Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-18-mon ... ra_5175.bc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:30 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
BTW... you appear to be going after me because you are rude to me and nobody else. I'm not this "Jafo" nor do I know him or her. That ought to be evident, as well as my demonstrations of my capabilities. People who are on some political, trolling agenda don't demonstrate engineering design abilities as I have in my (the only ones there) posts in Reuben's Consignments. Any mission I'm on involves offering ideas that just might help some of us survive if this worldwide shaking and swirling atmosphere gets worse in the near future. This site is mostly for Arlo's fans and it seems to like creative, artistic types. I've proven that's what I am, only 21st Century oriented. I started a story in the Storyboard. Am I the only one here creative enough to take it forward?

I don't tell everyone I meet on the net they need help. You're an exception to that.

well you at least seem to know his (jafo's) name from somewhere

DrCharbonneau wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

The Merck Index describes ethylene as a gas in fact a common name for it is olefiant gas. You may be thinking of ethylene Oxide or "polythene." Yes, it is now commonly mass produced as a decomposition of petroleum gases. That is simply because of convenience and availability. Yes, gasoline is composed of saturated hydrocarbons, such as paraffins, but "to get the lead out" the octanes are raised by alcohols. Why do you think when you go to the pump it has a label reading "90% ethanol" and its octane rating.

Yes. Natural, uncatalyzed decomposition of cellulose takes a long time. Add a little NaOH to it and it goes a bit faster. Other methods and catalysts can speed it up even more.

Happy to know you do the composting thing. I never burn my grass clippings and leaves. All sorts of other uses.

Ethylene is a gas and it is manufactured from crude oil almost solely to feed the plastic market. It does occur naturally (pears in bags) but in very limited quantities. Ethylene oxide is very dangerous (don't F' with that). Gasoline is hydrocarbon alkanes. Paraffins is a common term but it is usually applied to large C-forms nowadays. Octane is based on the substitution nature of the alkane. Methyl substituted alkanes have a higher ignition point and 8-carbon tri-substituted alkanes (octane, oct or 8) tend to work best in internal combustion engines. It says 10% ethanol at the pumps as a result of stupidity. Biomass conversion is not turning corn into alcohol, PERIOD. Big Agriculture, Big Oil and Big Petrochemical are laughing all the way to the bank while the environment suffers!

NaOh does not effectively degrade cellulose (NaOH will degrade anything but it is not a solution).

Celluosomes are really cool and Clostridium thermocellum is a really cool but hot tempered organism (if only Jimmy Carter's speech had been taken seriously).

Sorry kid, bullshit is no solution!

... and circles and arrows on the back of each one...

Sheep manure is considered best...

Neither one of us is intrinsically wrong here, but I think you are a bit rude with yoiur demeaning remark, in that if I'm a "kid" I'd assume you are surely around 95 or so.

This is your thread. I suppose it doesn't need to stray off into areas that peripheralize beyond Jeff.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Quote:
This is your thread. I suppose it doesn't need to stray off into areas that peripheralize beyond Jeff.

I was referring to Thomas Jefferson and even thought Herc was referring to TJ when he menioned Jafo, thus "Jeff." It took a bit to realize this "Jafo" was someone who had started a thread and heraclitis was continuing it.

As I pointed out, I sometimes have to read things a couple 2 or 3 times to gain full comprehension. Maybe U2?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:55 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Usually it is the guilty dog that barks first. When someone jumps in to defend someone, it often is suspect that the backer-upper is the same person operating from another emailaccount. The old MSN comms people liked till MSN got rid of them unto "Multiply," were like this. I discovered it was a dangerous thing to do if you are not experienced at the art of deception. What are most of these people guilty of? Being internet bullies. I think even bullies can be helped, but they have to get out of denial first.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 pm

Arlo Fanatic

interesting

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
Do you by any chance have a relative who goes by the name of Jafo? :shock:

Just to be clear Doc: I know this may seem to you a minor detail, but it seems that "minor details" around here are causing quite a bit of confusion and animosity. Don't blame Heraclitis for asking if you're related to Jafo. That was me, as you can clearly see above. It may not have been the nicest thing to say, but I've got a PhD in Smart-ass-ism. Nowhere near the high caliber of Larry's degree, but a degree none-the-less. That's just how I respond to what I perceive as BS -- "how I roll," if you like. But if you are going to continue to defend some of the batshit crazy things you say, don't get your knickers all in a wad, or get surprised if you get called out on it. You say that you "admit when you're wrong," but that's not really what you're doing. Your blaming others for their "intolerance" and glassing over the point. If you want to start relating geological science with Revelations, you shouldn't be shocked by contradictory comments by folks who know what scientific methods, principles, paradigms and evidence-based research is and is not. If you don't understand the difference and want to link science with religion you are free to do so - just be cognizant that you've got coming what you're probably gonna get as a response. It is unwise to enter into a battle of wits unarmed.
PS: At least I didn't ask if you were related to Rick Santorum with his brand of "science" - yet :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:
Do you by any chance have a relative who goes by the name of Jafo? :shock:

