Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Can you at least try an explain what you mean to say about the man in Judges who cut his wife into 2 parts?

Yes, jeremiah 23:36

"For you will no longer remember the oracle of the LORD, because every man's own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God."

i didn't say it…i just read straight out the bible "the word of god"

For each man's own words will become the oracle as now we should not claim the oracle of the lord. If you think I am claiming that, you have not thought about anything I've said in this thread.

All that I claim to be, is and all around American 57 year old kid far far from the big apple where Lennon got killed.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:02 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
leoburg wrote:
Can you at least try an explain what you mean to say about the man in Judges who cut his wife into 2 parts?

Yes, jeremiah 23:36

"For you will no longer remember the oracle of the LORD, because every man's own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God."

i didn't say it…i just read straight out the bible "the word of god"

For each man's own words will become the oracle as now we should not claim the oracle of the lord. If you think I am claiming that, you have not thought about anything I've said in this thread.

All that I claim to be, is and all around American 57 year old kid far far from the big apple where Lennon got killed.


(a "slight" screwing up of the quotes there, leo) just sayin')

agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
I have no clue what you are trying to say about the man who cut his wife in 12 parts... but it does have nothing what so ever to do with Jeremiah's huge rebuke at religious leaders in Jeremiah 23.

Answer this question, what would be wrong with each man's own words being the oracle of the lord, as Jeremiah 23:33-40 talks of with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? (I don't believe you have thought about one thing I have said, due to your judgments of the Bible.)


i didn't say it! it is right there in the bible.


leoburg wrote:
What are you implying that it means?

I had come to a few conclusions (Which rocking down angels had much to do with snapping me out of the cloud I was in druing the 80's) 20 years ago, and drifting through the Bible, found things not out of context which backed them up. That is why I continue to hammer away Jeremiah 23 on this thread.

What would it do to life today, when Jeremiah 23:33-40, is understood that each man's own words will become the oracle, with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? That would mean liberty to me, but got no clue what it would mean to you?


agnes wrote:
(emphasis in bold is mine)

jeremiah 23:36

"For you will no longer remember the oracle of the LORD, because every man's own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God."

i didn't say it…i just read straight out the bible "the word of god"


agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
As Jeremiah 23 says (yes repeating its huge rebuke to religious leaders.) "From the prophets of Jerusalem (Now also the church) pollution has spread through out the world. They are leading the people into futility and profit them nothing."- slight paraphrase They have created their own IMAGE of GOD (Prefer to spell it dog.) which is talked about in Revelations 13.


agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
We have been sold so much trash from the established church, that people rightfully are turned off to there being any truth at all in the Bible.

"Back before the world began, back before that too, you took me in your confidence told me I was you. Now that I think about it while I walk along the shore I can not help but laugh. If I thought that I knew, that to get across to you was this high and winding stairs, I'd be there."-adg from stairs, and he was there at important times. What if adg ends up being the Ancient Old Hippie of Days with the hair white as wool in Daniel 7? If I am number 9 Michael as I claim, Arlo is... if that all is not true, the world is doomed.


okay…here are some more bible verses for you….

judges 19

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=TLB

continued

judges 20

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=TLB

notice judges 20:4-10 (not to leave out the rest of it, mind you)

he seemed to neglect to mention that he had pushed his wife/concubine out the door for the rapist murderers

minor detail?

then of course, the righteous indignation ensues



i didn't say it…straight out of the bible "the word of god"


Last edited by agnes on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
No you did not explain any of what these verses mean to you.

Each man's own words becoming the oracle means liberty too me. And those words clearly apply to right now.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:17 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
leoburg wrote:
No you did not explain any of what these verses mean to you.

