Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: dangerous animal too
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
hello...... :)
well,,,i was wanting to say something, but...you guys have pretty much covered what i was going to say...in so many words...i think..but what i was going to say was...basically,,,
since we (we humans) are here and all...what we should be trying to do is figure out how we are messing things up,,,you know like, what are the root causes of poverty, war, stuff like that...and figure out how to fix it...but maybe that has been covered....pretty much...in what you were saying here

i agree with the part about the conflicting messages in religion..(like what i was saying in my previous posts)

Thanks Agnes. I kinda thought I was almost plagiarizing because I was kind of restating what you had said. I guess my way of saying it kinda ran around the tree before it picked up the apple...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:09 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Captain Zap wrote:
Here's something somebody posted on Facebook (which probably doesn't have much to do with the discussion at hand, but I liked it).
"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one; It's fine to be proud of it; As long as you don't whip it out in public and wave it around and try to shove it down other peoples' throats!"
Amen!

Amen!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 am

Arlo Fanatic

Quote:
"Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one; It's fine to be proud of it; As long as you don't whip it out in public and wave it around and try to shove it down other peoples' throats!"
Amen!

So the so-called Ground Zero mosque is essentially a tall phallic symbol for the Imam's self-gratification? And France and Quebec are justified in banning the wearing of burqas in public places? And Dawkins and Fry are Mad Hatters?

Acts not words.

I came to this list originally looking for the lyrics and chords to a song that some decades after I first heard it began to play in my head again: "Oh in the morning, feel like the sun...". and because I remembered the writer of that was a fellow who stood up to his own peers when the causes they advocated for whatever sensible reasons would lead to violence. It takes a lot of strength of character to do that. Then after reading some threads, I found he actually did hang out on his own list on occasion and answered questions about music, occasionally taking time to defend his interests against misunderstandings, and so on. I visited his center, got to know some of his friends, read some of his wife's lyrics, realized that he was a complicated guy but unlike others, really is the cat I thought him to be. I like that. It doesn't mean we are mates or I'll ever get to pick a tune with him, but it's nice to know some people are what they seem to be even if that means they are a half-dozen of those. Children at play are marvelous for the spirit. When childhood heros for all their flaws grow up to be decent sorts still sharing what they know for free, there is something right about some people some of the time and possibly most people most of the time. That's as good as I've found anywhere anytime.

For the sake of whatever demons live in their heads, the Grand Inquisitors of Pseudo-Science and Religion are on the march. They will be stepped like sheep across a mindfield for the polticians with their own struggles and will find plenty of like minded folk ready. As the old song goes, they'll march up that hill and kill the mountain people. One tin soldier, etc. trades off peace on earth for peace of mind or something like that. It seems a waste but mobs of people are at all of the stages of human emotional evolution and they have to do what they believe they have to do. Better to step aside if you're done with marching.

I'd pick a good song, maybe indulge an illegal pleasure, try to sing on pitch and not get hoarse before the next occasion. That is like bhakti, the sweet way: trust God and breathe.

Almost 30 pages have been spent on this thread. Unless you're recruiting an army of true believers of your own persuasion, it seems it's time to agree to disagree and return to obliviousity.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

It's always somebody's way or the highway, isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Maybe on roadmaps but not on my account. Y'all have at AFAIC. The administrators have their own policies but the way Larry explained it, at 15 pages it gets closed and then you can open the second sequel. 8)

Every number has at least two neighbors.

Attachments:
bobafett.jpg
bobafett.jpg [ 16.39 KiB | Viewed 5390 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Even a zero.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yup. 15 is the limit for most threads, imposed by the great and powerful wizard.Start a new one..........if you must! :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.