Forums » Group W Forums » Controverial Topics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Arlo Fanatic

waitandsee wrote:
Various ancient Greek cities occasionally had laws against poetry, drama, and music. Because of its power to affect people's emotions and attitudes, and by extension opinions, they felt it was dangerous and labeled it black magic, witchcraft, whatever the ancient Greek word for bad juju is. I don't suppose they were far from the mark. A really good protest song or otherwise political piece of music will at the very least cause me to reevaluate my hard-won moderate-ness.

there are things (in the arts) that will make me think...in which direction my thoughts will go is not always easy to say...

i found that a very interesting post! (that is not arrogance or sarcasm...i hope it is not coming across that way!)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:03 pm

Arlo Fanatic

I wish I knew how to make first class videos with all the graphics and such. Here is Satellite, which I lived on in the 90s, of which the dreams have not faded I bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJCUM5EzE8

Hope adg and bluderites like it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Arlo Fanatic

i have enjoyed your home vids leo...perhaps as an aside (?)...they remind me sometimes ever so slightly of an alternate universe version of a cooking show i used to like to watch that would air in the 90s, which already had an alternate universe approach to cooking shows i imagine...kind of hard to explain, but anyway