Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:01 am

Arlo Fanatic

Prayers & vibes for those near the fires & ya'll...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I went to see Shakespeare in the park on sunday. It was fun, trouping through the park to different spots to watch the play unfold. We didn't even get rained on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Site Admin

Hey all I,m back!!! Lots of catching up to do...In the meantime to those who have had birthdays,weddings,kids,grandkids,graduations and all kinds of good stuff,I,m sorry I missed it but all the folks here are always on my mind and wish ya "Happy Everything"!!!
Man i have lots to read and catch up on!!

RB,,thanks for the calls bro!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:34 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I was wondering where you got yourself to. Hope all is well. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

WooHoo!!! Sparky is back!!! Just in time for a couple of birthdays!!! Hope all is well with you!
HUGS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:18 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I mean life here without Sparky is like ice cream without catsup, I mean how could ya bear it!?!?!?! Nice to see you back dude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:54 pm

Senior ArloNetizen

Yes, nice to see you back. I was worrying a bit, but now it's Sparkytime again. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:47 am

Arlo Fanatic

Welcome back! Hope all is well with you! Just in time to celebrate Arlo's bd... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:46 am

Senior ArloNetizen

Hello from Okemah, Sparky!! It is good to see you back here. We have been missing you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:20 am

Arlo Fanatic

Larry wrote:
I mean life here without Sparky is like ice cream without catsup, I mean how could ya bear it!?!?!?! Nice to see you back dude!

damn!
i've been wondering what's been missin' from my chonklit ice cream mondays! (i used to do sundays, but found that mondays weren't as filling, and twice as fun)
:roll:

now, in honor of canada's favorite sun, i'm declaring the next two days national holidays. Everybody stay home and relax!
Me? I'm goin' sailin' up and down the hudson!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:49 am

Arlo Fanatic

Missed you Sparks but now your back so I'm happy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:55 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Gosh I wish you could all be here to see what a beautiful winter day we are having here!
We have been on level 6 water restrictions for a year.
That means 140lt (36.4gal) of water per person per day (you get fined if you use more without good cause) use of any hoses strictly forbidden. No washing cars or anything else outside. Bucket only watering for gardens, except if your over 70 and you could use a hose for half an hour once a week.
Well we have had one of the wettest winters for years. Yesterday our dams went over the magic 40% mark so in a week we are going back to level 5, 170lts per person per day and you can use some of that to wash your car ( I only wash my old LandCruiser when it's raining and I take to it with a soft broom while standing in the rain). Also you will be able to use hoses for the garden once a week after 4PM for half an hour.
Now this has been good in some ways. Kids have learned the preciousness of water. People in the city have been buying up water tanks for water to use outside (these were subsidized by the City Council)
We didn't have to worry as we have a big dam (pond) (about 200 feet x 100 feet ) and lots of roof area on the house and barn to catch water, most of which is piped into the dam.
Well the last few days have been really cold and wet, but today the sun is out. It's nearly 1PM on Sat arvo here and its 20C (68F) on the back porch. A little chilly inside cos we've opened up the house for an airing but the fire will be on again tonight!
Usually everything is dry, brown and crunchy outside at this time of year and the trees start dropping from lack of water etc. Then in August we get drying, cold Sou'westerlies and our bushfire season starts.
But today the ground is SOAKED the grass is so green and all the plants and trees are very happy, not to mention the horse who has had her blanket on for the last few days (usually only at night during winter) because it's been so cold and wet and even tho she has a cosy stable and is well fed still goes out in the rain to nibble in the paddock!
I haven't seen our paddocks so wet in winter for years!
Hope your all having a good day too!

Last edited by louise on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Happy soggy-ness to you, Louise! And welcome back, Sparky (a John Sebastian tune is stuck in my head, now!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:33 am

Site Admin

Hey folks thanks for the kind words,we had a loooong snowy winter here,almost breaking the snowfall record.The summer sounds kinda like Louises weather,lots of rain but with the heat, so big time humidity.
It seems like the summer is flying by though 8)
Although adg will be in the area this year,late summer/fall I don,t think I,ll be able to make a shows this year.Dang I just heard I missed Pete playing in Ottawa.:(.I guess that shows ya how far out of the loop I was.lol
I,m glad I,m back too,I missed you all!!!
Hey where the heck is rb???And has anyone heard from Nate as of late??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 am

Arlo Fanatic

We missed you a bunch! Nate hasn't showed up in quite awhile; rb and sue went to visit Zoee--I think it was in late June or early July, and he's been around from time to time.