Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:42 am

Senior ArloNetizen

One thing Heraclitis had mentioned earlier was something I simply had no concept of: "Honk 'n' Hollers." At my own forum, jootbox, one member started a thread, "mutts and more," that touched on this type of concept, basically longing for the days when people were more apt to trust others. Today a honk and holler response could be the end of the owner. As technology progresses higher and higher, so does crime. Yes. I agree. It's a sucks donut.

Keeping on that train of thought led to another question: "When did this old lifestyle really reach "dead and buried"?" There's almost a timeline parallel in the 50's when the antichristian church of televangelism was trying to heal the wound of Darwinism inflicted on a church already intent on dumbing down mankind to the point where today's geological hazards are breathing down our necks. Opportunistically, Billy Graham offered life after death in an age when the atomic bomb was testing newer, more powerful devices and the BOAS was created to alert the world that nuclear disaster was immenent. JFK was an advocate of scientific progress and world peace that threatened this rekindled "blind beast" of false salvation. Whether in Israel or here in America or most anywhere, Christianity isn't anymore. Only a travesty that would even align with the assassination of a potentially superb president to even up the score by wounding scientific progress.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 am

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
One thing Heraclitis had mentioned earlier was something I simply had no concept of: "Honk 'n' Hollers." At my own forum, jootbox, one member started a thread, "mutts and more," that touched on this type of concept, basically longing for the days when people were more apt to trust others. Today a honk and holler response could be the end of the owner. As technology progresses higher and higher, so does crime. Yes. I agree. It's a sucks donut.

Keeping on that train of thought led to another question: "When did this old lifestyle really reach "dead and buried"?" There's almost a timeline parallel in the 50's when the antichristian church of televangelism was trying to heal the wound of Darwinism inflicted on a church already intent on dumbing down mankind to the point where today's geological hazards are breathing down our necks. Opportunistically, Billy Graham offered life after death in an age when the atomic bomb was testing newer, more powerful devices and the BOAS was created to alert the world that nuclear disaster was immenent. JFK was an advocate of scientific progress and world peace that threatened this rekindled "blind beast" of false salvation. Whether in Israel or here in America or most anywhere, Christianity isn't anymore. Only a travesty that would even align with the assassination of a potentially superb president to even up the score by wounding scientific progress.

more god nut bull shit, huh?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

So tell us, are you a generic god nut (Catholic or Episcopal), or a fruity god nut (Southern Baptist or Church o Christ), maybe a cultist god nut (Mormon or Scientology) or one of them exotic god nuts (Muslim or Jewish)? Inquiring minds want to know?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

So tell us, are you a generic god nut (Catholic or Episcopal), or a fruity god nut (Southern Baptist or Church o Christ), maybe a cultist god nut (Mormon or Scientology) or one of them exotic god nuts (Muslim or Jewish)? Inquiring minds want to know?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:31 am

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
heraclitis wrote:
DrCharbonneau wrote:

Minds? plural? You and your invisible friends? Maybe you are all crouched around this gal on a bed who just ate an apple and fell into a deep sleep?

Why don't you just face up to the fact that you need mental help? I'm merely pointing out that the biblical prophesies, self-fulfilling or otherwise, appear to have a propagation axis with "Saint" Wilfrid in 666AD. I'm sure you are too much of a coward (crackheads and alkies usually are) to join jootbox and get into that 666AD discussion firsthand. Trolls usually don't make it to the first membership level and I tend to think you don't know how to hold down a civil discussion, thus wouldn't last long.

It's really very simple. Don't take swings at others and others won't swing back at you.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
JFK was an advocate of scientific progress

If that is a reference to the space program, it's not precisely true. Kennedy was an advocate of Kennedy. He cared very little for the space program and in most cases, didn't understand it. It was the then Vice President, Johnson who was the staunch advocate of the space program long before it became obvious to JFK that it was a political winner. The clear eyed futurist of American scientific progress image is a post-assassination rewrite of the career of a man who was a sex-obsessed philanderer drugged up by Dr Feelgood even as he gave one good ghost written speech after another. LBJ built NASA; not JFK.

