Forums » Group W Forums » Topical Tropical Discussions

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Why have same merry-go-round 'conversations' unless of course someone is for a converting someone to their way of thinking?
Used a chainsaw to murder a few big trees today in our garden so i could burn them in the fire so i guess any tree lovers out there will be marking yours truly off their christmas card list (if i was on it). Looks like it may be cold in Hell again in the US with maybe a tad or two of stopping by the woods on a snowy evening. I know, that ain't original but i ain't trying to convert the trees.

seriously? the subterfuge and heaps of red herrings you dropped there (and which you chose to distance yourself from) speaks volumes on that thread.

http://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=165

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Why have same merry-go-round 'conversations' unless of course someone is for a converting someone to their way of thinking?
Used a chainsaw to murder a few big trees today in our garden so i could burn them in the fire so i guess any tree lovers out there will be marking yours truly off their christmas card list (if i was on it). Looks like it may be cold in Hell again in the US with maybe a tad or two of stopping by the woods on a snowy evening. I know, that ain't original but i ain't trying to convert the trees.

what? damn, hard to read between them lines.. i have no clue what you are saying?

the wood wont burn right away, probably have to dry a bit...???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

what? damn, hard to read between them lines.. i have no clue what you are saying?

this just gave me such a chuckle….good point kid (being as how you need to let the wood season and all)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Already got me fuel for this season (including 'dry' wood) but they say prepare ahead, the trees became dangerous so even through we liked them we had to put them down giving us next year's promise of warm fires on cold days.

I like most fruitcake, have washed me hands of the religions of men and mere mortals but am open to the notion of peace and love without requiring the tinsel and political window dressing. i got a life and hope you enjoy yours.

"Want only what you already have - You'll be happy." - ADG

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
Already got me fuel for this season (including 'dry' wood) but they say prepare ahead, the trees became dangerous so even through we liked them we had to put them down giving us next year's promise of warm fires on cold days.

I like most fruitcake, have washed me hands of the religions of men and mere mortals but am open to the notion of peace and love without requiring the tinsel and political window dressing. i got a life and hope you enjoy yours.

"Want only what you already have - You'll be happy." - ADG

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

the letting the wood dry part kind of struck me as an hilarious aside (at least in my head) the main point being, "what?" (?)

the main thing i am saying here is, what? really? seriously?

agnes wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

seriously? the subterfuge and heaps of red herrings you dropped there (and which you chose to distance yourself from) speaks volumes on that thread.

http://arlo.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=165

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

You have me there Agnes but just what am i chosing to distance me from? i stand over, under and maybe even above the words i use so bring me up to speed Agnes and speak one or two of those 'volumes' and watch out for the frying fish.....be they red, white or black. Somehow i think I'd prefer 'red herrings' to flying seagulls overhead so i try not to look up as they're passing. :wink:

"There is much to ponder, and not much worth pondering." - ADG

Peace and hugs

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:17 pm

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
You have me there Agnes but just what am i chosing to distance me from? i stand over, under and maybe even above the words i use so bring me up to speed Agnes and speak one or two of those 'volumes' and watch out for the frying fish.....be they red, white or black. Somehow i think I'd prefer 'red herrings' to flying seagulls overhead so i try not to look up as they're passing. :wink:

Peace and hugs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C8nl8eBoq0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Where's my tip?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Arlo Fanatic

word for the day:

pernicious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
word for the day:

pernicious

Wickd umdinger without any pernickety Agns :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:26 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:
have washed me hands of the religions of men and mere mortals

What?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

What?

all religions and religions all. Will take my chances with whatever resides on the other side be it spiritual or not, its anyone's guess and all are entitled to have their guesses and may the 'gods' be with ya.

Move it on from a 'what' and rather than get stuck on the carousel of religious debate why not something more serious like joining the church of Free Hugs?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

heraclitis wrote:
woodstock69 wrote:

What?

thank you sir.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:08 am

Arlo Fanatic

woodstock69 wrote:

all religions and religions all. Will take my chances with whatever resides on the other side be it spiritual or not, its anyone's guess and all are entitled to have their guesses and may the 'gods' be with ya.

so you support the removal of heads in the name of entitlement of faith?

what?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

That was some jump! Burning at the stake, the inquisition, the removal of heads etc etc has been the nature of someone's blind faith or other. Nothing changes only the belief system that demands the sacrifice of human beings (and animals) in the name of some god or other. "Love your neighbour as yourself" doesn't require any interference or threat from any god but it may actually be a new beginning rather than what we have now. Your comment is an interesting puzzle rather than a question of my supporting any sort of entitlement of faith to the detriment of someone's head. We in Ireland have endured the tribal religious stuff for centuries resulting in hatred, division, destruction and the death of innocents.
Perhaps something got lost in communication resulting in your question of judgement of entitlement?

Peace and goodwill a hunting