Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: Occupy America
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You know the old saying: "A family that blunders together.........."!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:53 pm

ArloNetizen

nortonkevin wrote:

ya wanna finish that sentence kev???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

shadowdancer wrote:
nortonkevin wrote:

ya wanna finish that sentence kev???

Sure thing. I can't remember exactly....."A family that plays [or prays?] together stays together," something like that. It's a good thing. This place is the "blunderboard," and its denizens (us) are "blunderers." This goes back to the days before internet when Arlo put out a newsletter called the "Rolling Blunder Review." I think it's great to have multi-generational families involved in activities and shared interests like this website, just like families going together on camping trips, or other family participation stuff. I mean, look at the Guthrie Clan........3 generations and all their families touring together......how cool is that?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:03 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hey Wc,
Knowledge is power. Based on the pic of the leo at UC Davis Friday (link below) please remind your protesters to wear protection if/when on the front line and exposed to these (pepper spray) types of enforcement. As a scout I was taught to be prepared. Ski goggles would be one example of some (limited) protection. A full face shield is another. Also have a decontamination plan to get the offensive chemical off as quickly as possible. Please ask A & C to pass these words along to help mitigate the pain inflected by those who choose to impose the will of the 1%.

Doug

http://www.upolitic.org/post/13025310326

Note: Please look only at the pic of the leo spraying the peaceful protesters. Warning the youtube video linked below the pic from the above linked weblog is a video by NWA with offensive EXPLICIT lyrics. It does not represent my views, and I do not recommend anyone watch it, in fact please don't watch it. I did not watch it before I posted.

Last edited by DRR on Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Kevin,

Thanks for clairifying, I was confused by the little yellow guy. Many is the time I've been mistaken, and most of the time confused.

Play together... thanks for reminding us of the old adage. Part (3 generations) of our family is going up the hill to play in the snow and ice skate today. Our GKs are 6 and 11, and such wonderful young people.

See ya soon,

Doug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 pm

BlunderVirgin

thank you for the reminder about the protection. my husband thought about the full face motorcycle helmet. and i'll make sure they spread the word. i just can't understand how an individual can do to another living being what some of the leos are doing to the protesters. don't they understand that they are also part of the 99% & that they are being used & will be used up & spit out! do they not think about their own families? what they do if that were done to their child?
DRR wrote:
Hey Wc,
Knowledge is power. Based on the pic of the leo at UC Davis Friday (link below) please remind your protesters to wear protection if/when on the front line and exposed to these (pepper spray) types of enforcement. As a scout I was taught to be prepared. Ski goggles would be one example of some (limited) protection. A full face shield is another. Also have a decontamination plan to get the offensive chemical off as quickly as possible. Please ask A & C to pass these words along to help mitigate the pain inflected by those who choose to impose the will of the 1%.

Doug

http://www.upolitic.org/post/13025310326

Note: Please look only at the pic of the leo spraying the peaceful protesters. Warning the youtube video linked below the pic from the above linked weblog is a video by NWA with offensive EXPLICIT lyrics. It does not represent my views, and I do not recommend anyone watch it, in fact please don't watch it. I did not watch it before I posted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:16 pm

BlunderVirgin

nortonkevin wrote:

yup, blundering is a wonderful way for family time. a family stays together that dances, drums, sings & has long discussions about everything! and i also believe in homeschooling as a great way for family time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Heard pepper spray being referred to as a "compliance tool." Amazing the euphemisms that we are being expected to swallow by the police state, although it's really pretty hard to top "enhanced interrogation techniques."

mikey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Arlo reminds us that the season is upon us and new faces are appearing at the Church. People are looking for a safe place, an ashram, a place to sit, be fed, be happy and be with others who want the same. I hope others hear what he says and take the holiday to remember that there are as he said places where we are welcome, and to return blessings that honor the kindess of those who use their wealth and great goodness to secure these places.

There are good people in the world we occupy.

Baruch ata Adonai, Elohenu melech ha-olam she-hecheyanu, ve-kiyemanu, ve-higiyanu la-zeman ha-zeh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

thanks for posting the updates...i definitely heard about the pepper spray thing,,,and good to hear some of the thoughts shared here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:03 am

Arlo Fanatic

Article & video of the OWS March to DC:

http://front.moveon.org/breaking-occupy ... 88-aezfmYx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:22 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Prepare to be nauseated and enraged.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/1 ... 02895.html

"Most recently this photo, which is quickly becoming an iconic image from the movement, has gone viral. It shows Occupy Portland protester Elizabeth Nichols getting hit directly in the face with pepper spray by Portland police. The shot was taken by Randy L. Rasmussen, a photographer for the Oregonian, during Thursday's protests.
The picture itself has been called a lot of things, but intriguingly enough, the most accurate description of how it was taken is that it was an accident. Ramussen explained in an interview with the Oregonian that he didn't even know he had captured the scene until he saw it appear on a computer screen when he returned to the office.
But Elizabeth Nichols, the woman being hit in the face with the spray, certainly knew what happened (though she didn't know it had been captured on film). Nichols won't soon forget the incident, regardless of the photo.

From the Oregonian:
Nichols said a policewoman jabbed her in the ribs with a baton and pressed it against her throat. That made her angry.

She yelled at the officer, saying she was being mistreated. That's when another officer shot her with pepper spray. A photo by The Oregonian's Randy L. Rasmussen, which flashed across social media websites, shows Nichols was sprayed from a few feet away. (Bad cop, really bad cop?)

"It felt like my face, ears and hands were on fire," she said.

This new shot comes just days after a photo of 84-year-old Dorli Rainey went viral, after she was pepper sprayed in the face during Occupy Seattle protests. The use of the spray has become almost commonplace during recent protests, and the method has been prominent during controversial protests in New York and Oakland."

Could you stay peaceful if you saw this happen in person?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/1 ... 97836.html

Meme, oh my...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/2 ... 06128.html

At UCD...
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... .4-1.1l3l0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:08 pm

ArloNetizen

A says HI guys!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

hi back!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 am

Arlo Fanatic

Hi from me too! :) It's a shame they'd pepper spray the protesters. Not sure exactly what all they are protesting but they aren't criminals or anything.