Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
leoburg wrote:
There are plenty of prophets around who the powers that be have not yet listened too. That is going to take the people united on a common message. I believe that will be peaceful solutions. Screw more wars that only profit the elite more.


agnes wrote:
leo, i prefer to abstain from the voodoo…it just messes with my head



leoburg wrote:
Not much voodoo about it, the powers that be just need to listen to those who speak for peaceful solutions. All who do that are true prophets to me. Spaceship earth is run by insane people and its time to mutiny.


i want peaceful and sane solutions too.

one person's prophet, is another person's false prophet.

one person's god, is another person's false god

to back up a bit…

agnes wrote:
"convert to islam or die"

"convert to christianity, or burn in hell (or some such)"

it's always something


agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
Jeremiah 23's huge rebuke of religious leaders sums it all up for me. Since we can find in 23:20, "In the latter days it will become clear", it does apply to today. And what is written in 23:33-40 is a key truth for right now: It warns against holding to the oracle of the lord, (I prefer the New American Standard version of others that say burden of the lord but all versions work.) for each man's own words will become the oracle. And if they claim the oracle of the lord there will be an everlasting reproach which will never be forgotten. Each man's own words being the oracle is Liberty. We can all see who those religious leaders are today.


yeah, that whole conduit/mediator thing (period) tends to be a bit off-putting and murky


agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
We have been sold so much trash from the established church, that people rightfully are turned off to there being any truth at all in the Bible.

"Back before the world began, back before that too, you took me in your confidence told me I was you. Now that I think about it while I walk along the shore I can not help but laugh. If I thought that I knew, that to get across to you was this high and winding stairs, I'd be there."-adg from stairs, and he was there at important times. What if adg ends up being the Ancient Old Hippie of Days with the hair white as wool in Daniel 7? If I am number 9 Michael as I claim, Arlo is... if that all is not true, the world is doomed.


okay…here are some more bible verses for you….

judges 19

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=TLB

continued

judges 20

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=TLB

notice judges 20:4-10 (not to leave out the rest of it, mind you)

he seemed to neglect to mention that he had pushed his wife/concubine out the door for the rapist murderers

minor detail?

then of course, the righteous indignation ensues


it is hard not to connect any dots


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:08 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
And in Jeremiah 23 you will find that from the prophets of Jerusalem pollution has spread throughout the land. An now those prophets are the established church from whom pollution has spread throughout the world.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:19 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
leoburg wrote:
And in Jeremiah 23 you will find that from the prophets of Jerusalem pollution has spread throughout the land. An now those prophets are the established church from whom pollution has spread throughout the world.


like i said, one person's prophets are another person's false prophets

one person's god another person's false god

i prefer to leave the voodoo alone


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:49 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
And in Jeremiah 23 you will find that from the prophets of Jerusalem pollution has spread throughout the land. An now those prophets are the established church from whom pollution has spread throughout the world.


like i said, one person's prophets are another person's false prophets

one person's god another person's false god

i prefer to leave the voodoo alone


Just picked up a wee book in our local Oxfam shop that I just knew was waiting for me! Judging by the inspiritational title It promises to be all about "God/Voodoo". Probably be one of those books that lots of folks would be terrified to pick up, let alone read, maybe even burn! But my excuse is that I AM supporting my local Oxfam shop. Oh the book? "The GOD Delusion" by some prophet called Richard Dawkins. Just wondering if any of you folks have any light to shed concerning same? I've read the opening chapter and its well…dare I say it probably more interesting than some other wee Books out there on the Mothership.

Even on this site debate is debatable, religion religion and 'GOD' as usual silent, if not all together absent without leave. (GOD if you're reading this - We humans, your creation, the apple of your eye, need urgent attention. I would suggest you start over but this time leave the two trees and the serpent out of the garden. That way we may stand a chance of not destroying 'Eden' and we all get the opportunity to walk around naked without anyone noticing! You may even decide to walk around naked a bit more with all of us in order to cut out the middle men who continue to make a balls of whatever you tell them except for you know who…? Amen oh great invisible Ones)

Ps. You may wish to start with the Middle East first! (It's been a mess since you where last there…..)

Peace and huggies to all of goodwill and watch out for the signs…. :wink:

:mrgreen:

"Empty yourself of yourself, and let what is, flow through you without concern. Drink from the river of emptiness tonight." - D'Iryama (as written by ADG)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:38 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
As the song goes, "We got to get back to the garden." To me, the biggest stumbling blocks in the way of that, are what I call THE-MEDIA-RIGHT-STORM, for all of the stone throwing I see descending from the TV, from the far right preachers, into society. Guess you had to be effected by it to see it as clearly as I do.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
i know the name richard dawkins and have heard of the book, "the god delusion" but have not read it, and so really can't say much about it. (not "afraid" to read it, just haven't read it)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 13, 2000
Posts: 8523
Location: Pixley-- Actually An Hr South of Richmond, VA
I'll have to read Jeremiah 23 before going to bed tonight. :)


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:56 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
The new covenant mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is also very important. Paul quoted it in Hebrews (my favorite book by Paul), but it says they will no longer teach know the lord, (which has been going on since Paul's time.) for all will know him after his laws are written on their hearts.-not paraphrased but from what I can recall tonight. And he will no long remember their sins.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:31 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
leoburg wrote:
The new covenant mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is also very important. Paul quoted it in Hebrews (my favorite book by Paul), but it says they will no longer teach know the lord, (which has been going on since Paul's time.) for all will know him after his laws are written on their hearts.-not paraphrased but from what I can recall tonight. And he will no long remember their sins.


