Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Religion continues to overtake along the usual paths towards the usual cul-de-sac, the inevitable dead end!

How about a new thread to make the flowers grow? A wee escape of 'all' the religious mud, slap and tickle. Lets instead relax on some higher ground and see if more folks will chew the curd, or weed or whatever makes you :)

See ya there if you dare :wink:

Peace and goodwill among the flowers (wonder where they all went!)

:mrgreen:

it is the appeal for the status quo that kills any realization of a new world

just not as radical as we dream we are

oh well, the revolution will not be televised!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:50 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Religion continues to overtake along the usual paths towards the usual cul-de-sac, the inevitable dead end!

How about a new thread to make the flowers grow? A wee escape of 'all' the religious mud, slap and tickle. Lets instead relax on some higher ground and see if more folks will chew the curd, or weed or whatever makes you :)

See ya there if you dare :wink:

Peace and goodwill among the flowers (wonder where they all went!)

it is the appeal for the status quo that kills any realization of a new world

just not as radical as we dream we are

oh well, the revolution will not be televised!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Ah but there's nothing like an armchair radical to blow through the cobwebs of our wee status quo

Israel/Palestine on the simmer, waiting, watching, refusing to smell the olives but ready to point a trigger finger outwards

We mightn't like it but the revolution is evolving all around us and it is being televised! (nice song though :wink: )

And then there's the news that by 2016, the richest 1% of humanity will own more than the rest of us 99% ("This world is your world. Take it easy, but take It." - Woody Guthrie)

- How's that for progress (but they can't take it with them.....until they make Utopia on another 'green' planet some day soon......
(What will we all do then - maybe we'll get to watch it unfold on super duper iPads etc?)

"This world is your world. Take it easy, but take It." - Woody Guthrie

Last edited by woodstock69 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Ah but there's nothing like an armchair radical to blow through the cobwebs of our wee status quo

Israel/Palestine on the simmer, waiting, watching, refusing to smell the olives but ready to point a trigger finger outwards

We mightn't like it but the revolution is evolving all around us and it is being televised! (nice song though :wink: )

And then there's the news that by 2016, 1% of humanity will own 99% of the wealth - How's that for progress (but they can't take it with them.....until they make Utopia on another 'green' planet some day soon......
(What will we all do then - maybe we'll get to watch it unfold on super duper iPads etc?)

What? refusing to smell the olives but ready to point a trigger finger ???????????????????

Is it me? I dont know?
I dont know wtf u r talking about?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Does it matter?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Just spotted that you are online as i write.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

And then there's the news that by 2016, 1% of humanity will own 99% of the wealth - How's that for progress (but they can't take it with them.....until they make Utopia on another 'green' planet some day soon......

What? refusing to smell the olives but ready to point a trigger finger ???????????????????

Is it me? I dont know?

you are not the only one. it is not just you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

3s a crowd so they say and this thread is supposedly about I/P. We could be the generation that witnesses an eventual deal rather than the usual BS retoric off almost but quite goodwill, justice and peace between the ancient Tribes in the ME. Otherwise it's back to what the more military minded have planned for the near future. Israelis and the Palestinians again gearing up for war again as well as others in that cauldron of a bloody hotspot.
Nothing really changes unless the people demand it so and that doesn't appear to be on anyone's poker cards.

The US can help yet again by just encouraging the Saudis et al towards Peace and goodwill. Nothing is impossible and there is much more to gain between these tribes. ISIS will attack Israel and then we shall witness war and proxy war on our slanting News outlets. We on the other hand can continue to dream on.

"There is nothing right now at this moment that justifies anything but wonder." - ADG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Palestine is going to the ICC and Israel wants to dissolve the ICC. What should they be afraid of? The chance of the US taking the advice of a former CIA agent and dumping Israel is not likely.

I'm done with my rants here, which only come out from frustration and a unique pressure, and a few beers (which doesn't effect my thinking on some things, though have done what feel like stupid things from.) but it's out there.

How about we start a thread about income inequality and how to get a living wage for all of mankind. Seems as if the only way to peace. Would have to be better with peace than what we have now. Am too lazy to go find Willie Nelson's Peaceful Solutions video.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

Is it me? I dont know?

woodstock69 wrote:
Does it matter?

no heraclitis, it is not just you. you are not the only one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Does it matter?

then why write it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:05 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
3s a crowd so they say and this thread is supposedly about I/P.

The implication here is that god is not an issue in I/P. REALLY? I guess you are right, god is just an excuse!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Nothing is impossible and there is much more to gain between these tribes.

As long as the classification of people into tribes with jealous gods exists...there is no hope for peace.

That's the problem! The good tribal leaders are never going to corral the bad tribal renegades! I saw it in a John Wayne movie...it never works out!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
Nothing is impossible and there is much more to gain between these tribes.

As long as the classification of people into tribes with jealous gods exists...there is no hope for peace.

That's the problem! The good tribal leaders are never going to corral the bad tribal renegades! I saw it in a John Wayne movie...it never works out!

Ok, 'There is no hope for peace' Tribes with jealous gods and not so jealous gods will continue to exist long after the sum of all our departures. We all 'rant' at some stage Leo but that's not the issue. Four of us throw words back and forth. The four of us are being viewed by some other 'quiet' non-ranting folks. Our wee micro debates prove one simple message If we cannot discover some basic base from which to build from then even i, you and we, prove that 'there is no hope for peace'. The writing on the Wall of this Dump might have proven something other than where our rants and raves have led and continue to lead us. It does't matter in the great scheme of things. i hoped for something more, other than finger writing, something more to unite us in Peace and Goodwill but i'm just a dreamer and probably not the only one. Tribal leaders lead. They can be made to change direction if the people rise up with another hope and a better dream.

There will always be renegades, there will always be the silent majority and there will always be folks of vision and people who dream of a better way for humanity. Our rants to convert etc expose our weakness to change and unite as one species. Time isn't on humanity's side either.

"All I know is that without you, I am without me." - ADG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I see Mother Earth, as a melting pot we are flying through space on, on our way home on. Well, a boiling melting pot in which the rust (A lot of that rust is different peoples'cultures image of what is above.) will be scrapped out of, with the cream of peaceful solutions raising to the top. End war and we have a chance of ending poverty, the freedom to come after that will work out the details of the rest of this complicated life. All of creation up above, I call the great spirits, are asking mankind to dance our way down to the Swing Town.

We could move this thread to one about how all can have enough.