Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

You might want to talk to her doctor about the loss of appetite and weight loss...sometimes it's medications that cause it in elderly people, and sometimes it's another problem developing. Just sayin'...because 40 lbs is a lot of weight to lose because of a sudden appetite change.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 pm

I second Sue's good advice Cheryl. Definitely something to, at the very least, ask her doc about. Might even be due to depression as odd as that may sound. Does she have pretty much full motion in her knee then? Getting around without a cane or walker is good news, but falls are not so good. Hope you are doing well also. It's kind of stressful looking after folks especially when they're your Folks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 am

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks ya'll. I told her she needs to tell her dr about it. She said she is going this months and has the appt scheduled. She had thyroid problems and they cleared up so I wonder if they are back now? I think it could be depression due to worrying about the knee surgery and then her knee hurting her so bad before the surgery. Plus she's been thru alot this past yr with that and helping out after Mike passed on. I have depression due to diabetes and it's gotten worse since Mike went. But I have not lost my appetite. If I ever lose it you'll know I am near death. Since she's gotten up in yrs she had been eating less. Hopefully she will get things straightened out soon.