I'm a liberal but I don't care for mythologized hero making to support what would be good ideas if their supporters didn't believe they have to be wrapped in historical clap trap to claim a moral step up to get a gold when a silver or bronze is deserved.

I leave you to your pain addicted exchanges of barbs which say clearly y'all like the punches better than the count. You don't get on the Group W bench because you are bad; you get there because a system declared it so and those who serve it like the score.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
I leave you to your pain addicted exchanges of barbs which say clearly y'all like the punches better than the count....

len, as i recall discussions with you were no better off than what you are saying here, so don't even go there.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

len wrote:
Quote:

If that is a reference to the space program, it's not precisely true. Kennedy was an advocate of Kennedy. He cared very little for the space program and in most cases, didn't understand it. It was the then Vice President, Johnson who was the staunch advocate of the space program long before it became obvious to JFK that it was a political winner. The clear eyed futurist of American scientific progress image is a post-assassination rewrite of the career of a man who was a sex-obsessed philanderer drugged up by Dr Feelgood even as he gave one good ghost written speech after another. LBJ built NASA; not JFK.

I'm a liberal but I don't care for mythologized hero making to support what would be good ideas if their supporters didn't believe they have to be wrapped in historical clap trap to claim a moral step up to get a gold when a silver or bronze is deserved.

I leave you to your pain addicted exchanges of barbs which say clearly y'all like the punches better than the count. You don't get on the Group W bench because you are bad; you get there because a system declared it so and those who serve it like the score.

The JFK/LBJ comparison is interesting. Wouldn't by chance have some credible links would you? I think part of the point is not whether "Camelot's" king was mythological as much as who did or did not share that view and who the whole mess threatened.

As for the punches, Attempts at offering olive branches are futile, so I can either stick around and do what I can to enjoy some discussions with the civil ones while hoping to connect with some like minds, or choose to abandon ship. There are worse places, but it sucks to say that my own forum is among the best because it has very few members and I refuse to put it to google just to attract warm bodies...

I'd enjoy seeing some biographicals about both JFK and LBJ, but also about Arlo, other than wiki or Rising Son. I haven't added to the "time slip" story because I need to know a bit more of how he would think beyond seeing Alice's Restaurant and some "Farout, man's" at Woodstock. His thoughts for the day are pretty cool.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

this is kind of like deja vu in fractals

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
len wrote:
Quote:

The JFK/LBJ comparison is interesting. Wouldn't by chance have some credible links would you? I think part of the point is not whether "Camelot's" king was mythological as much as who did or did not share that view and who the whole mess threatened.

As for the punches, Attempts at offering olive branches are futile, so I can either stick around and do what I can to enjoy some discussions with the civil ones while hoping to connect with some like minds, or choose to abandon ship. There are worse places, but it sucks to say that my own forum is among the best because it has very few members and I refuse to put it to google just to attract warm bodies...

I'd enjoy seeing some biographicals about both JFK and LBJ, but also about Arlo, other than wiki or Rising Son. I haven't added to the "time slip" story because I need to know a bit more of how he would think beyond seeing Alice's Restaurant and some "Farout, man's" at Woodstock. His thoughts for the day are pretty cool.

The space program brought a lot of money into Texas (a fav pastime of LBJ). I think it was one of America's better investments all things considered.

You know in Texas they know that gasoline is not made of alcohols but they do have a lot of true believers!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Give us a good synthesis and formula for a metallocelluloid based on aluminum or let it rest.

I've met at least a thousand "true believers" I've met maybe 5 true followers. We can look at letters from hierarchists of the catholic church in 333AD and see little save for a period of stunted growth, not to forget many of the hearalded, great Greek philosophers of 500BC forward promoted "boy love" (se Plato's Republic), so pedophilia was alive and well in those days too. In 666AD "Saint" Wilfrid was consecrated in France. It's ironic that the Masons were becoming a collective order in France about them, trying to bar references rumoured to date back to Soloman's Illuminati. It would seem the Masons, then Freemasons, were double agents of fortune (BOC pun intended.) Pontificated Wilfrid became the axis of what could be described as "pay salvation." Fast forward to 1950's and Billy Graham saving souls surely to die at the hands of atomic scientists through a ministry that needs oh so much money to flourish and salvage the entire human race from eternal damnation.

It tends to be counterproductive for oil mongering Texans to favor an advocate of nuclear power and rocket science, but not for a war hero turned president. Regardless, the people loved Kennedy as a mouthpiece far more thean Johnson. Puppet or not, JFK represented everything the televangelists feared. He was very much the antichrist of the antithesis of Jesus teachings.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Whatever else one might say of JFK, he was nobody's puppet.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:
Whatever else one might say of JFK, he was nobody's puppet.

I wouldn't truly know. I was only in grade school then. In looking back, though, quite a few elements of this add up. There's a lot to be dug up, still it's tough to know what's factual and what is hyperbola.

This was originally intended to be a thread about personalities of people on the net, but I suppose it's marginally on topic discussing where we got to the point where we promote the Bible as "the world's number one best seller."

pay religion... like pay tv

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Now, Kevin, here is an example that refutes your off topic attack on me in the Paul Ryan thread. The fact is I don't claim any absolutes in much of any claim.

We all have our writing styles. Some posts leave the next guy reading it, or at least me, asking what those six or eight words actually meant. Maybe some of you are from Mars or Xylon, but I'm human. I don't read minds.

Constructive criticism is usually characterized by predominance of kudos. The formulae, if called such, usually requires 5 positive performance recognitions for every negative performance recognition. The opposite committed is destructive.

Look at what you define as "constructive." It isn't.

I am certain everyone has good qualities here. You included. When we are out of range, though, we act very brave. We say things to others online we probably wouldn't say to our neighbors on the street. They might dot our eye.

If someone gives a list of idioms, it may be enough just to say all of those are right on target. Validation blanketed. It is usually enough, though, to validate some, even tacitly, by picking out one area and saying WHY one can't validate it. Just to poo poo it all without a satisfying explanation is the same as throwing a rotton tomato. Some won't just slink away with their tails between their legs; they'll bring out the fire hose and fight back with it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

DrCharbonneau wrote:
Now, Kevin, here is an example that refutes your off topic attack on me in the Paul Ryan thread. The fact is I don't claim any absolutes in much of any claim.

We all have our writing styles. Some posts leave the next guy reading it, or at least me, asking what those six or eight words actually meant. Maybe some of you are from Mars or Xylon, but I'm human. I don't read minds.

Constructive criticism is usually characterized by predominance of kudos. The formulae, if called such, usually requires 5 positive performance recognitions for every negative performance recognition. The opposite committed is destructive.

Look at what you define as "constructive." It isn't.

I am certain everyone has good qualities here. You included. When we are out of range, though, we act very brave. We say things to others online we probably wouldn't say to our neighbors on the street. They might dot our eye.

If someone gives a list of idioms, it may be enough just to say all of those are right on target. Validation blanketed. It is usually enough, though, to validate some, even tacitly, by picking out one area and saying WHY one can't validate it. Just to poo poo it all without a satisfying explanation is the same as throwing a rotton tomato. Some won't just slink away with their tails between their legs; they'll bring out the fire hose and fight back with it.

If you'll go back and check, my problem with you has not been your views, it has been with how you treat others. The other day you insinuated we are illiterate. You have no clue who you are talking to. If you don't want your stuff picked apart, you may want to consider presenting it to a less educated group of people. The things you say about others are just down right mean. That doesn't really fly around here either. As I mentioned in an earlier post, respect is earned. You haven't accomplished that yet.

Try me again. I'll pull the fire hose back out.