Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

Post subject: Re: stuff about stuff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds interesting on the medicare stuff. Just hope if they replace it that it will be with something I can afford.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
agnes wrote:

bernie sanders interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSfuEXh07oI

*note*
at the close of the interview bernie sanders’ response (to whether or not he would attend the inauguration) sort of glitches out or something. according to the transcript included in this article (link below), his response was, “yes”

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-tra ... d=44778012

the you tube clip has been taken down now but the bottom link now includes the video along with the transcript

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Arlo Fanatic

poor whales :(

thank you to all the rescuers!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 65ab0a58bb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

https://www.facebook.com/momsorganicmar ... permPage=1

i think some doctors ‘know nutrition’, but not enough of them? and it might not be their fault?

i think nutrition, as well as an holistic approach in general, should be an integral part of any medical intervention

discuss?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:23 am

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/momsorganicmarket/photos/a.58488429653.64252.49079254653/10154722686774654/?type=3&permPage=1

i think some doctors ‘know nutrition’, but not enough of them? and it might not be their fault?

i think nutrition, as well as an holistic approach in general, should be an integral part of any medical intervention

discuss?

I agree with you, there. I know of one doctor in the UK who does not believe in anything holistic at all and says it's nothing more than drinking water. His attitude puts me off but thank goodness I don't have to have treatments over there because I would be very unhappy.

Take for instance, statins. I expressed my thoughts on taking statins especially for people who have good cholesterol levels but just not enough of the good kind. Why do doctors try to force their patients on statins for this when healthy food could do the trick? But, no, this guy came right after me when I said statins can raise blood sugar. He said he would take the statin in a heartbeat and if it raised his blood sugar, he would begin treating for diabetes as well. More chemicals! SMH!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

Dragonfly wrote:
agnes wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/momsorganicmar ... permPage=1

discuss?

I agree with you, there. I know of one doctor in the UK who does not believe in anything holistic at all and says it's nothing more than drinking water. His attitude puts me off but thank goodness I don't have to have treatments over there because I would be very unhappy.

Take for instance, statins. I expressed my thoughts on taking statins especially for people who have good cholesterol levels but just not enough of the good kind. Why do doctors try to force their patients on statins for this when healthy food could do the trick? But, no, this guy came right after me when I said statins can raise blood sugar. He said he would take the statin in a heartbeat and if it raised his blood sugar, he would begin treating for diabetes as well. More chemicals! SMH!

oh! and to be clear, when i say holistic, i am referring to the taking into consideration the many circumstances that make up the whole.

when a person says it’s like “drinking water” i am under the impression they are referring to a specific “remedy in question”.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 am

Senior ArloNetizen

What this doctor means is any type of homeopathic medicine, herbs, cannabis, supplements, or anything that isn't prescription medication may as well be the same thing as drinking tap water. In other words, he means it doesn't do a thing.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dragonfly wrote:
What this doctor means is any type of homeopathic medicine, herbs, cannabis, supplements, or anything that isn't prescription medication may as well be the same thing as drinking tap water. In other words, he means it doesn't do a thing.

not even iron supplements for anemia? prenatal vitamins? iodized salt? vitamin d supplementation, if for some reason you don’t get enough sunshine?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:

not even iron supplements for anemia? prenatal vitamins? iodized salt? vitamin d supplementation, if for some reason you don’t get enough sunshine?

I would imagine he likes those things because they're pharmaceuticals. He likes those. What he despises is people saying things about vaccines causing autism which is a huge thing being talked about, now. He also does not believe in diet instead of pharmaceuticals such as eating salmon and other foods with the good types of fat to combat cholesterol. He would rather people take statins, instead. Stuff like that. And he and I do not get along, at all. We have words and I leave.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Dragonfly wrote:
agnes wrote:
Dragonfly wrote:

I would imagine he likes those things because they're pharmaceuticals. He likes those. What he despises is people saying things about vaccines causing autism which is a huge thing being talked about, now. He also does not believe in diet instead of pharmaceuticals such as eating salmon and other foods with the good types of fat to combat cholesterol. He would rather people take statins, instead. Stuff like that. And he and I do not get along, at all. We have words and I leave.

those things i mentioned up there are elements and vitamins and such that are necessary for good health. i can tell you for certain, sometimes trying to get all of the iron you need from various things in your diet alone, including cooking in a cast iron pan, just. isn’t. enough. eating as healthy as you can is a great thing to do. if you eat fish, cod liver oil contains vitamin D.
as for vaccines, i can understand a persons concern. i would be lying if i said i didn’t. but i also understand their importance and the good they have accomplished. still, i don’t think they are linked to autism.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Arlo Fanatic

one of my favorite things about a doctor i had for a very long time among other things, not the only thing, was that he made me laugh.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np-TYoZE5NM

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Arlo Fanatic

in large part, each “civilization” has and has had their own gods. each believes theirs are the ones, until perhaps other humans bully their gods into prominence, based on their own visions and fantasies.
we waste our time on earth, proving our gods (which i believe are based on human agendas) are the “best”, instead of recognizing what we have here, and wanting to coexist ‘with all of gods’ children and with the planet, because that is what is here. maybe ‘god(dess)’ would love to see what we are made of. if we truly believe in the love and beautiful visions that we preach?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:28 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Without the quest for immortality there wouldn't be "civilisations" (and probably not many gods either)

The quest for immortality sounds a huge subject but it actually isn't and you don't have to believe in a god in order to follow the immortality route to oblivion. It's an only human thing because it's part of our evolution so we humans have come up with such approaches as Resurrection, Legacy, Soul, and basic Staying alive to keep us in the immortal rabbit hole. Science and not just religion/god also plays in the game of immortality. (The gods of science offer so much of the same thing that religion already promised and more...) But in the end all cease to exist no matter the magic potions, wee pyramids, greek souls or resurrection shuffles that are the order of the day there and back.

As the song goes "...Who wants to live forever..." (Humanity and dare i say, most individual humans do but the facts speak for themselves all about us)

(a wee bit of wisdom stuff from the Bible OT): "Everything is meaningless" so just enjoy the life and the loves you have in the best way you can.

Those creaking joints etc etc get more noticeable with age but each day here is something amazing don't you think? (That wee pill of promised eternal life that took Gilgamesh on his epic journey became his discovery of a lifetime - he found the Truth instead)

(maybe someone should begin a thread on the notion of immortality for us mortals to ponder?)
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Arlo Fanatic

that quest for immortality is a whole ‘nother thing to my mind. in many religions, maybe not with all, it seems a bit of a bribe on conditions you side with a particular god. and so end up getting caught up in the particulars of dogma, which can result sometimes in something rather cruel or vicious.
in some cases it may be not so much a quest, but a question? like maybe, “that person’s spirit is no longer in their body, where did it go?” or something like that
other reasons people might look to a would be god (or the possibility of a god or whatever you would want to call it) might come from looking up at the sky at night and then the sun return the next next day and wonder, how? or, why? and then there are the cycles of rain which help to nourish life. but then there are stresses from the harshness of how nature can be, a civilization might look to try and understand these forces? unfortunately, sacrifices were sometimes the result of wanting to appease would be gods it seems.
anyhow, i think the god concept can be a complicated one.