Each man's own words becoming the oracle means liberty too me. And those words clearly apply to right now.


seriously leo. read judges 19 and 20

what does it mean to you?

looks pretty straight forward to me


for emphasis:

agnes wrote:

jeremiah 23:36

"For you will no longer remember the oracle of the LORD, because every man's own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God."

i didn't say it…i just read straight out the bible "the word of god"


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:06 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
anyhow, before things get lost again as usual, i think this is where we left off

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

"I am Charlie." We are 'Charlie'. :!: :!: :!: :!:

May Peace and Goodwill accompany you on your pathways

:mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/VKiwqHYtrbQ


while my approach may tend to be a little different ?

when i consider how my pointing out any correlation between holy books and bigotry and violence of all sorts and how it has been so marginalized (as it has been by most who post here it seems, for instance), i can see how a person might want to go a bit "over the top" (referring to the satirical publication) to get people's attentions ? and to get them to think ? in the hopes of moving in a more positive direction?

or as heraclitis put it :

heraclitis wrote:
The world is not a cartoon with wee little leprechuans and unicorns. It is a dying opportunity for the human race and continued religious stupidity will bring on the apocalypse religious people want so badly!


agnes wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

"I am Charlie." We are 'Charlie'. :!: :!: :!: :!:

May Peace and Goodwill accompany you on your pathways

:mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/VKiwqHYtrbQ


Again I am confused about what you are implying here as:

I agree with Cartoonists and what they were saying with their sarcasm.
I agree with Phillip up to the point where he is sorry for the "good moslems".

Obviously (as I have made very clear), I don't believe in "good moslems, good christians or good jews"
I hold believers accountable for their gods. That is the point!

I am not going to throw stones or kill anybody or anything.
But like "Charlie" I express my opinion!

In the other link where the reporter said goes beyond separation of church and state in America..
I disagree with that as there is no separation of church and state in America. The supreme court has endorsed the fallacy of separation of church and state in America repeatedly and nobody seems to give a shit!
.


(emphasis in bold is mine)

as far as religious involvement in public policy
as i have posted elsewhere about how religious ideologies wrapped up in "morality" seem to be finding their way into public policy, wanting desperately it seems to go in a backward direction straight toward what some other folks (in this case, in another part of the world) are wanting desperately to advance away from, that being, away from a truly desperate situation.

i know i care. but i am pretty sure you already knew that.


heraclitis wrote:
leoburg wrote:
I don't mind being attacked for the following dream of mine since before the 2008 economic meltdown. It's understandable why the Bible can turn people off.

My dream is to fulfill Isaiah 23:17-18 and 24:21-24 where the kings of the earth are thrown in jail and the profits of this Beautiful Planet are used for food and fine clothing for those who need it. Then we can have that big party of Isaiah 25, where we Celebrate Thanks Giving Diners of being passed over the insanity of our times.. That will be when the veil will be lifted from all nations eyes, and they understand what they have never heard before.-That last part about understanding has to be what is meant, at the end of Isaiah 52.

Sadly as Jeremiah 23 talks of, "From the prophets of Jerusalem (and now the church I may add.) pollution has spread throughout the world. And since we can find in Jer. 23:20 in the latter days it will be understood, that chapter applies as much now as back then. That chapter is a huge rebuke at religious leaders who are leading people into futility and profit them nothing.


Not attacking you, just letting you know how my dream goes. In my dream:

Vengeance as an act of god is the root of all evil!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:20 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
So sorry that my important message has fell on such deaf ears and closed minds. Sure do wish Arlo would help me out, but he left me stranded long ago here. But he has yet to deny my claim of him being the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7. Guess this is his last shot at denying that. Guess if he denies it, I may someday find some sleep.

No doubt all carry heavy loads, but carrying a number 9 budern for 20 years is more bullshit than need be said.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:47 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
leoburg wrote:
So sorry that my important message has fell on such deaf ears and closed minds. Sure do wish Arlo would help me out, but he left me stranded long ago here. But he has yet to deny my claim of him being the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7. Guess this is his last shot at denying that. Guess if he denies it, I may someday find some sleep.

No doubt all carry heavy loads, but carrying a number 9 budern for 20 years is more bullshit than need be said.


daniel 7:9

"As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze."


arlo, you might want to check the oil level in the bus, it might be getting dangerously low.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
So sorry that my important message has fell on such deaf ears and closed minds. Sure do wish Arlo would help me out, but he left me stranded long ago here. But he has yet to deny my claim of him being the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7. Guess this is his last shot at denying that. Guess if he denies it, I may someday find some sleep.

No doubt all carry heavy loads, but carrying a number 9 budern for 20 years is more bullshit than need be said.


daniel 7:9

"As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze."


arlo, you might want to check the oil level in the bus, it might be getting dangerously low.


Well, I am not speaking for Arlo..

But in my dream... He is a talented, warm and humorous folk singer. Seems to be a decent guy that has his own world to deal with the best he can.

He is not Daniel's figment of god's imagination!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:20 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
heraclitis wrote:
agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
So sorry that my important message has fell on such deaf ears and closed minds. Sure do wish Arlo would help me out, but he left me stranded long ago here. But he has yet to deny my claim of him being the Ancient of Days in Daniel 7. Guess this is his last shot at denying that. Guess if he denies it, I may someday find some sleep.

No doubt all carry heavy loads, but carrying a number 9 budern for 20 years is more bullshit than need be said.


daniel 7:9

"As I looked, "thrones were set in place, and the Ancient of Days took his seat. His clothing was as white as snow; the hair of his head was white like wool. His throne was flaming with fire, and its wheels were all ablaze."


arlo, you might want to check the oil level in the bus, it might be getting dangerously low.


Well, I am not speaking for Arlo..

But in my dream... He is a talented, warm and humorous folk singer. Seems to be a decent guy that has his own world to deal with the best he can.

He is not Daniel's figment of god's imagination!


in case of any confusion (my own included)….and i was not speaking for arlo either. i was however hoping he would see the humor in what i said! (if he were to see what i said) as i do not see him as "daniel's figment of god's imagination" either! that being the point!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:07 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
When I saw him play in Santa Rosa California in 87 I said this, "What is different about him, he is walking around that stage smoother than silk?" At the end of the show he said this, "There is someone here who is really going to need these 2 tapes of mine sometime, The power of love and someday." I said to myself that is me. In 94 after rocking down angels awoke me to the reality of these times all happening in the flesh, I saw Arlo in Boston that fall... and at the end of the show, with me standing in the first row of the balcony, as he was walking off stage he turned his head around and made eye contact with me and smiled, for about 3 seconds and we both shook our heads. What else could the prophet Michael of Daniel 12:1 conclude?


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:08 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
And don't get me wrong, what "you think" Daniel saw is not what I am claiming.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:09 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Ask him. I have told him what I am claiming and he has not denied it.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 7264
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weMhSSYoRi4


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:34 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1375
agnes wrote:

in case of any confusion (my own included)….and i was not speaking for arlo either. i was however hoping he would see the humor in what i said! (if he were to see what i said) as i do not see him as "daniel's figment of god's imagination" either! that being the point!


I thought it was funny!


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1770
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Back in 2011, before flying to Antwerpen, my oldest sister (Who most connected with of the other 9 due to social concerns.) didn't want me to go, even after 17 years of being alone with a night mare to tell. Marie and me married back home in what I call Lemon-minister, (Leominster it is spelt, and Johnny Apple Seed was born there.)

I told older sister Annemarie to ask Arlo if he really thinks there is a prophet groaning alone at the end of his Prologue song? http://youtu.be/Qf8rqekRwwM On Face Book he answered back the next day. He said today they are all groaning alone. With me having great hope in Daniel 12:3 where those with insight shall shine brightly and help smooth things out, was always sure that I was not alone.

"Back before the world began, back before that too. You took me in your confidence, told me I was you. Just seems kind of funny now as a walk along the shore, I can't help but laugh at you being driven out of your 80 grand Abbbey Road condo to a life on the road Woody couldn't survive with a 500 buck custom made pool cue laid down in front of 40's club down the street, with cue never to be seen again.

But 2012 summer trip with my 10% in cash of family home in LittleTON will produce good fruits in soon enough time. Bought fb stock at $20.99 and switched to silver at $ 80 bucks. And 70 grand of words on a blog are out there to who ever first is interested.


          Top  
Reply with quote  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group