Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

I have a new quote. "Don't ever write something of importance down on paper, before you have the results in the bag"!!! (RLB)

I guess I've boasted about returning to school, to broaden my horizens. ntm: My financial aid was confirmed wks. ago....

BUT, Seeing I have a felony under my belt, I had to go to a Admissions review this a.m. & explain my criminal history.... It was like sitting in front of a Castopo....... ntm: After I told them, the truth about everything, they said at the end of the meeting, we'll be reviewing your Case Mr. Brown, and make our decision today. We'll send you a letter if your accepted to our University..... So it will be 3 more days before I have an answer....

So I'm asking everyone, to send me blunder-vibes, prayers, and good wishes, that the Advisory board, see's fit, to accept me into they're shool...

They sounded so lax over the phone. Then the college accepted my financial aide/// ONLY, to go to this a.m. meeting, and have the 'Castopo' ( Cause cops, OH :shock: ) treat me like a 3rd rate citizen... Never been arrested or convicted of a violent crime, but make a bad judgement call on drugs, and suffer the consequences..

I'm not borrowing troulbe, as I'm doing allot of soul searching, and praying that the good lord above, see's me fit for college. I have this nightmare, of being in my late 60's and twiddling my thumbs, for recreation purposes. I suspose I could start my own landscaping business? But it will really crush me, if I get denied going to college..

Knd Regards & thank - you in advance for the support.

Robert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:40 am

Arlo Fanatic

I really feel for you Rob. I applied last year to return to school to get a master's degrre in social work, after 25 years since my first round, and the red tape and bureaucratic nonsense went on and on for months. It finally turned out well for me, but the waiting and worrying almost drove me freakin' nuts. Try to do the "serenity to accept the things you cannot change" and have little control over.......I'm rooting for you, try not to let it drive you nuts, and keep a positive attitude, no matter what happens......Peace and vibes, Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:24 am

Arlo Fanatic

"Admission" Blundervibes headed to you from Texas. I find it hard to get my head around the fact that although it's known that education helps curb some "crime," they would even consider denying educational opportunity to someone who's been on the nonviolent & victimless wrong side of the law.

I hope they were just trying to scare you into "good behavior" after they admit you. It's possible ... but if this door doesn't open for you, another will. I'm sure of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:38 am

Arlo Fanatic

Good vibes on the way! If they give you any shit, tell them you got this freind in New Jersey with a hockey stick that will..............you know! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Sending vibes from here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Lots and lots of blundervibes from Colorado!

if they don't admit you, they will be the poorer for it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:14 pm

Arlo Fanatic

You got 'em from me, Rb!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Oh, and Rob, if you hafta mention your friend with the hockey stick, don't mention the pink tutu or the flowery hat I borrowed from Wyld. It may decrease the intimidation factor.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Tell 'em you'd never do it but you have friends who'll come burn down the ROTC building if they don't accord you the proper respect.

Or we'll just shout at them a lot.

Hang tough, Rob. Sounds like you're on the right path.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:41 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Lots of blundervibes from the left coast. Good luck Rb.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:50 pm

Arlo Fanatic

That's so crazy they wouldn't wanna help someone get into college. Prayers just said & vibes sent...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:50 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Blundervibes sending from Europe!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:52 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Rob, Blundervibes coming your way. It is fantastic that you want to do that.
Love and Peace
Brigitte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:48 am

Arlo Fanatic

I'd just like to roll out a red carpet to you folk that show your kind words & thoughts. I should by tommorro, know the results. A yea, or a nea, so to speak.

I really don't want for a second for anyone feeling sorry for me, as it was I that chose a life, of chantzy living that led up to this perdicacment. Do I feel sorry for myself? I'd be lying if I said not. I think just about anyone ( ANYONE) in the world would just say, screw it, I'm in or I"m out, let's go to the beach.

I'm sorta differant when it comes to waiting. Not sure, but being bi-polar probably doesn't help. It just leaves time, for me to beat myself up, and wish things like, " I shoulda done better in high school". Or I shoulda conformred to society more, and not been that lone wolf all my life? I really can't say. But having a mistake of this magnitude come back and try and bite me in the ass really does hurt.

*** Maybe I'm still in denial.. I realize I did break the law & should be punished like anyone else.. But people get lawyers all the time to bend the law for them. ( if your a famous baseball player ) OR EVEN if ya got the bucks to buy the BEST lawyer, most likely you'll catch a break...

** & I'm not sayin I didn't catch a break, but 6 mnths. house arrest ( I near went insane starring at my milk carton every 15 minutes ) Then going to court getting sentenced. My lawyer and the D.A would hash things out, get in arrguements, Judge had lil patience, and would postphone, my sentencing.... Finally when after my lawyer called me, and suggested I stay home, as he'd represent me by proxy, as not much moving on my plea... Then the plea bargain came in the mail, and i agreed to it... THAT's when I found out how much lawyrers LIE< LIE LIE.. Just to pacify a client, they will lie they're heads off... My origian plea offer, 5 yrs. probation, with good time being 2.5 yrs. So it sounded like I'd be doing 2 and 1/2 yrs probation... DONE DEAL.. ( this is where I start to get excited. there is some justice... I'm not going to prison ( for giving someone 5 Darvocett Tablets -- A -Felony, right up there with say Murder, as far as the sentencing phase goes ) ( ntm: I paid this guy over 4K)(the attorney. I should of paid the judge.

When I finally get in front of a the HANG MAN judge... He and the D.A. agree to the 5 yrs. probation. They nodded they're heads. That's where I have to stand there and say, "guilty your honor".

So the Judge says, I accept said plea, your sentenced to 5 yrs. probation, 1000 fine, 365 $ in court cost, and 1 Month in the county Jail. With 18 stipulations on my probation. .. Not supposed to go into bars, leave the county or the state without one mnths permission, ect. So I get this willy nilly guy for a P.O> that doesn't believe in drug testing, and think, this is gonna be a joke...Untill he moved up at probation, and I got the P.O. fom hell. In our first meeting she said pee in the cup. Failied my first urince screen for THC, than a y. later failed another, then 6 mnths. later failed a 3rd.. ( I knew you could get 3 chances )

so I haven't smoked Pot since last march. And signed a pledge with probation, that I won't smoke weed, and I have to finish out the full 5 yrs. Another blunder on my part. But the bitch kept telling me, I"M not gonna give you your good time. Your not to be trusted...

DOn't fall into the system.. There's too many cracks...

Wish me continued success. I'll need it..

LOVE /Rob / NTM/ TX AGAIN YOU GUYS ARE AUSOME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 am

Arlo Fanatic

Sounds like you're putting alot of thought into all you've been through and are going through......that's always a good thing. One thing I would try to avoid is playing that "woulda' shoulda' coulda'" game......we all do it, but we know down deep that line of thought goes nowhere good. It's a shitty situation, but from what I know about you, you will come through it shining no matter what roadblocks you encounter. You are being challenged in so many ways and you will turn all of this into a positive opportunity one way or another. Have faith in you......I do!!! Peace, Kevin