Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Does anyone else think that it's time to admit out loud that the Republican Party no longer has a place in American politics or our lives? Over and over again they've shown they do not respect the American people, our way of life or the freedoms won by our fathers and mothers. They are determined to wrest these gifts from us and subjugate us to their will, their wealth and their delusions of religious dominance. They are destroying our economy, degrading our beliefs and sacrificing us on their altars of personal power.

It's Time to Just Say No.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

len wrote:
Does anyone else think that it's time to admit out loud that the Republican Party no longer has a place in American politics or our lives? Over and over again they've shown they do not respect the American people, our way of life or the freedoms won by our fathers and mothers. They are determined to wrest these gifts from us and subjugate us to their will, their wealth and their delusions of religious dominance. They are destroying our economy, degrading our beliefs and sacrificing us on their altars of personal power.

It's Time to Just Say No.

No argument from me. Honestly, I think it's way past time. I've felt this way since I was old enough to have informed opinions. George W. Bush brought to light the extreme nature of republican's lack of compassion, their fondness for keeping the wealthy fat and happy at the expense of our middle class and most vulnerable citizens, and their resistance to accept empirical scientific research. This lastest round with the Tea Party has just illustrated how brazenly they celebrate the influence they have exerted promoting ignorance, misinformation, heartlessness, and unsound and unfair economic policies and agendas.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:25 am

Arlo Fanatic

I dunno. I really don't think there should be any parties. Primaries? WTF. Means you have to vote for one or the other or nothing? I guess it doesn't really matter. You can't be president now without millions of dollars or that kind of backing...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Goofus wrote:
I dunno. I really don't think there should be any parties. Primaries? WTF. Means you have to vote for one or the other or nothing? I guess it doesn't really matter. You can't be president now without millions of dollars or that kind of backing...

I understand what you are saying, and you are correct that it has become all about the money. I didn't mean to imply, "Republicans bad, Democrats good." More like, "Democrats less bad".........generally, when it comes right down to caring about the welfare of the folks with the least social capital, or voice, and important issues such as education, environmental protection, and human rights.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:23 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Obama has proved to me that he is sold out to the same (Maybe?) Sociopaths who own our Govt., which any others beside me call Fascism. Corporate control of Govt., by their owned Main-Slime-Media-Machine.

I'll stick with Ron Paul for what he is right about, with ending the Fed, which will get US sound money (we have never had), which seems to me will be by having other States follow what North Dakota has been doing fine with its State Bank.
And he will end the wars and close the over seas bases, or the people who get him there will be out in the streets demanding it!

With there being enough grass-roots movements about Healthcare, maybe modeled after Vermont's system. The same way someday common sense for taking care of Mother Earth, must happen, of which legalizing hemp could do a whole lot of good.

http://youtu.be/KP8YcfdHIN4

http://youtu.be/RHGM0ni7Yx4

Attachments:
fascism.jpg
fascism.jpg [ 47.06 KiB | Viewed 9755 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

nortonkevin wrote:
Goofus wrote:

I understand what you are saying, and you are correct that it has become all about the money. I didn't mean to imply, "Republicans bad, Democrats good." More like, "Democrats less bad".........generally, when it comes right down to caring about the welfare of the folks with the least social capital, or voice, and important issues such as education, environmental protection, and human rights.

Maybe you misunderstood me. My first vote was cast for Jimmy Carter...back then you could pull the big silver handle and vote one party. I did. Pretty much have ever since...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Goofus wrote:
My first vote was cast for Jimmy Carter...back then you could pull the big silver handle and vote one party. I did. Pretty much have ever since...

