Post subject: Happy Birthday RonAlso!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:16 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy Birthday Story Board Ron!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:01 pm

ArloNetizen

agnes wrote:
Happy Birthday Story Board Ron!

Oh, Agnes. Thank ye muchly! (He says only about 17 days too late - or is that belatedly?) I apologize for the tardiness of this response. Life has a way of skewing things, ya know. Hope you are well and - again - thanks for the birthday greeting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:06 pm

ArloNetizen

You know, I miss the more active involvement in the Story Board where one would add to the story line, then another and then another until the story meandered in so many wonderful ways. I would always get a chuckle at some of the turns that were made. It's too bad that the epic story was lost back when Dave had some problems with the server so, seemingly, long ago. There was some truly funny, laugh out loud stuff that folks contributed to that. I should probably get my act together and figure out some more for the few stories I'm interested in adding to, doncha know.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, I remember that Story Board. It really was pretty freewheeling. I literally would fall on the floor laughing at times. I don’t think you, or maybe I should speak for myself and say, I don’t think I would know how to explain to a person who wasn’t there in a way that it would be understood. Of course, I am not sure how much of it was understood even if you were there. I think it fair to say that I don’t remember the plot being dependable, hahaha…!
It was just a spontaneous thing that erupted from all over the place.
Not even Larry could have predicted it!

Anyway, no need to apologize for a “late” response. It was a spontaneous shout out, and I am glad you heard it at all. Hahaha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:29 am

ArloNetizen

I was thinking more on the particular "story" I mentioned, trying to remember more about it. I remember that everyone's name was backwards in the story - agnes = senga, LisaC = Casil, Todd = Ddot etc.. I remember adding to the story but never writing myself into the story as I was quite new here at the time. One portion was the group going surfing (why I remember that specifically I do not know). There was a stretch in that one where it seemed like those who contributed were of the same mind as far as the story goes. Even though it wasn't planned, each contribution seemed to just fit into the context of the larger story. I recall when the server issue happened and I - along with some others - asked Dave if he could retrieve that particular one to which he replied he would do his best. It sticks that he was able to, but not in a way that it would still be available here. Been awhile back so I may not be remembering well

Went back to the earliest stuff and looked at one that PSBeatty started back in 2009 (I think - it may have been another one as I looked at a few of them yesterday). Louise made a comment in an addition she made about the same thing - things meshed even though it was several folks adding to the story itself.

Good to hear you're doing well. Enjoy the day!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Yeah, the one with the backwards names. It seems besides LisaC = Casil, there was also LisaJ = Jasil, and a LisaB = Basil, and I seem to remember the three of them being collectively known as the Lisa Twins,,,I think that is what I remember?

It seemed like the story could go all over the place, and no matter where that was, it would be reined in to some semblance of consistency and flow. Maybe with the magic words, “Just then…” or some such?

Yeah, That PSB sure had some stories.