Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: an interesting doco
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

Arlo Fanatic

I deserve the comments I get. I was actually referring to the comments you have made about other people. Insults and things that are obviously untrue. You tend to lash out at people and accuse them of things which have no foundation in fact. I may be a dumbass, but I do pay attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 am

Senior ArloNetizen

The fact is, Goofus, I have never thought of you or anyone else here as a dumbass. You can almost bet that if I make a derogatory remark about someone,there's been one leveled at me first.

You stated essentially that nothing I've posted is worth a damn. There's a thread I started about Yellowstone Caldera. Maybe not perfect, but that's far more with current events than discussing Hitler's mess. Like I said, Hitler's people all got along and shunned (or simply eliminated) those who didn't see their view. Now look at the nature of how I've been treated by "the members who get along." Maybe that's realllllly hard to see.

Agnes asked about the penis references. I was tickled pink that she finally had the courage to type a word that's been shoved down women's throats for most of history. The point in using it was that it was used in the video documentary.

This is supposed to be a site where people can speak freely, still Arlo represents peace and harmony. We're expected to make mistakes, not gang up on others for making them.

Harmonic tremors, Goofus. They had what appear to be some of those in Wisconsin recently. They had some in Kokomo a few years back. Now they are being heard around the Michigan/Indiana state line. In Iceland these usually precede volcanic activity.

Now all that is worthless?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:43 am

Senior ArloNetizen

The fact is, Goofus, I have never thought of you or anyone else here as a dumbass. You can almost bet that if I make a derogatory remark about someone,there's been one leveled at me first.

You stated essentially that nothing I've posted is worth a damn. There's a thread I started about Yellowstone Caldera. Maybe not perfect, but that's far more with current events than discussing Hitler's mess. Like I said, Hitler's people all got along and shunned (or simply eliminated) those who didn't see their view. Now look at the nature of how I've been treated by "the members who get along." Maybe that's realllllly hard to see.

Agnes asked about the penis references. I was tickled pink that she finally had the courage to type a word that's been shoved down women's throats for most of history. The point in using it was that it was used in the video documentary.

This is supposed to be a site where people can speak freely, still Arlo represents peace and harmony. We're expected to make mistakes, not gang up on others for making them.

Harmonic tremors, Goofus. They had what appear to be some of those in Wisconsin recently. They had some in Kokomo a few years back. Now they are being heard around the Michigan/Indiana state line. In Iceland these usually precede volcanic activity.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:

i have typed the word penis before when i typed about a giant penis i'd seen made of well packed snow on a median strip and decided it must be a playful sign of early spring? anyway, it made me laugh. the obvious effort that went into it was pretty clear.

and yes i recall the 'standing at attention' reference in the doco, but then lots of things i never considered began being referenced by you as penises like cigarettes, beer bottles etc, it was kind of funny i guess but it did make me wonder...like that time a while back (before you were here) we were here talking about ...oh...mccarthyism... foreign policy maybe...stuff...and suddenly the subject of masturbation was slam dunked right there in the middle of it and it's like, okay...wha? but then a few of us had a chuckle or two about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

I can imagine that. The point in much of my posts in this thread reflect on possible Freudian perspectives on it all. My point in my whole responsive campaign has surrounded an idiom of satire about the whole war issue in that it was driven by a wave of pay-religion. Let's face it. Jesus is a big seller. Anti-Jesus is also a big seller. WW's I, II, III... et al ad captandum vulgus infinitum all began in 33AD after the successful execution of a plan by Caiaphas that puppeted money grabbing Judas Iscariot.

As for the plagiarism issue, I hope to "clarify" that there are some forums out there that distort the meaning. The net stretches "reasonable use" to it's end. As for art, a rendition of another composer's work, e.g. Arlo's "City of New Orleans" is the one that truly made the song famous. We all may find ourselves humming some old Guthrie folk songs from time to time, but we aren't plagiarizing. Deft art forgeries are even becoming a profitable item, still there's something to be desired in a copy.

I'd personally be more interested in reading what you think... amalgamate... create... examine, than watching a tube-video and trying to guess your thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

it seems it is always a guess!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:28 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:

No. It just shows that you haven't been around here long. If you continue to say senseless, degrading, and petty things about people, I will continue to poke a stick at you. I just insist that you show respect. I did not say that nothing you posted is worth a damn. I said that if you can't be civil and show some respect I will continue to poke you with a stick. Say what you want. That's what this place is about. While you and I don't seem to have a lot of the same beliefs, I don't discount the fact that you could be 100% right. I have never implied that you are high or developmentally disabled. That seems to be your standard insult. It doesn't work here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:07 am

Senior ArloNetizen

I just go by the old adage that when you point the finger at someone, three fingers point back at you. By that token if you point the finger at someone and have those other three fingers wrapped half way around a can of Old Milwaukee, regardless of whether you pay the person a compliment or insult, they only have 1/3 the quality of bad beer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh! Now I remember why I haven't checked in for a while. But while I'm here .... hi Agnes! Hope all is well. I've missed you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

Captain Zap wrote:
Oh! Now I remember why I haven't checked in for a while. But while I'm here .... hi Agnes! Hope all is well. I've missed you.

Aw come on Zap, Doc's got a plan to float the church, railroad tracks n all! Ya don't know what yer missin' 8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome back. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:54 am

Arlo Fanatic

Captain Zap wrote:

hi captain zap! it is good to hear from you...i've missed you too!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:44 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Captain Zap... as in Zap Comics?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:22 am

Senior ArloNetizen

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogal ... =146903741

This (and even the Internet) should have happened by 1980. Because JFK was shot and LBJ was left a lame duck, it's just happening now... too late. This all compares to the church creating and funding wars, but also, now as the Christian Coalition, fund assassinations. Even in this election year the CC is funding anti-Obama ads.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

" A little killing here and there..."

Aurora, Colorado.