Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Ukraine
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The putins are Coming!!!!!!

Their END is rear

:mrgreen:

"Going to one of my shows is like fishing... a lot of it is just being there." - ADG

Post subject: Re: Ukraine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:52 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

What SANCTIONS = What European UNION????

As a citizen of the EU I find it unbelievably believable that the noble leaders than rule over us cannot agree to put REAL sanctions on Russia. Not for the ordinary innocent people of Ukraine, not for world peace, not even for European citizens and probably not even 'God'. It seems money does make the wrong decisions right and the right decision wrongly delayed. Shame on our leaders who do NOT appear to be able to lead in the right direction. (The Putins are coming to a Ukraine near you!)

The missile came from outer space, Mars actually - Russian Mars bars! Timing is everything or is it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

No Russian military convoy has crossed the border into Ukraine, the Russian Defense Ministry said Friday, according to Russian state-run news outlet RIA-Novosti.

Believe it or believe it not!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:42 am

Senior ArloNetizen

(CNN)
"(Moscow doesn't want or intend to wade into any "large-scale conflicts," Putin insisted at a youth forum, state-run Itar-Tass reported. A few breaths later, he made the point that Russia is "strengthening our nuclear deterrence forces and our armed forces," making them more efficient and modernized.
"I want to remind you that Russia is one of the most powerful nuclear nations," the President said. "This is a reality, not just words."
He later warned, "We must always be ready to repel any aggression against Russia and (potential enemies) should be aware ... it is better not to come against Russia as regards a possible armed conflict." )"

The red rooster has spoken but does he mean 'business' or is he just a cock-a- do-a-doodling?

Bunker time again, the Arms Race is getter faster again. But sure who gives a fig about such roosters or even the Ukrainian people? We all just row our boats gently down the stream.....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
(CNN)
"(Moscow doesn't want or intend to wade into any "large-scale conflicts," Putin insisted at a youth forum, state-run Itar-Tass reported. A few breaths later, he made the point that Russia is "strengthening our nuclear deterrence forces and our armed forces," making them more efficient and modernized.
"I want to remind you that Russia is one of the most powerful nuclear nations," the President said. "This is a reality, not just words."
He later warned, "We must always be ready to repel any aggression against Russia and (potential enemies) should be aware ... it is better not to come against Russia as regards a possible armed conflict." )"

The red rooster has spoken but does he mean 'business' or is he just a cock-a- do-a-doodling?

Bunker time again, the Arms Race is getter faster again. But sure who gives a fig about such roosters or even the Ukrainian people? We all just row our boats gently down the stream.....

oddly enough, something i have read a little about lately….

not much scouring here (apologies), but a couple of articles that might shed some important info here and about

short articles, but may share important information ?

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140829/1924525 ... er-at.html

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opin ... /14776177/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
(CNN)

oddly enough, something i have read a little about lately….

not much scouring here (apologies), but a couple of articles that might shed some important info here and about

short articles, but may share important information ?

http://en.ria.ru/world/20140829/1924525 ... er-at.html

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opin ... /14776177/

i was just seeing a link between nuclear power plants and nuclear weapons….had just been reading about the former…..probably belongs on a different thread, but reading your post made me think of it

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Waste from nuclear plants looks like its one of those problems that someone in the future will have to sort out. But that's if there is anyone left by then. Perhaps Mother Earth will be abandoned by future humanity because of human factors or something else?

What's happening in Ukraine is only one symptom of the stupidy of man. The disease is spreading but unlike Ebola, the UN jump suits don't work. Probably same prognosis though. If only we....

Putin looks like he is going to get a deal of sorts. One way or the other he seems to have the best poker hand? His smirky fishy handshake with the Ukrainian President said it all: "I have an ace up my sleeve Dude. You all know it but what's ya gonna do about it when I raise the 'sanctions', I mean stakes."

Peace and goodwill seems to be in short supply these days so:

Tons of Peace and Goodwill to everyone on the right side!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:01 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Waste from nuclear plants looks like its one of those problems that someone in the future will have to sort out. But that's if there is anyone left by then. Perhaps Mother Earth will be abandoned by future humanity because of human factors or something else?

What's happening in Ukraine is only one symptom of the stupidy of man. The disease is spreading but unlike Ebola, the UN jump suits don't work. Probably same prognosis though. If only we....

Putin looks like he is going to get a deal of sorts. One way or the other he seems to have the best poker hand? His smirky fishy handshake with the Ukrainian President said it all: "I have an ace up my sleeve Dude. You all know it but what's ya gonna do about it when I raise the 'sanctions', I mean stakes."

Peace and goodwill seems to be in short supply these days so:

Tons of Peace and Goodwill to everyone on the right side!

yes, i suppose if the human race wants to continue in that direction (even of just nuclear power, non weapon) , then it will have to know how to clean up a mess. i have read about microbes that help to degrade nuclear waste a while back, which i thought was interesting.

(but is this a cart before the horse scenario?)

i also read somewhere that the pm of japan has made an about-face on his stance about nuclear power. first all for it, now, not so much.

Last edited by agnes on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:54 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Land grabs seem to be the order these days with certain Nations. Putin seems intent on getting his own way even if it costs thousands of lives and threatens european peace, if not the world?