Just to be clear Doc: I know this may seem to you a minor detail, but it seems that "minor details" around here are causing quite a bit of confusion and animosity. Don't blame Heraclitis for asking if you're related to Jafo. That was me, as you can clearly see above. It may not have been the nicest thing to say, but I've got a PhD in Smart-ass-ism. Nowhere near the high caliber of Larry's degree, but a degree none-the-less. That's just how I respond to what I perceive as BS -- "how I roll," if you like. But if you are going to continue to defend some of the batshit crazy things you say, don't get your knickers all in a wad, or get surprised if you get called out on it. You say that you "admit when you're wrong," but that's not really what you're doing. Your blaming others for their "intolerance" and glassing over the point. If you want to start relating geological science with Revelations, you shouldn't be shocked by contradictory comments by folks who know what scientific methods, principles, paradigms and evidence-based research is and is not. If you don't understand the difference and want to link science with religion you are free to do so - just be cognizant that you've got coming what you're probably gonna get as a response. It is unwise to enter into a battle of wits unarmed.
PS: At least I didn't ask if you were related to Rick Santorum with his brand of "science" - yet :wink:

I tell you what Kevin, we got to sit down and have a beer or two and maybe pull out some guitars ... because we are on the same F'n page!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

me too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
me too!

I must say with all sincerity that I would love that experience to come to pass - a dream come true. It would be a blast!!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

sure that's what you say now! :)

thanks kevin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

:roll:

Smartassism = bullshit, thus a Ph.D. in smartassism = a Ph.D. in bull... :roll:

When the lights go out in Massachusetts, I'll be sitting in one of those pods drinking what will likely be the only cold Coors or LaBatt in town. Y'never know though, I have 3 pieces of property and might take in a few strays with guitars strapped on their backs saying "We don't got nowhere else to go...":(

But there might be a test about Jello and solid mechanics... :D

if the beer runs out, well there are alternatives...:D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
:roll:

Smartassism = bullshit, thus a Ph.D. in smartassism = a Ph.D. in bull... :roll:

When the lights go out in Massachusetts, I'll be sitting in one of those pods drinking what will likely be the only cold Coors or LaBatt in town. Y'never know though, I have 3 pieces of property and might take in a few strays with guitars strapped on their backs saying "We don't got nowhere else to go...":(

But there might be a test about Jello and solid mechanics... :D

if the beer runs out, well there are alternatives...:D

You've really got that "last man standing" delusion down pat. Got it BAD. If there ever was such a contraption floating about, the 1% would already have bought all the tickets!!!

I'll see ya in the 5th dimension :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:

You've really got that "last man standing" delusion down pat. Got it BAD. If there ever was such a contraption floating about, the 1% would already have bought all the tickets!!!

something along those lines crossed my mind as well!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Actually I would anticipate that over the next 5 to 10 years I'll find perhaps 1000 like minds that want to take their chances in a pod or build a hospital just like that, so you'd be closer to call it "one of 1000 last people standing." The delusion is that Haiti was meaningless, the possibility of EMP flux compression events or plain old Carrington Event type CME's is a hoax, February showers bring March flowers is normal and that there is no increased rate of inclination of the magnetic poles toward the tru poles. Delusion is that NASA has not been warning us that a large enough solar storm could knock out power around the planet irrecoverably for 5 or 10 years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:
It's interesting how someone who so desperately wants to believe that man is the highest, almighty face on the Ashira pole, also equally wants to ensure his is that highest face. This is seen almost universally among the atheist religion. I have yet to meet an atheist who ever admits to being incorrect about anything. On the net I've met Greek Philosophers, Roman and other tyrants, Norse and other gods and a plethora of Einsteins. Atheists all of them. Locked ion their 3 year old toilet training mode and acting like one. One here even betrayed his personality defect by sharing his toilet habits he likely was forced to adapt to by age 3.

Look I am sorry you didn't know what you were talking about! Let it go!

I'm not sorry about anything. I'm happy to be corrected if I make a boo boo. As for your anal retentive, obsessive toilet habits, you brought that up. Why does it seem you are the only person posting to these threads who appears to have been toilet trained by an uneducated, severe adult? Dude! You can't even apologize for your own mistakes. You have to project your guilt onto someone else. Nobody else is doing that.

If you want to talk about it, I doubt if anyone here would think the worse of you for opening up. I'm sure there's some pain in all that.

Go take a healthy Zappa crappa on your father's living room floor, pull up your drawers without wiping .... and walk out.

So if you want to play the asshole card go ahead. Don't expect me to respect anything you say if you intend to continue to make posts like this.