Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: Israel/Palestine
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Leo, it isn't going to happen until it happens. If and when it does happen, who of us will be around to take notice?

There will always be religious and irreligious leaders as long as folks require crutches, crosses or excuses rather than taking ownership of the fullness of their and their neighbour's lives.

The worm of religion has a way of burrowing into all kinds of hearts and minds, good and bad for good or evil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I think exporting Thanks Giving Dinners would be taken notice of if the US started to do that rather than bomb bomb away. I think even the radical of Islam would even take notice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Don't think it matters a hoot to the enemies of the US if Thanks Giving Dinners were to fall out off the sky. (Probably believe they were under attack rather than US manna)
Leo, Folks from the US have been reaching out with peace and goodwill (certainly since the US sorted out its internal native Indian affairs) to the world at large. (Cuba may even be on the White House Christmas card list this year!)

There are times to bomb and times to make peace with your enemy. Radical Islam isn't ready yet and may never want to be ready. So Leo, this song is for you and comes with my peace and goodwill to you. (No other reason)

http://youtu.be/BcbqCssiBUc

May Peace and Goodwill mustard seeds grow where the desert meets the rocks and nettles of hatred, war and despair.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We could be surprised what a full belly could do. Foreign policy has been bomb bomb away during this 21st century on a pace to make the 20th look peaceful. We may need to import them turkey dinners to America. "Terrorist don't want to be terrorist, they are desperate people."-John Perkins author of Confessions of an Economic Hit Man in this in a nutshell short video. http://youtu.be/m-dsiufhMu0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

"I am Charlie." We are 'Charlie'. :!: :!: :!: :!:

May Peace and Goodwill accompany you on your pathways

http://youtu.be/VKiwqHYtrbQ

while my approach may tend to be a little different ?

when i consider how my pointing out any correlation between holy books and bigotry and violence of all sorts and how it has been so marginalized (as it has been by most who post here it seems, for instance), i can see how a person might want to go a bit "over the top" (referring to the satirical publication) to get people's attentions ? and to get them to think ? in the hopes of moving in a more positive direction?

or as heraclitis put it :

heraclitis wrote:
The world is not a cartoon with wee little leprechuans and unicorns. It is a dying opportunity for the human race and continued religious stupidity will bring on the apocalypse religious people want so badly!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
No problem H.

"I am Charlie." We are 'Charlie'. :!: :!: :!: :!:

May Peace and Goodwill accompany you on your pathways

http://youtu.be/VKiwqHYtrbQ

Again I am confused about what you are implying here as:

I agree with Cartoonists and what they were saying with their sarcasm.
I agree with Phillip up to the point where he is sorry for the "good moslems".

Obviously (as I have made very clear), I don't believe in "good moslems, good christians or good jews"
I hold believers accountable for their gods. That is the point!

I am not going to throw stones or kill anybody or anything.
But like "Charlie" I express my opinion!

In the other link where the reporter said goes beyond separation of church and state in America..
I disagree with that as there is no separation of church and state in America. The supreme court has endorsed the fallacy of separation of church and state in America repeatedly and nobody seems to give a shit!

(emphasis in bold is mine)

as far as religious involvement in public policy
as i have posted elsewhere about how religious ideologies wrapped up in "morality" seem to be finding their way into public policy, wanting desperately it seems to go in a backward direction straight toward what some other folks (in this case, in another part of the world) are wanting desperately to advance away from, that being, away from a truly desperate situation.

i know i care. but i am pretty sure you already knew that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:33 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Religion continues to overtake along the usual paths towards the usual cul-de-sac, the inevitable dead end!

How about a new thread to make the flowers grow? A wee escape of 'all' the religious mud, slap and tickle. Lets instead relax on some higher ground and see if more folks will chew the curd, or weed or whatever makes you :)

See ya there if you dare :wink:

Peace and goodwill among the flowers (wonder where they all went!)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Arlo Fanatic

This might be the longest thread in arlonet history

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:32 am

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
I don't mind being attacked for the following dream of mine since before the 2008 economic meltdown. It's understandable why the Bible can turn people off.

My dream is to fulfill Isaiah 23:17-18 and 24:21-24 where the kings of the earth are thrown in jail and the profits of this Beautiful Planet are used for food and fine clothing for those who need it. Then we can have that big party of Isaiah 25, where we Celebrate Thanks Giving Diners of being passed over the insanity of our times.. That will be when the veil will be lifted from all nations eyes, and they understand what they have never heard before.-That last part about understanding has to be what is meant, at the end of Isaiah 52.

