Forums » Group W Forums » Moose Friends Network

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

yum Breakfast! I can't imagine what a traditional full english breakfast might be though.

Scrambled eggs with waffles and/or fried potatoes, and nice hot coffee is my favorite.

What color are your moon flower Agnes?

o.k. now I've got this song in my head
I'm being followed by a moon flower... no wait moon shadow

cheryl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:02 pm

Arlo Fanatic

We usually eat cereal. I sleep late so we're on our own for breakfast. On Sundays we have church so no time to cook anything before going. So we tend to eat big breakfasts out when we're at places that have breakfast all the time like IHOP, Dennys, HUddle House etc. Gives us something to look forward to...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Arlo Fanatic

cheryl, the flowers are big white (fragrant) trumpet shaped blooms that open at night...
somwtimes when a whole bunch of them are open at once, you almost expect music will come out of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

agnes wrote:
cheryl, the flowers are big white (fragrant) trumpet shaped blooms that open at night...
somwtimes when a whole bunch of them are open at once, you almost expect music will come out of them.

sounds beautiful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Site Admin

Does coffee count as breakfast??
So yesterday I,m on my way in my apt. building and I run into neighbor who is loaded down with camping gear and so I ask....she said was coming back from Havelocke country music festival.Wyld and I were there to see adg a few years back,as it turns my neighbor was there then too :) Hope she takes me up on the invite to drop by arlo.net :)

Well protesters have been active here with greeting Bush at the summit meeting,not too rowdy yet but the tear gas has been launched

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:35 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Those sound like such pretty flowers... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 am

Arlo Fanatic

you'll have to take me there sometime Gus.
Hi Beverley!

I'm SO GOOD :roll: I have home made muslie everyday, but occasionally I like to be BAD and have those yukky panjacks at Maccas. Oh! My beloved did take me to the Coffee Club for breakfast for my birthday and I had Eggs Benedict (but they have to make the egg yolk firm, runny makes me gag!!!) And I can't take a big Aussie type breakfast...all that steak sausage eggs chips (fries) fried tomatos toast butter jam UUUHHHGGG!

Of course I prefer BlunderChook eggs (don't tell them about the Eggs Benedict!! Did I tell you that we lost Dandilion?? So only 2 BChooks now :(

Gus!!! Go to Fat City in Multnomah Village and have the Pancakes...they are to die for!!! Oh for a good stack of American flapjacks!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 am

Arlo Fanatic

W is coming DownUnder next month................what can I say??? At least you'll have a break eh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 am

Arlo Fanatic

Oh it's for a big pow wow with other leaders (I won't mention the name of the shindig you'll hear about it maybe) and an American truck that shoots water at protesters is being imported, isn't that NICE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:47 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I hate to sound like a redneck Louise, but it's too bad it only shoots water! Give that man a taste of his own medicine, he'd send those troops home in a hurry.....

ya know, all kidding aside, it's hard to believe that ol President Bush is still alive... I hate to put myself on his level, but I think if it were back in the day, the Black Panthers would have some target practice there....

Shit all the Kennedy's did, was roll around the hay with Marilyn, and they got a cap in thier ass. Ya know....

One can only hope...

Me bad/rb :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:27 am

Arlo Fanatic

I saw in a bookstore last nite something you guys would've loved. A voodo doll against Bush where you stick pins in it against him. They had one for Hillary too tho lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 am

Site Admin

A local gallery has some Woody art showing,,,cool stuff :) Think I,ll be checking it out today :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:53 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Good evening Lar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:15 pm

Arlo Fanatic

Thanks to the Texans and whoever else sent the rain down to us in SE Queensland! Last week was the most winter rain on record for over 100 years. (of course the Aboriginal People would have seen this happen many times over the last 50,000 years!) Our winters are usually bone dry.

We had 200mm (nearly 8 inches) here at home. Our big pond is overflowing and the creek is running. Just north of us on the Sunshine Coast they had triple that and flooding.We've been in the worst recorded drought for 100 years, it's not broken, but we have an extra 4 months water in our storage dams here in the SE now ( they were down to about 17%). We will still go to level 6 water resrictions in the next few months.

My industry, Horticulture, will get a reprieve for a few months now (hundreds have lost their jobs in the last 6 months)and hopefully we will get our traditional summer wet season this year to fill our dams up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

in case anyone has been breaking over the anxious wind...

there is a chorus of moonflowers out there right now!

if i had one of those digital things with the thing that does that thing, i would post a thing as that over there...but i don't.

(louise, we got some needed rain here too last week)

oh yeah, there will be a lunar eclipse tonight some time...check local listings