Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: The Polar Vortex 50 USA!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Looks like change is here to stay and that wee "Polar Vortex" is going "The Day After Tomorrow". Maybe the good old USA just got a free 'Global Warming' premier preview, with a snappy front row seat, that's gonna cost a wee bit m0re than an icy mint to many before the rest of the world gets to own the whole shebang? The writing on the screen read: "Big Freeze" but maybe we coulda wrote: "2014 - The USA Polar Vortex Symptom"?

"There are times to leave it alone and times to kick it around, times to provoke sleeping dogs and times to join them. Essentially - Be yourself without having to resort to consistency." - ADG

Rubbish! Bin it! kick it around! Leave it alone! Bite it! :shock: Try to understand it Arlo! Just be yourself ADG! You cannot be serious! Essentially Arlo - Without your consistency there'd be no Dump! But don't join them before you provoke the sleeping dogs and essentially be yourself without having to resort to consistency. Like, what's all this got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA"? Shit if i know cause I just copied the above "ADG" quote when I opened up on the Dump and that happened to be one of Arlo's 'Thought for the Day' conondrums which mysteriously appeared and said. "There are times to leave it alone and times to kick it around, times to provoke sleeping dogs and times to join them. Essentially - Be yourself without having to resort to consistency." - ADG.
Rubbish! Bin it! Kick it around Rubbish! Bin it! kick it around! Leave it alone! Stuff and nonsense. Devour it! Try to understand it Arlo. Be yourself Arlo! You cannot be serious! Essentially - Without your consistency there'd be no Dump! :x :idea: but don't join them before you provoke the sleeping dogs and essentially be yourself without having to resort to consistency. Like what's all this got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA" Essentially nothing. "There are times to leave it alone and times to kick it around, times to provoke sleeping dogs and times to join them. Essentially - Be yourself without having to resort to consistency." - ADG. So maybe this should assist anyone here or maybe reading the "…….Shroud" thread to essentially be yourself without having to resort to consistency? "The Polar Vortex 50 USA"! "What Global Warming?" How utterly consistent we seem to have become by being us essentially a Global Warning Polar Vortex that without your consistency there would be no DumP to dump into!

"We don't do tours anymore. We do life." - ADG

What's that got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA"? Hell if I know and hell if i don't!

"Surrendering the temporary reveals the permanent." - ADG

Eureka! (so what)

Global Warming Huggies and watch out for the 8) Polar bears ye all and "The WIND that SHAKES the BARLEY" :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:18 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Well there goes a few min's of my life I'll never get back . :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I propose wasting time more efficiently with this post...

By pointing out donald trump is not wasting anytime, ever.

Otherwise why would he pay people to tweet such brilliant things as...

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump 6 Jan
This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bulls**t has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice

Which he later changed (to clarify?)...

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6 Jan
We are experiencing the coldest weather in more than two decades-most people never remember anything like this. GLOBAL WARMING anyone?

Sec of State Kerry said we would not go back to Iraq. We shouldn’t, but he should not have said that. So stupid!

Another one of my predictions just came true-- Iraq is a total disaster with government losing all control—so sad.

Some of the replies to his tweets may be from other like minded people who also believe that time you enjoy wasting is not wasted, because they advise him to run for president.

Would you have to be wasted to?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Time cannot be wasted! But it can and does get used very unwisely a lot. Time may be infinite for all I know, maybe even Celery Time, but I'm of the mind that it is finite for me.........

Whatcha think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

immm…..How many hours of other people's 'Celery TIME' did Guv Chris Christie's little helpers Not Waste on the George Wastington Bridge, which some even say is the 'busiest Bridge in the world? Those mind-blowing, Time Wasting four days of what's now a Christie Pickle Jam. Is this a bully wee pickle for a bridge too far? I think we got some serious celery time wasting, like on a mega, mega, woodstock69 scale! But I don't mind admitting that for sure it could only happen on The George Washington Bridge and for sure it didn't waste just time - or did it?

But what this got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA" only time will tell….

