Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: stuff about stuff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

imm, yes,i think...but on the other hand....i think...

god and immortality - we humans sure got imagination all wrapped up to suit. Dream on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

we stand to benefit (or fail) from eons of human trial and error

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Speaking of trial and errors, I hope we're not back to the future with Mr Trump again?

We can't throw the baby out with the dirty water, or can we?
Humanity (but not other species and the planet) has been moving towards some kind of future that i don't think bodes well for most humans but rather, as normal, a select few who might even go to live and plunder some other planet.

It's a beautiful sunny day here - thank you Mother Earth!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
that quest for immortality is a whole ‘nother thing to my mind. in many religions, maybe not with all, it seems a bit of a bribe on conditions you side with a particular god. and so end up getting caught up in the particulars of dogma, which can result sometimes in something rather cruel or vicious.
in some cases it may be not so much a quest, but a question? like maybe, “that person’s spirit is no longer in their body, where did it go?” or something like that

other reasons people might look to a would be god (or the possibility of a god or whatever you would want to call it) might come from looking up at the sky at night and then the sun return the next next day and wonder, how? or, why? and then there are the cycles of rain which help to nourish life. but then there are stresses from the harshness of how nature can be, a civilization might look to try and understand these forces? unfortunately, sacrifices were sometimes the result of wanting to appease would be gods it seems.
anyhow, i think the god concept can be a complicated one.

agnes wrote:

i do believe there is a perfect balance to be attained from knowledge, and imagination.
*ultimately*, therein is positive growth.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"i do believe there is a perfect balance to be attained from knowledge, and imagination.
*ultimately*, therein is positive growth."

The attainment of some sort of perfect balance from knowledge and imagination leading ultimately to an essence of positive growth may be an interesting belief to ponder. These days knowledge and imagination abound like no other time but the jury is out on what type of growth they birth. (The observations concerning humanity & planet might give us a wee indication or two?)

Ultimately all growth, as we know it, will cease: the world will end for some reason or another (if not old age) and the human ant race will have run its course along with history of same. (We ain't that big or great in this wee universe though because we think, we imagine we are - i suppose) But i believe that there is no reason to doubt that forms of 'life' will continue in whatever new or evolutionary way they do but as such don't require us humans. The human race has always been surplus to any requirement for the continuance of the earth let alone universe to continue on to whatever. (Perhaps even time and space will become extinct in a future 'now')

Some of us may just believe but fact is we all know for certain that death will ultimately catch up on each of us but the positive thing is that you and i will never experience our own individual death. (obviously you got to be alive to experience stuff and when you die you cease to exist so matters don't matter without your brain matter)

So ultimately, there being no such thing as immortality we should be enjoy this life the best we can in the here and now - therein is the positive growth. (life and love over the other stuff)

:mrgreen:

ps. maybe a new thread is needed on the question of immortality?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
i do believe there is a perfect balance to be attained from knowledge, and imagination.

woodstock69 wrote:
The attainment of some sort of perfect balance from knowledge and imagination leading ultimately to an essence of positive growth may be an interesting belief to ponder. These days knowledge and imagination abound like no other time but the jury is out on what type of growth they birth. (The observations concerning humanity & planet might give us a wee indication or two?)

Ultimately all growth, as we know it, will cease: the world will end for some reason or another (if not old age) and the human ant race will have run its course along with history of same. (We ain't that big or great in this wee universe though because we think, we imagine we are - i suppose) But i believe that there is no reason to doubt that forms of 'life' will continue in whatever new or evolutionary way they do but as such don't require us humans. The human race has always been surplus to any requirement for the continuance of the earth let alone universe to continue on to whatever. (Perhaps even time and space will become extinct in a future 'now')

Some of us may just believe but fact is we all know for certain that death will ultimately catch up on each of us but the positive thing is that you and i will never experience our own individual death. (obviously you got to be alive to experience stuff and when you die you cease to exist so matters don't matter without your brain matter)

So ultimately, there being no such thing as immortality we should be enjoy this life the best we can in the here and now - therein is the positive growth. (life and love over the other stuff)

ps. maybe a new thread is needed on the question of immortality?

i lost count of all the strawmen in that post.

agnes wrote:

and while we are here, positive growth is not a static goal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

"They made up a phony collusion with the Russians story, found zero proof, so now they go for obstruction of justice on the phony story. Nice," he tweeted Thursday morning. He soon added: "You are witnessing the single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history - led by some very bad and conflicted people! #MAGA" (CNN)

or i suppose, becoming probably the single greatest WHICH HUNT in American political history?

"and while we are here, positive growth is not a static goal"

"The world is getting stupider as time goes by." - ADG

Does that suggest that Arlo believes the Negatives are out-breeding the Positives towards whatever is goal is?

The Hunt is on in the haystacks but only while we are playing here. Afterwards finding a needle won't matter a fig to static wee straws blowing in the wind having blown out their last wind in some once upon a time existence, in some once upon a time world. But its a lovely day here in Ireland - hope the sun is shinning for you wherever you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

agnes wrote:

agnes wrote:

overall, i say overall, this world could be great if we went about it the right way

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:

agnes wrote:

agnes wrote:

overall, i say overall, this world could be great if we went about it the right way

a song. thank you mr. george

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4J6i_vw0w

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

We can always have our cake:

https://youtu.be/0kNGnIKUdMI

and eat it together

https://youtu.be/t_YXSHkAahE

if only

https://youtu.be/pB1pV8zRVaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
We can always have our cake:

https://youtu.be/0kNGnIKUdMI

and eat it together

https://youtu.be/t_YXSHkAahE

if only

i actually like both of those songs….go figure?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:

not to leave out wisdom, mind you. knowledge, imagination, and wisdom.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Dug up what I previously buried here and opened up a new grave (thread) just in case i get hunted! :wink:

The thread is "Appointment with Death"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Dug up what I previously buried here and opened up a new grave (thread) just in case i get hunted! :wink:

did you you mean to say *haunted* instead of *hunted*?

i hope so

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

interesting article!

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/08/30/ ... er-salmon/

i mean, first of all, climate change is happening

and second, bears would choose berries over salmon, given the choice