Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

Post subject: I Have Been Discharged
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all the latest scoop that today I have been discharged from the impartial hospital outpatient program for behavioral health. I was in the program for a total of five weeks I got lots of insight and learned skills about being mindful, tolerating distress, controlling anger, and regulating emotions. I will continue to work on those behavioral skills along with my meds. Even though I am still on meds my chemical brain inbalance is not 100% but after a total of five different medications, the current ones I am taking are working much better keeping my moods stable also my depression has decreased in the past couple of months. Periodically I have a little of emotion as compared to when I was unstable several times a month, my anxiety level is borderline whereas using mindful and self-soothing skills made somewhat of a difference but I still have some symptoms of anxiety like being closed in on a huge crowd and waiting in a huge line in a store. Also my high mania has dipped down to a very low now I am not feeling like I am on top of the world thinking highly of myself or lots of childish behavior. I am counting on the future bringing me to a full upswing for positive thinking and a positive future and not on focusing on the past. :)

Peace and Love,
Lorie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Wonderful news Lorie :D You sound like you are upbeat and positive, and have gained some great insight, awareness, and valuable skills. My very best Blundervibes are coming your way, and please take good care of yourself, one day at a time. As we say in the recovery business, "Slow down, you'll go faster" :!: Peace, Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Cool!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:35 am

Arlo Fanatic

Good to hear. Hope things go better for ya. Prayers just said for ya...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

That's good to hear, Lorie! Keep up the good work! We'll keep sending vibes!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:36 am

Arlo Fanatic

NICE! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Good on Ya Lorie, just keep doing whatever works. Vibes to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Far out!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

Excellent News! Congrats on all your hard work.
8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:11 am

Arlo Fanatic

Location: Sunkistpower, Florida and the Janet Wood School Of L'eggsology studying sheer drama up to my waist
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. That program had more treatment than my monthly therapist visits. When I was hospitalized back in late April one social worker at the hospital recommend that I check myself in at a psychiatric hospital, I refused because I felt that I would feel like a prisoner and wouldn't feel safe with mentally disturbed patients screaming and doing physical harm to others. The other social worker highly recommended the impartial hospital behavioral care program, I felt very calm with the particular kind of treatment without any disturbances from others. One thing I forgot to mentional was that the psychiatrist at the impartial program told me that I am also diagnosed with PTSD (Post Trumatic Stress Disorder) I still have some anxiety and flashbacks on some disturbing events that happened in the past that done some psychiatric and emotional harm from other people who tried to destroy me by messing with my mind. That is still hard for me too control as well as feeling anxious in a crowded and closed in spaces.
Thanks again for your words:)

Peace,
Lorie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Congratulations Lori.
Great news, I am so happy for you. Sounds like you have worked very hard to get to where you are. I admire you for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:55 am

Senior ArloNetizen

It is good to hear you doing better. Stay in touch.