Peace and love time

:mrgreen:

Last edited by woodstock69 on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
Time cannot be wasted! But it can and does get used very unwisely a lot. Time may be infinite for all I know, maybe even Celery Time, but I'm of the mind that it is finite for me.........

Whatcha think?

when you grow up learning that the end of the world is near from day one of your existence, you tend to have a funeral mentality in which to "thrive" from the start. still, you are torn between your own gut feelings (which you are reminded constantly are wrong) , and what dogma is being projected onto and consuming you, and other people's perceptions, relentlessly projected. that spectrum is sickening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69, Chris Christie is like the piano player in the old-time bordello whose defense was that he didn't know what the girls were doing in the upstairs rooms.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:21 am

Senior ArloNetizen

woodstock69 wrote:
immm…..How many hours of other people's 'Celery TIME' did Guv Chris Christie's little helpers Not Waste on the George Wastington Bridge, which some even say is the 'busiest Bridge in the world? Those mind-blowing, Time Wasting four days of what's now a Christie Pickle Jam. Is this a bully wee pickle for a bridge too far? I think we got some serious celery time wasting, like on a mega, mega, woodstock69 scale! But I don't mind admitting that for sure it could only happen on The George Washington Bridge and for sure it didn't waste just time - or did it?

But what this got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA" only time will tell….

Peace and love time

You and he are about equal in my eyes .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 am

Senior ArloNetizen

All things being equal what's this got to do with "The Polar Vortex 50 USA?" (and the George Washington Bridge for that matter?) :shock:

Possibly everything!!! Is this another eureka moment or a celery hour. :wink:

:?
http://youtu.be/lhGqugHuAyQ

"Share the love - The rest will take care of itself." - ADG

gotta go - work calls - but no bridges to cross!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:56 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

woodstock69 wrote:

gotta go

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:41 am

Senior ArloNetizen

mikey wrote:
woodstock69, Chris Christie is like the piano player in the old-time bordello whose defense was that he didn't know what the girls were doing in the upstairs rooms.

In defence of the piano player mikey :

1. He admittledy is just 'the piano player' but unless it can be proven that he either moonlights as the bordello organ grinder or is somehow omniscient who knows what he knows?

2. Of course, just like me he could probably imagine what the girls and perhaps even the boys were doing in the upstairs rooms especially if witnessing the traffic flow from downstairs but unlike Arlo, piano players could not be omnipresent those days.

3. Unlike Mae West types, Piano players in the old-time bordellos were probably not known for their omnipotence and of course we are probably assuming 'the piano player' in question is just your average, straight, middle-aged 'Stars & Stripes' piano player.

In conclusion Mikey, I do not know any old-time bordello piano players and expect that goes for Guv Chris Christie but what you wrote sounds about right for a tight imaginative 'scapegoat defence'. Butt having shafted his little workers, time will tell if the Guv feels his own polar vortex going south!

(Ps. Who knows Arlo, you may even get the phone call to play…)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 am

Senior ArloNetizen

woodstock69 wrote:
Butt having shafted his little workers,

You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

Post subject: My thoughts...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"Time cannot be wasted! But it can and does get used very unwisely a lot. Time may be infinite for all I know, maybe even Celery Time, but I'm of the mind that it is finite for me.........

Whatcha think?"

Kevin,
I guess it's all in defining wasted.
I don't remember who said, "We are endowed by nature with our most valuable resource, time."

I believe this is true. I too learned early that our time on earth is frail and tentative at best through a horrible and deadly horse riding accident. More on a personal level than the greater world ending theme.

Agnes,
Do you still feel that way? Do you feel the end is nearer or further away then back then? Or have you tossed the whole notion completely? Indoctrination can be hard to shake.

Funny how true it is about it being relative. Time can race by, go so slow, sometimes even stand still, all depending whether you are on the bus or off the bus.

Time

To eat dinner!

Post subject: Re: My thoughts...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:43 am

Senior ArloNetizen

DRR wrote:
"

To eat dinner!

LOL, Best post of the Day! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Giantone wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:
Butt having shafted his little workers,

You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.

Thanks for your kind validation Giantone :D

"Allahu akbar!" :wink: