Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:57 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Personally, got not that much against regular people breaking free from the system through Rock and Roll music, movies or sports, for their talents help people dream, basically.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
leoburg wrote:
Personally, got not that much against regular people breaking free from the system through Rock and Roll music, movies or sports, for their talents help people dream, basically.


What about one dream overshadowing another dream to death? I think it was Greg Lake who came up with the term "thinker thunker." Occupy certainly encountered a great deal of thinker thunking.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Occupy will come up with a group conscience or goal, soon enough. Though none of the ideas in this article are mine, I did write this article, for they are things I am sure, would improve the ability of people to be able to take care of themselves. There will always be working stiffs and stars, but if the stiffs are living in dignity, they won't be coveting what the stars know isn't it worth all it seems.

''It sounds like a great idea to get money out of politics. Can we find a way to get politics out of our lives? In this 21st Century, can't we find something that works? This internet is a very cool communication tool. Though I've felt OWS-Empire's-Territory broiling inside of us for years, with people in all of my travels being sick and tired of being regulated to death. It would be great to have a real life where we can laugh, Rock and Roll and dance, without having all of our currant day distractions. Why should we settle for less?''

http://www.opednews.com/articles/OWS-is ... 2-254.html


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 am
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
leoburg wrote:
Occupy will come up with a group conscience or goal, soon enough. Though none of the ideas in this article are mine, I did write this article, for they are things I am sure, would improve the ability of people to be able to take care of themselves. There will always be working stiffs and stars, but if the stiffs are living in dignity, they won't be coveting what the stars know isn't it worth all it seems.

''It sounds like a great idea to get money out of politics. Can we find a way to get politics out of our lives? In this 21st Century, can't we find something that works? This internet is a very cool communication tool. Though I've felt OWS-Empire's-Territory broiling inside of us for years, with people in all of my travels being sick and tired of being regulated to death. It would be great to have a real life where we can laugh, Rock and Roll and dance, without having all of our currant day distractions. Why should we settle for less?''

http://www.opednews.com/articles/OWS-is ... 2-254.html


We shouldn't settle for less. If you could rally all the Occupy people together to unite for some specific effort that would change the future for the better of all mankind, what would that rally be? You enjoy writing. Some here may enjoy reading.

I enjoy both. You already know I take a stance against violent team sports. I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite though, because my own sport was martial arts and even if one doesn't practice, like guitar, it never quite leaves you. I'm not against sports in general. I oppose sports overshadowing science and the arts.

Some of us belong on the group W bench. Some of us there believe in ethics. I think Arlo making a forum is "Far Out, Man!" That's about as "Stand up for the constitution" as anything else. I'm just a blundervirgin at the moment, so experimenting in what is an "Occupy friendly" environment that may house some like minds.

No. We shouldn't settle. We are smarter than that. Write on young dude.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:42 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
Oh wait, misunderstanding, if you think I like reading or writing. The only reason I do either on line, is for the 80s exploded on me in 94, when my pool game was ready to win on The New England Tour, but a living as an IBEW Wirenut was over. Oh I am glad to have found OEN around 5.7 years ago, and they published me. There are much better writers and knowledgeable people there than me.

The last 30 years are real to me. Them Union Brothers in the early 80s had always said the 6-7 bucks in the 60s were more than the 15 we were earning. It wasn't until 5.4 years ago that finding out about the Fed, it became clear that the fiat banking was why in the 90s, there was way to much month for the money.

Hey, the dark days are gone, for me. I joke about finally playing 3-cushion in Europe, with being in Belgium to marry a cool Facebook Friend. it was ok to meet a former Belgium Champ and lose 25-30 to him. Even if he doesn't have much time to play. His mom and dad hang out at nearby Cafe.

I only write so as to get the US out of the Fed, and Europe out of the eurozone, so that Champ can make a living here at it, and I can do the same when we get back to the States. But my Fiance Marie is cool on opening a Cafe, so we may not even come back. Belgium took a 5-1 hit on its money, when the euro nonsense happened.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:35 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
leoburg wrote:
Oh wait, misunderstanding, if you think I like reading or writing. The only reason I do either on line, is for the 80s exploded on me in 94, when my pool game was ready to win on The New England Tour, but a living as an IBEW Wirenut was over. Oh I am glad to have found OEN around 5.7 years ago, and they published me. There are much better writers and knowledgeable people there than me.

The last 30 years are real to me. Them Union Brothers in the early 80s had always said the 6-7 bucks in the 60s were more than the 15 we were earning. It wasn't until 5.4 years ago that finding out about the Fed, it became clear that the fiat banking was why in the 90s, there was way to much month for the money.

Hey, the dark days are gone, for me. I joke about finally playing 3-cushion in Europe, with being in Belgium to marry a cool Facebook Friend. it was ok to meet a former Belgium Champ and lose 25-30 to him. Even if he doesn't have much time to play. His mom and dad hang out at nearby Cafe.

I only write so as to get the US out of the Fed, and Europe out of the eurozone, so that Champ can make a living here at it, and I can do the same when we get back to the States. But my Fiance Marie is cool on opening a Cafe, so we may not even come back. Belgium took a 5-1 hit on its money, when the euro nonsense happened.



On the silly side we could envision a 3 second departure to Dorothy excaliming "He got away... he got away..."

then back to Belgium and cafes. What I would have Occupy do is essentially "stone soup." I think if they stone souped some industries, they could own Wall Street and the other places that kicked them out.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 pm
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
I did get away. Belgium ain't perfect, but there is a good sense or such, of much less frustration than in Massatack, and its not just because its new to me.

Sure, sports players do earn a lot more money than they should.

How do we (My last name is Dewey.) get Wall Street to invest in Communities, over Multinationals, so we than could take care of ourselves? Damn, the hardware store in Ayer, where I last lived, had set up lots of the shops in town. It has been in the Family for over a 100 years. Now, thanks to Home Depot and such, the owner makes his main cash at the Pool Room he opened 10 years ago.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:55 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
leoburg wrote:
I did get away. Belgium ain't perfect, but there is a good sense or such, of much less frustration than in Massatack, and its not just because its new to me.

Sure, sports players do earn a lot more money than they should.

How do we (My last name is Dewey.) get Wall Street to invest in Communities, over Multinationals, so we than could take care of ourselves? Damn, the hardware store in Ayer, where I last lived, had set up lots of the shops in town. It has been in the Family for over a 100 years. Now, thanks to Home Depot and such, the owner makes his main cash at the Pool Room he opened 10 years ago.



And that is just one more example of how the world, not just America, has degenerated to a throw away "me first" society to a large, though luckily not total, percent. I must admit, I'm more interested in correcting what goes on at home, more than abroad. It just goes to show, though, that the planet is now a giant conveyor belt of technology that wants to chew up humanity and spit it out as a cybernetic demi-god. Most want that invulnerability.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:55 am
  

User avatar
Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Oct 12, 2005
Posts: 1694
Location: Axachusetts of New New England
The ''fixing'' probably does all start with America. As some man said to me around 91, ''America is here to show the world how things are done right.'' If we led by a good example, it sure looks as if others would understand, and follow suit.

Occupy USA Democracy is Coming Lyrics by Leonard Cohen
http://youtu.be/lBVaqrqb3bk


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:57 am
  

Arlo Fanatic

Joined: Jul 17, 2010
Posts: 1174
HR347 certainly sent this man into a tizzy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTS_Ie4bMfc


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm
  

User avatar
Senior ArloNetizen

Joined: Mar 15, 2012
Posts: 408
leoburg wrote:
The ''fixing'' probably does all start with America. As some man said to me around 91, ''America is here to show the world how things are done right.'' If we led by a good example, it sure looks as if others would understand, and follow suit.

Occupy USA Democracy is Coming Lyrics by Leonard Cohen
http://youtu.be/lBVaqrqb3bk



You might be right. I thought of a number of ways to create jobs for people who like jobs and work for those who prefer work. We need to use wind power and solar power to produice elecrticity, distill more water. People need to buy indendence type generators. That means someone will need to make those. One example.

People in areas that may be getting more severe winters might want to have energy generators that store the power. Occupy people could be employed and might even end up building parts for their own home.


          Top  
 
 Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm
  

User avatar
ArloNetizen

Joined: Nov 16, 2011
Posts: 27
Location: someplace in missouri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... eR2WV-xRAE IS THIS WORKING??? a and c get arrested here if i got it right


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group