Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
And I suppose it's okay for the others to post stuff like "I'm sorry you were wrong..." I talk about some bonafide research and get treated like a liar? ... and I'M the asshole. :roll:


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
No. You became the asshole when you made a post degrading someone for no apparent reason. You will find that people will go toe to toe with you here. You can learn here. People here will confront you if you are wrong. Sometimes there is name calling. There is nothing wrong with that. There is something wrong with saying something degrading for the just for the sake of saying it. If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post, then you and I will probably have issues.

Edited to add this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:29 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
DrCharbonneau wrote:
And I suppose it's okay for the others to post stuff like "I'm sorry you were wrong..." I talk about some bonafide research and get treated like a liar? ... and I'M the asshole. :roll:


This is directed at me so I just want to point out:

There were two clear cut cases where DrCharbonneau presented himself as Professor Wizbang. He did not understand basic polymer chemistry and he declared gasoline a mix of alcohols. My problem is that when a Professor Wizbang comes along and his rhetoric would result in a failing grade in High School Science classes, well, I thought it my patriotic duty to point out to those who might not have liked High School Science; well, I thought it wise to point out the true nature of Professor Wizbang and his rhetoric. You see, I am not only an atheist but I am a professional scientist and have been for going on 30 years now (how time gets the best of you).

When I say I am sorry you didn't know what you were talking about, well, that is because you reacted so defensively with all kinds of psychological craziness including having me crap on my fathers living room floor because i was abused. I wasn't abused! My Father was from a different generation and looked at family and family relationships a little differently than I, but I put it in perspective. Given the fact that he grew up in a not so financially sound urban Oklahoma community during the depression and came of age around WWII, he actually had a fairly sound grasp of perspective and reality and I will tell you flat out, I have no desire to go shit on his floor (were he still around).

That is about all I have to say about that!


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:44 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that. Someone set deeply into denial? That's pretty evident. A mocking individual with the internet as an imagined extension of his knowledge? Typically. I really don't care anymore. I'm done with you.


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:47 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that. Someone set deeply into denial? That's pretty evident. A mocking individual with the internet as an imagined extension of his knowledge? Typically. I really don't care anymore. I'm done with you.


ok


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:58 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
Quote:
If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post,


Thank you for qualifying "Alice's Restaurant" for a cynical parody. I wasn't the one who started mocking the Creation with his toilet obsessions. Prior to this I've never been able to bring myself to make a parody of Arlo's tunes. You obviously soooooooo good collection of individuals just lowered the shields after firing relentlessly on someone who just wanted to see some people on the East coast not lose all they have worked to build in the changing patterns of Mother Nature. I guess I needed another reason not to care. Now I have one.


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:08 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Quote:
If you can't prove your point without stooping to something like that, you don't have a point. If you can't see what's wrong with your shitty post,


Thank you for qualifying "Alice's Restaurant" for a cynical parody. I wasn't the one who started mocking the Creation with his toilet obsessions. Prior to this I've never been able to bring myself to make a parody of Arlo's tunes. You obviously soooooooo good collection of individuals just lowered the shields after firing relentlessly on someone who just wanted to see some people on the East coast not lose all they have worked to build in the changing patterns of Mother Nature. I guess I needed another reason not to care. Now I have one.


ok


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:20 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that. Someone set deeply into denial? That's pretty evident. A mocking individual with the internet as an imagined extension of his knowledge? Typically. I really don't care anymore. I'm done with you.


Funny. Those are exactly my thoughts about you Doc.


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
Quote:
Funny. Those are exactly my thoughts about you Doc.


... i'm sure I should care... but funny, I don't


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
Why would you?


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
Goofus wrote:
Why would you?


Because under normal circumstances I'm a caring person who endeavors to give hands up instead of hand slaps. Cybernet forums are generally not normal circumstances...

...and the monkey he's floating slowly out of range...


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:29 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Sep 15, 1999
Posts: 4789
in response to heraclitis:

DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that.


i don't even think you believe that.


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:17 pm
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
agnes wrote:
in response to heraclitis:

DrCharbonneau wrote:
I believe you're an atheist. Scientist? I don't see enough imagination to support that.


i don't even think you believe that.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P35WWj0DSKY


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jan 09, 2003
Posts: 2486
Images: 5
Location: Rhododendron, Oregon United States
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Why would you?


Because under normal circumstances I'm a caring person who endeavors to give hands up instead of hand slaps. Cybernet forums are generally not normal circumstances...

...and the monkey he's floating slowly out of range...


If this is true then why did you say something so nasty to someone?


          Top  
 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
Goofus wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:
Goofus wrote:
Why would you?


Because under normal circumstances I'm a caring person who endeavors to give hands up instead of hand slaps. Cybernet forums are generally not normal circumstances...

...and the monkey he's floating slowly out of range...


If this is true then why did you say something so nasty to someone?



You mean quoting some Roger Waters lyrics that uses a symmely [sp?] comparing bean counters to monkeys was nasty :shock:

We know that people will misread and we will miscommunicate our thoiughts. After a while a person knows that any forum will have some more intense discussions through that.

The net commits what we say to a written log with a date stamp. I certain meant no slight in any of that, only expressing there aer far more slaps than hands. Not even necessarily here, although it just might be interpretted that way...


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group