I wonder if Edddie Snowden told him something he didn't know?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

The tracks on the tank go round and round, round and round but sure there're aint no 'Russian Military' driving them around even though they continue to leave Russian Federation territory and slip merrily across into their neighbour's sovereign land! Looks like the Ukraine is about to get some hot rushin love in another up and coming new 'Cold War'. (Maybe it was just on "pause" rather than 'Stop'.) Seems that Mr Putin has put his old KGB boots on again for some more rooster prancing at someone else's bloody cost...again!

(Those 'sanctions' what sanctions? Europe has no balls just 'a washing machine probe' called Rossetta landing 600 million miles away in outer space on a lump of flying rock going around 45,000 miles an hour. Great, the Ukrainians can enjoy same in their bomb shelters....) Success or just a matter of sucking eggs. What next - a flying visit by the ET mentioned on the dollar bills and in whom 'we trust'?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Appears to be going from bad to worse in Ukraine and off course 'autistic' Mr Putin hasn't got anything to do with that wee bloody awful cold war between neighbours and one time allies. Seems some intelligensia are putting out that they believe he may have a form of 'autism'. I rather think he is just your 'normal' run of a bully red rooster getting his ministry of spoof spooks on RTV to do his dirty work while turning his ass up to the west. Mr Putin is an attention seeking red hot ass that we all need to watch out for before his (invisible) armies prance about much further across Ukraine and beyond.

(Butt, there may be some other reason the Russian propaganda machine is emphatically stating that they ain't no putin boots on the ground....dah!) :wink:

http://youtu.be/YQ643U7ccpM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Here we go again! Is this another 'ceasefire' in the making or another never to be repeated, once upon a time, final last chance for the little rooster to make amends and do the right thing. Peace and goodwill with Ukraine is the only way forward. Why allow old 'cold' behaviour to risk full scale war with the free Ukrainian people and a proxy bloody war with the US. I bet Americia's dodgy european allies are crossing their legs and hoping wee Mr putin will seize the opportunity to sue for peace and make amends.

Wonder if Eddie Snowden can convince his hostess in some wee and better way. After all, ISIS hasn't gone away you know and both East and West, North and South should perhaps be pursuing another war against those waging war on all but themselves?

What we seem to have is fifty shades of truth that ties a stupid world to repeat inglorious past acts that humanity promised to ban and punish. Sixty nine peace and goodwill reasons to unite the 'united nations' sounds like better positions all round.

Peace, goodwill and freedom to all Ukraine and the world for that matter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:07 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"Geoffrey Pyatt, the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, tweeted Saturday that the separatists "now have larger fighting force with more tanks armored vehicles, heavy artillery & rocket systems than some NATO and European countries."

He also posted satellite images which he claimed show "Russian military, not separatist, systems" deployed in eastern Ukraine.

The United States has not ruled out providing "lethal defensive aid" to the Ukrainian military to help it defend against advances by the Russian-backed separatists."

Sounds like a bigger war may just be a blowing up wind.........

Oh and on Valentines Day i suppose stating the obvious that What the World needs now is, Love sweet love, peace and all that goes with goodwill....... :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

("We are confident that over the next few days we are going to make it clear that we are not going to play this game, not going to sit here and be part of this extraordinarily craven behavior at the expense of the sovereignty and integrity of a nation.

"This is behavior that is completely counter to everything that the global community has worked to achieve and put in place ever since World War II, and I'm confident that the United Kingdom, the United States and others are prepared to stand up to it."

He also blasted Moscow's repeated denials that it is involved in arming the separatists and sending its own troops over the border.
) (CNN)

The Russian agenda concerning Ukraine and the West may be difficult to understand given all the other bloody turmoil taking place around Mankind's patch. There's even some acknowledgement in some Govt/spooky quarters that somehow a 'catastrophic' blunder in reading the Kremlin intelligensia has in fact occurred.
And still the Russian war machine stealthfully marches further westward giving a defiant up yours to the mighty West.

And while Mr Kerry and others 'counter' fiddle and peddle out the usual stuff concerning us global community types, Ukraine burns while the threat of futher sanctions should make the Russians think twice again...and again.....and...

Where are the leaders leading us all too? (maybe we should all sing the Lemming song)

Peace, justice and freedom for the Ukrainian Global Community

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Looks like the Russians are going to really invade Ukraine or so the Ukrainian President seems to think or know or just is.

Anyway, not much on the wires about this wee festering war in Europe. There are US troops/advisors working with the Ukrainian authorities/military so the scene may just be set for another wee chess move by Val Putin & Co.
Sometimes you'd maybe wonder what all these stupid wars are about especially with you got the likes of IS/ISIS butchering their way across the Middle East etc etc. Seems to be more wars than peace these days or is that just my wee imagination. Though its probably an opportune time to invade Planet Earth before we destroy our wee bloody third rock from the sun. (Not that i believe in little green men for that matter!)

Anyway hope Putin and the West sort themselves out before the lights go out!

Peace and goodwill to all peaceable folks of goodwill (and to HELL with the rest!)

Keep the faith Ukraine