Sadly as Jeremiah 23 talks of, "From the prophets of Jerusalem (and now the church I may add.) pollution has spread throughout the world. And since we can find in Jer. 23:20 in the latter days it will be understood, that chapter applies as much now as back then. That chapter is a huge rebuke at religious leaders who are leading people into futility and profit them nothing.

Not attacking you, just letting you know how my dream goes. In my dream:

Vengeance as an act of god is the root of all evil!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

As Jeremiah 23 says (yes repeating its huge rebuke to religious leaders.) "From the prophets of Jerusalem (Now also the church) pollution has spread through out the world. They are leading the people into futility and profit them nothing."- slight paraphrase They have created their own IMAGE of GOD (Prefer to spell it dog.) which is talked about in Revelations 13.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
As Jeremiah 23 says (yes repeating its huge rebuke to religious leaders.) "From the prophets of Jerusalem (Now also the church) pollution has spread through out the world. They are leading the people into futility and profit them nothing."- slight paraphrase They have created their own IMAGE of GOD (Prefer to spell it dog.) which is talked about in Revelations 13.

agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
We have been sold so much trash from the established church, that people rightfully are turned off to there being any truth at all in the Bible.

"Back before the world began, back before that too, you took me in your confidence told me I was you. Now that I think about it while I walk along the shore I can not help but laugh. If I thought that I knew, that to get across to you was this high and winding stairs, I'd be there."-adg from stairs, and he was there at important times. What if adg ends up being the Ancient Old Hippie of Days with the hair white as wool in Daniel 7? If I am number 9 Michael as I claim, Arlo is... if that all is not true, the world is doomed.

okay…here are some more bible verses for you….

judges 19

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=TLB

continued

judges 20

notice judges 20:4-10 (not to leave out the rest of it, mind you)

he seemed to neglect to mention that he had pushed his wife/concubine out the door for the rapist murderers

minor detail?

then of course, the righteous indignation ensues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I have no clue what you are trying to say about the man who cut his wife in 12 parts... but it does have nothing what so ever to do with Jeremiah's huge rebuke at religious leaders in Jeremiah 23.

Answer this question, what would be wrong with each man's own words being the oracle of the lord, as Jeremiah 23:33-40 talks of with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? (I don't believe you have thought about one thing I have said, due to your judgments of the Bible.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
I have no clue what you are trying to say about the man who cut his wife in 12 parts... but it does have nothing what so ever to do with Jeremiah's huge rebuke at religious leaders in Jeremiah 23.

Answer this question, what would be wrong with each man's own words being the oracle of the lord, as Jeremiah 23:33-40 talks of with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? (I don't believe you have thought about one thing I have said, due to your judgments of the Bible.)

i didn't say it! it is right there in the bible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

What are you implying that it means?

I had come to a few conclusions (Which rocking down angels had much to do with snapping me out of the cloud I was in druing the 80's) 20 years ago, and drifting through the Bible, found things not out of context which backed them up. That is why I continue to hammer away Jeremiah 23 on this thread.

What would it do to life today, when Jeremiah 23:33-40, is understood that each man's own words will become the oracle, with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? That would mean liberty to me, but got no clue what it would mean to you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

leoburg wrote:
What are you implying that it means?

I had come to a few conclusions (Which rocking down angels had much to do with snapping me out of the cloud I was in druing the 80's) 20 years ago, and drifting through the Bible, found things not out of context which backed them up. That is why I continue to hammer away Jeremiah 23 on this thread.

What would it do to life today, when Jeremiah 23:33-40, is understood that each man's own words will become the oracle, with a stern warning against claiming the oracle of the lord? That would mean liberty to me, but got no clue what it would mean to you?

(emphasis in bold is mine)

jeremiah 23:36

"For you will no longer remember the oracle of the LORD, because every man's own word will become the oracle, and you have perverted the words of the living God, the LORD of hosts, our God."

i didn't say it…i just read straight out the bible "the word of god"

agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:

agnes wrote:
leoburg wrote:
We have been sold so much trash from the established church, that people rightfully are turned off to there being any truth at all in the Bible.

"Back before the world began, back before that too, you took me in your confidence told me I was you. Now that I think about it while I walk along the shore I can not help but laugh. If I thought that I knew, that to get across to you was this high and winding stairs, I'd be there."-adg from stairs, and he was there at important times. What if adg ends up being the Ancient Old Hippie of Days with the hair white as wool in Daniel 7? If I am number 9 Michael as I claim, Arlo is... if that all is not true, the world is doomed.

okay…here are some more bible verses for you….

judges 19

continued

judges 20

notice judges 20:4-10 (not to leave out the rest of it, mind you)

he seemed to neglect to mention that he had pushed his wife/concubine out the door for the rapist murderers

minor detail?

then of course, the righteous indignation ensues