"the new covenant"

this sounds like typical human like backpedaling, not like something from an omnipotent all knowing being

but hey, if we humans can learn from our past mistakes…?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:40 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 17, 2012
Posts: 451
Images: 0
Location: Paupered Ireland
Still reading the "GOD" Delusion and so far a good read for believers and others. Mentions America quite a lot and plenty to ponder.

Peace and love fellow Time & Space travellers nomattter your swing, your ding and the song you sing

Iraq is back!!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:08 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Oh Jeremiah 31:31-34 clearly says Israel broke the first covenant. You must have what I am talking about confused with what the religious leaders today are talking about. Jeremiah 23 would explain that mistake. I've said in this thread that I believe life always existed, and something went wrong before the big bang threw us down here to this melting pot to work it all back to the garden.

Arlo's song Stairs means much to me. Particularly,"Back before the world began, back before that too. You took me in your confidence, told me I was you. Now that I think about it as I walk along the shore, I can't help but laugh." The rest of the song means much to me also.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:34 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
leoburg wrote:
Oh Jeremiah 31:31-34 clearly says Israel broke the first covenant. You must have what I am talking about confused with what the religious leaders today are talking about. Jeremiah 23 would explain that mistake. I've said in this thread that I believe life always existed, and something went wrong before the big bang threw us down here to this melting pot to work it all back to the garden.

Arlo's song Stairs means much to me. Particularly,"Back before the world began, back before that too. You took me in your confidence, told me I was you. Now that I think about it as I walk along the shore, I can't help but laugh." The rest of the song means much to me also.


again

agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
The new covenant mentioned in Jeremiah 31:31-34 is also very important. Paul quoted it in Hebrews (my favorite book by Paul), but it says they will no longer teach know the lord, (which has been going on since Paul's time.) for all will know him after his laws are written on their hearts.-not paraphrased but from what I can recall tonight. And he will no long remember their sins.


"the new covenant"

this sounds like typical human like backpedaling, not like something from an omnipotent all knowing being

but hey, if we humans can learn from our past mistakes…?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:45 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
You did not listen to a word I wrote. Israel broke the covenant. Probably more that just once.

I am not talking about some all powerful GOD. I like to spell it with a small g, but often spell it dog, for he would rather be my dog than the religious leaders GOD.

The CHURCH and STATE have been turning into the AUTHORITARIAN IMAGE talked about in Revelations 13, which is complete bs.

Who told you all of the crap you are replying back to me with? You did not hear any of that CRAP from me.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:00 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7220
leoburg wrote:
You did not listen to a word I wrote. Israel broke the covenant. Probably more that just once.

I am not talking about some all powerful GOD. I like to spell it with a small g, but often spell it dog, for he would rather be my dog than the religious leaders GOD.

The CHURCH and STATE have been turning into the AUTHORITARIAN IMAGE talked about in Revelations 13, which is complete bs.

Who told you all of the crap you are replying back to me with? You did not hear any of that CRAP from me.


leo, i do not think you are a prophet.

i am just talking about what i have read in the bible.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:06 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Oh I don't care about that. Only reason that that came up is because of what you read in the Bible.

What if Rock and Roll are the 7 Pearls (as I call the peals.) of Thunder kept secret in Revelation 10? The last advice given to John, on the last page of my Bible, are basically let it be and live and let die, when it said let the wicked be wicked and let the holy be holy....etc And those words in Revelations 22:10-11 were told not to be kept secret.

What if John Lennon was one of the olive branches of Revelation 11? I believe these days, and times, were shortened by his death in the big apple. It does interest me that the 7th trumpet is in both Revelation 10 and 11, so they must tie together.

There are lot's of prophets rocked down here from heaven. Many have gone back empty handed., though their songs from above still remain.

Joe Diffie's, Welcome to earth 3rd rock from the sun. http://youtu.be/vlAa0IGCXCw

And what I always sang Rocking Down angels from the Promised Land, which woke me up after sing ing that way about 2000 times. Little Texas God Blessed Texas. http://youtu.be/mbH60wCO-Yw

And wow I said, when Arlo wrote the doors of heaven.

Surely can not leave out the most anti-political song of our time, Steve Miller's Space Cowboy where he sings about finding a new way, and you power tripping dreamers better find some new words to say. http://youtu.be/cu-7yVrTA3s

Bet you weren't ready for that. I am sure most people will figure out where it's at. But I am keep on track of all of the bad cats hurting all of our friends. And my eyes are on the prize. Them power tripping people got some heavy dues to pay!!!!!!!!!!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group