat clip. I understood re 'looters' and 'little outbursts' me oh my....I'm still trying to figue out the relevance of the clip to this black and white topic. Seems just like the interpretation of Law in the US is made up of fifty shades of grey we get lost in just as many shades of translational sense in relation to the communication of simple comments? Maybe what we got here is the fifty-first shade of grey matter?

Give yourself a big hug Agnes and hope you enjoy the holiday there :)

:mrgreen:


          Top  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:15 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
woodstock69 wrote:
agnes wrote:
maybe that made you feel better, but your little outbursts to me still don't make any sense in relation to what i said.


Wrong end of the stick again. I liked the wee pussy cat clip. I understood re 'looters' and 'little outbursts' me oh my....I'm still trying to figue out the relevance of the clip to this black and white topic. Seems just like the interpretation of Law in the US is made up of fifty shades of grey we get lost in just as many shades of translational sense in relation to the communication of simple comments? Maybe what we got here is the fifty-first shade of grey matter?

Give yourself a big hug Agnes and hope you enjoy the holiday there :)

:mrgreen:



(brief intermission from the actual topic of "Michael and Darren")

woodstock, looks like another rabbit hole to me! no thanks

next!

(okay back to topic of "Michael and Darren")


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group