Same here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 am

Arlo Fanatic

Not all Republicans are bad. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:10 am

Arlo Fanatic

Cheryl Harrell wrote:
Not all Republicans are bad. :)

I didn't mean to imply that. It would have been more accurate to say that, generally, and at this moment in [regular] time, the vast majority of their policies, as well as their overall vision for America and the world, are hurting lots of folks. Their words and actions clearly illustrate they are more concerned with keeping the majority of all wealth concentrated in the hands of the very rich rather than providing assistance to the people who are struggling to survive. Republicans (not all) also, through their words and actions, appear to care little if at all about trying to stem the dangerous environmental problems human beings are faced with with. This is due not only to their rejection of scientific data, but also due to their belief that most environmental protections somehow impede the ability of the very wealthy corporations to make increasingly greater profits. Most disturbing to me is their constant reference to Jesus, who, from my knowledge of his teachings, would never endorse the shameful way that they treat the poor, weak, sick and needy while simultaneously allowing and helping the rich to continue to get richer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

an interesting article
http://cupofjoepowell.blogspot.com/2011 ... rvice.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:44 am

Arlo Fanatic

:D !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Arlo Fanatic

My first vote was for Tricky Dick not in spite of but because.

Sometimes a right bastard is the right response.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We know that, Cheryl, but you need to understand that the Republican Party from the 40's-'70's has undergone some huge fundamental changes, and it is no longer the party it used to be. The people in charge NOW are working against "the people" (which includes you, me and everyone else that isn't a millionaire) for the benefit of Big Business and corporations and some very, very rich people. These businesses, corporations and rich people have funded the political campaigns of Republicans, and in return, the Republicans in office, elected with the rich people's cash behind them, are doing everything they can to benefit those rich people (so they'll donate big piles of money for their next campaign) and corporations...so that they don't have to pay taxes on their huge piles of money, (but we pay a larger percent of our income in taxes than them). They've tried to disguise the fact that the rich companies/people/businesses aren't paying their fair share by using distractive tactics that have nothing to do with the real issues. They're actively fighting Congress against any legislation that would require these rich people to pay their fair share in income taxes, while making middle class and poor people foot the bills for everything. Right now, they're looking to reduce people's social security, medicare and pensions (including those benefits your parents are using) to a fraction of what they are today, so that in the future, there's a good chance that by the time you are eligible for social security, it won't be there for you. They're calling it an "entitlement program" where it is really an "earned benefit" because we PAY for those benefits, every paycheck. Some of the republicans in control today are using religion and the name of Jesus to justify what they're doing, when using religion has no place there; it's in our Constitution. Most of the time, they use the name "Jesus" and spout religious views because they know it will appeal to a lot of voters; if you look into the lives of those people, you will see that they do not live or even believe what they speak (it's all about getting votes) , and in the most part, care very little that they are making life very hard for middle class and low income people. You hear a lot about the right-to-life people...they fight against abortions, but in the next breath take away food programs, medical care and housing from poor families, Head Start programs for children at risk, medical care for women through Planned Parenthood (that's mostly what they do...they do well women GYN checkups) and make it clear that babies born today matter very little, especially if their family is poor, because the Republicans have voted to cut the programs that would feed, educate and keep those children healthy.
Bush started his office with a healthy economy and a surplus that was left over from Clinton; in eight years Dubya managed to spend us into trillions of dollars worth of debt, and a deficit. That's a fact. The problems today with our economy all have it's roots in the mess that Bush created; no matter who won the past election, there was an economic mess to deal with. Obama is being blamed for the mess and the weak economy, but the roots of this mess are all in Bush's lap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

This is another good article:

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-re ... 1314907779

I'm not crazy about the Dems either and, since I live in DC where my vote counts pretty much not at all, I will probably opt for a third party candidate in 2012 as well, but today's Republicans are a breed of their own. It's like a virus or alien pod has taken over their bodies and brains.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:54 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

This is another good article:

http://www.truth-out.org/goodbye-all-re ... 1314907779

I'm not crazy about the Dems either and, since I live in DC where my vote counts pretty much not at all, I will probably opt for a third party candidate in 2012 as well, but today's Republicans are a breed of their own. It's like a virus or alien pod has taken over their bodies and brains.